Why aren't more guys ballsy?

Options

Replies

• doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall and never had any issues with men being "intimidated" by me. Truthfully, it's personality. Maybe you scare the crap out of them and you should work on yourself some more
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Because I'm ugly!
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Yikes! It's not your height, its your attitude and lack of confidence. Be happy with yourself first and love with find its way around. Jeesh!
    Pretty much all guys suck... I am 6'1 and I guess I am intimidating, I will likely never marry and I am okay with that.
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    Give a guy a reason to come talk to you. Make eye contact and give him a smile. If he can't come up to you after that, then he is either already taken or not even worth your time.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm old fashioned and I asked my husband out first. And, I never let him forget it!!!! Started dating in '94, married in '98 and still together.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Are you approachable? You can vastly improve your chances by initiating eye contact and smiling, having open body language, and not hanging out in a herd (3+) of women. Most guys have no desire to tear down the "shield" of a woman who looks like she wants to be left alone, or try to carve her out of a group. The ones that do are usually douches.

I'm old-fashioned too. Women don't have to approach men if they don't want, instead, make yourself very approachable.

This is very good advice. I'm 5'8" and old fashioned as well OP, and I get asked out regularly (I decline since I'm dating someone now) but like the above poster said, you have to look approachable. When I'm single and go out to social events, I never bring more than 1 girl friend out with me, I smile and start random conversations with both men and women, and if I notice a guy looking at me, I look back at him and give him a smirk; he'll usually come up to say something after that.

The ones who don't approach even after you make it known, non-verbally, that you're interested, are not the ones you want to date anyhow. Some women like shy men, you and I do not, so no need worrying about them.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yikes! It's not your height, its your attitude and lack of confidence. Be happy with yourself first and love with find its way around. Jeesh!
    Pretty much all guys suck... I am 6'1 and I guess I am intimidating, I will likely never marry and I am okay with that.

Ha ha! Nothing like the man-hater vibe to really draw them in right? :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    "Men Suck"

No no no... you're doing it wrong. YOU suck.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Funny joke my dad told me.

One a day a guy see's his friend walking down the street and he has a black eye.
    He says what the heck happened to you?
    Oh some girl punched me.
    What for what did you do?
    I asked her if she wanted to fvck.
    Why did you do that?
    Guy says,I ask every girl I meet if they want to fvck.
    He says damn you must get hit a lot.
    Yea I do, but I also get laid a lot.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    So you're 5'10", won't date guys shorter than you and won't approach men?

No offense but it's no wonder your single. You've just labeled 50% of the men in the world un-dateable and you've probably cut out another 25% by ruling out shy guys.

LOL so true. I am 5'11 and I've only dated two guys who are taller than me in my life.

Good luck not approaching all of those 6' and above guys who won't approach you.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I'd ask you out but I don't have boy junk, well not attached to me anyways.... hehehe :laugh:
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall and I find most men are intimidated and shy. Especially if you are tall and pretty. If I see something I like, I go for it. Ask him out, what do you have to lose?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

No offense but it's no wonder your single. You've just labeled 50% of the men in the world un-dateable and you've probably cut out another 25% by ruling out shy guys.

there are guys out there with just as many rules about dating girls, if not more. i know guys that would never date a girl that are taller then them, or weigh more then them, or only date blondes or only date certain ethnic groups. Amber just wants guys that are taller then her, and wants them to approach her. Why? cuz she's a woman, thats why, and she wants to feel like one goddammit. she doesn't want to be the one in the relationship that has to reach for the pickle jar on the top shelf and then open it.

i on the other hand, am not picky at all. not in the slightest. no uggos, though.

Absolutely. And I think those men are missing out as well. I had "rules" or preferences when I was young and single too. Had I stuck with them I would have never ended up with my now husband of 8 years and the father of my 3 children. I wanted a "big" man to make me feel small and feminine.

Now I realize that my femininity is NOT in the least bit defined by societies standards of woman = smaller than men. I am a woman because I want to be one. I can be soft and pretty or hard and strong and I am still who I am. I'm a mother, a wife, a friend, a body builder, a rugby player, a mountain biker, a scientist, etc. I am not limited by societies definition of "woman".
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    "Men Suck"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Ha ha! Nothing like the man-hater vibe to really draw them in right? :laugh:

Man people twists things on the interweb. I am very confidant, I love who I am and that I am tall. I dont need a man or to marry to make me happy in life. And perhaps if men were actually chivalrous they wouldnt seem so terrible. I dont hate them, but I am not much impressed with the mass majority of them.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    "Men Suck"

Men do this thing with their tongue...
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

there are guys out there with just as many rules about dating girls, if not more. i know guys that would never date a girl that are taller then them, or weigh more then them, or only date blondes or only date certain ethnic groups. Amber just wants guys that are taller then her, and wants them to approach her. Why? cuz she's a woman, thats why, and she wants to feel like one goddammit. she doesn't want to be the one in the relationship that has to reach for the pickle jar on the top shelf and then open it.

i on the other hand, am not picky at all. not in the slightest. no uggos, though.

Absolutely. And I think those men are missing out as well. I had "rules" or preferences when I was young and single too. Had I stuck with them I would have never ended up with my now husband of 8 years and the father of my 3 children. I wanted a "big" man to make me feel small and feminine.

Now I realize that my femininity is NOT in the least bit defined by societies standards of woman = smaller than men. I am a woman because I want to be one. I can be soft and pretty or hard and strong and I am still who I am. I'm a mother, a wife, a friend, a body builder, a rugby player, a mountain biker, a scientist, etc. I am not limited by societies definition of "woman".
    I disagree. Women have all of the power when it comes to dating. Men have learned to adapt
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    "Men Suck"

Men do this thing with their tongue...

This thread just got even more awesome!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    "Men Suck"

:laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Have I told you lately that I really, truly love you??