Why aren't more guys ballsy?

Options

Replies

• Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Women have all of the power when it comes to dating. Men have learned to adapt

I agree with this statement
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Maybe it comes from past experiences of it not really working...lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And I think those men are missing out as well. I had "rules" or preferences when I was young and single too. Had I stuck with them I would have never ended up with my now husband of 8 years and the father of my 3 children. I wanted a "big" man to make me feel small and feminine.

Now I realize that my femininity is NOT in the least bit defined by societies standards of woman = smaller than men. I am a woman because I want to be one. I can be soft and pretty or hard and strong and I am still who I am. I'm a mother, a wife, a friend, a body builder, a rugby player, a mountain biker, a scientist, etc. I am not limited by societies definition of "woman".
    I disagree. Women have all of the power when it comes to dating. Men have learned to adapt

I'm really not sure why you are disagree with me. I never said "men have power". Dating isn't about power.
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    Why don't you ask?

yes
    just ask
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Have I told you lately that I really, truly love you??

Love you too babe.

Also. I still have a really hard time opening pickle jars and it pisses me off.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

I'm really not sure why you are disagree with me. I never said "men have power". Dating isn't about power.
    Sorry, I meant disagree with the reply before yours. Both sides are playing games. Men and women are both guilty. This is one of many reasons that men are turned off to dating.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    :huh: So basically I can't have a type... because I don't date guys shorter than me, that's a problem...? And because I have standards it's my problem I'm single.

You learn something new every day.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    :huh: So basically I can't have a type... because I don't date guys shorter than me, that's a problem...? And because I have standards it's my problem I'm single.

Not necessarily you're problem but because you do have a type and standards you should realize that it will be harder to find someone that lives up to those. So you can either lose the standards and talk to guys and date or keep the standards so the guys you date will be what you want and not complain that you're not dating
  • Rae6503
    Options

Why would your relationship status be anyone's problem but your own?

You can have "standards". Don't date criminals, abusers, alcoholics, etc. You can even appearance/behavior "preferences". All we are saying is that you are limiting your options by having such strict "rules". Good men come in all shapes and sizes. Finding partners we are compatible with is really really hard. Most people only find one in their entire life. If you are only considering 25% of men, your chances of finding a "match" are even lower than most.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Why would your relationship status be anyone's problem but your own?

You can have "standards". Don't date criminals, abusers, alcoholics, etc. You can even appearance/behavior "preferences". All we are saying is that you are limiting your options by having such stick "rules". Good men come in all shapes and sizes. Finding partners we are compatible with is really really hard. Most people only find one in their entire life. If you are only considering 25% of men, your chances of finding a "match" are even lower than most.

Perfectly stated.

I am 5'10" and biracial. Some men found that difficult to categorize, but most didn't care. When I was looking, I made sure that I was approachable and did not fault men for not approaching me. They will show their interest if you seem interesting. Now, I'm happily married to my husband who is 5'10" and all it took was a little eye contact and a short skirt.. No, but seriously, it's nice to be approached by men, but there's nothing wrong with going after what you want. If your approach isn't working, it's time to step your game up!
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'd rather admire your sexy body and think about it when I'm at home with a roll of paper towels on one side of me and hand lotion on the other. I cry excessively while cutting onions because I don't have a woman to do it for me and have chronically dry hands. I enjoy having 100% of my **** and no child support or tampons clogging my toilet.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    and a short skirt..

Pictures would be nice. Just sayin'
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty broad and assumptive statement to make. Is it possible that not every guy in the room is attracted to you?

You said you wont date guys shorter than you. Well, maybe guys don't want to date someone tall.

BTW, I'm 5'9 which isn't much shorter than your 5'10 and I've never run into this problem. I think the real issue lies elsewhere.....
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    <---Because when you ask Amber out that leads to sex (eventually hopefully) and when that leads to sex you need a divorce lawyer and when you need a divorce lawyer you spend alot of money. Dont spend alot of money...switch to DirectTv...

For the record, this may only be funny to me but I love those commercials!!

Finally someone who thought the exact same thing as I did :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Tall women are beautiful, it sux cuz I can't find someone tall. I'm 6'3" 240 lb. power lifter so you don't intimidate me...Just sayin.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    And I mean that as in personality.

I'm single. Super tall girl so I intimidate the crap out of men, apparently. But if see an attractive girl that you want to take out, why not just ask? Stop being so damn shy! lol

That's my "rant"...

You don't intimidate me - tall girls rock, especially in heels. I'll never figure out why so many guys don't like tall girls... how tangled up can you even get with someone who's really short? (I'm 6')
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am not scared on the internet or in person..... I will ask and if she says nooooo....oh well
  • Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    because I'm married and my wife wouldnt appreciate me doing that.. otherwise......

I'm in the same boat.....

Ha Ha, see gentlemen, that's where you went wrong...need to find a woman who is into polygyny...all problems solved!! =)
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well because in the time before I was married, I was just plain sick and tired of being rejected, there is only so much a guy is going to take before he seeks out alternate methods. I met my wife through mutual friends, it was a lot less "stuff" to deal with. Just my 2 cents.