Why aren't more guys ballsy?

Options

Replies

• Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered if that was sort of the equivalent of saying "why aren't girls more twatty?" and if guys should be offended.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    And I mean that as in personality.

I'm single. Super tall girl so I intimidate the crap out of men, apparently. But if see an attractive girl that you want to take out, why not just ask? Stop being so damn shy! lol

That's my "rant"...

You should consider taking a first step here on MFP and open your profile so that you reveal your face, age, and location to those that might want to friend you and get to know you.

Many women are unconsciously closed minded and not open to inquiries from men...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    So you're 5'10", won't date guys shorter than you and won't approach men?

No offense but it's no wonder your single. You've just labeled 50% of the men in the world un-dateable and you've probably cut out another 25% by ruling out shy guys.

Word.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask?

Because I'm a tad old fashioned

You can't have it both ways.

Take the initiative or stop complaining.

LOL I agree! Suck it up and deal! I chased my husband until I was able to tackle him! Now we have been together for 8 years! :)
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    lol, this may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. This exactly answers the OP's question...THIS mentality is why we dont often ask.

I don't see it as dumb, it's refreshingly honest. Women like confidence, and there's nothing wrong with that.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    A couple of guy friends were talking about the fact that they'd never date a woman that weighs more than 150lbs.

<----155.

Everyone is allowed their preferences. But IMO, such hard "rules" only make dating that much harder on yourself.

No such rules here!!!!

:love: :love: :love:
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Maybe you (or *insert girl here*) aren't approachable or just not their type.
    As much as I like a cutie/hottie, some women concentrate WAY too hard on trying to be the cutest and not at all on their intelligence or personality. Luckily, my fiance' has all qualities for me.

You limited yourself already by saying "you're a bit old fashioned"
    You limited yourself by "I don't date shorter guys"
    That limits your pool and is not a problem that should be projected at the male gender.

Guys and Gals will usually feel more comfortable with approachable people.

An interesting observation. Women choose who they date, but men choose who they marry. Things have an interesting way of balancing themselves.
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    i'm slightly offended by this topic lol.

seriously wth?
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Tall girls are hot!!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Pahaha, I was about to say... I know some pretty ballsy guys. My husband is one of them! I'm pretty sure only a select few would have the confidence to date a woman taller than them.

I don't date guys shorter than me

And, they likely are afraid they don't meet these rules of yours... Don't get me wrong, I'm also tall and have certain physical attributes I'm more attracted to.

Wanna go out?
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we're oblivious and other times we just don't care. It isn't always about a lack of confidence.

And sometimes it's awesome when the girl takes the initiative in the case of oblivion. Went out with an awesome girl and got to be really good friends because we'd hung out a couple times, but she was graduating college soon and then going abroad for six weeks before coming back, but she took the initiative and sent me a message on FB and said in general terms, "You're awesome and we need to go out sometime before I go on my trip, so here's my number. If you don't call me, I'll call you."

You don't have to ask the guy out, but at least give him a chance to know in very specific terms that you'd be open if he did.
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Since when was 5'10 super tall for a woman??? Sounds more like slightly above average.

I think the problem is with you, not the guys.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Pahaha, I was about to say... I know some pretty ballsy guys. My husband is one of them! I'm pretty sure only a select few would have the confidence to date a woman taller than them.

I don't date guys shorter than me

And, they likely are afraid they don't meet these rules of yours... Don't get me wrong, I'm also tall and have certain physical attributes I'm more attracted to.

Wanna go out?

With you? Absof*ckinglutely, gorgeous.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    So you're 5'10", won't date guys shorter than you and won't approach men?

No offense but it's no wonder your single. You've just labeled 50% of the men in the world un-dateable and you've probably cut out another 25% by ruling out shy guys.

there are guys out there with just as many rules about dating girls, if not more. i know guys that would never date a girl that are taller then them, or weigh more then them, or only date blondes or only date certain ethnic groups. Amber just wants guys that are taller then her, and wants them to approach her. Why? cuz she's a woman, thats why, and she wants to feel like one goddammit. she doesn't want to be the one in the relationship that has to reach for the pickle jar on the top shelf and then open it.

i on the other hand, am not picky at all. not in the slightest. no uggos, though.
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    From my experience, and from what MANY of my male friends have told me, men LOVE it when a woman makes the first move. The onus should not always be on the guys. Ladies need to take some initiative, too. It works both ways.

If you think you intimidate men, then maybe you do, and so it is MORE SO up to you to make a move...to show you are a genuine person.

I'm sure guys don't deal any better with rejection than us?!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all guys suck... I am 6'1 and I guess I am intimidating, I will likely never marry and I am okay with that.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I don't think your height is the problem.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Sorry but it's your generation. Guys hide behind the computer and have no confidence to approach a woman!!

A real man goes after what he wants and will approach you!!

• Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Most girls, don't like to date guys shorter, so the problem is that they think you fall under the same mentality besides, if it was me, I like to get to know the person friendwise before hand... normally that dooms me to the friend zone for life but ... eh... not really interested in dating... so no big loss for me
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Since when was 5'10 super tall for a woman??? Sounds more like slightly above average.

Last I knew, average is 5'4' for women and 5'9" for men, so yes, it's pretty tall, so it's bit more than "slight".