Why aren't more guys ballsy?

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think alot of women these days are very rude when approached by a man they're not interested in, obviously this is a big put off for guys, why bother when they'll get blasted.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Because they can distract themselves from their lonely life with video games

oooooouch.....true...but.....oooooooooouch!!!!!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I have some guy friends and it seems like we are always being 'ballsy'; we play football, baseball, basketball, pinball, dodgeball, and have even been known to hit golf balls.

How much more 'ballsy' do we need to be?

However, if your question was 'Why aren't guys more assertive" maybe the answer is because not enough women are feminine.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I have some guy friends and it seems like we are always being 'ballsy'; we play football, baseball, basketball, pinball, dodgeball, and have even been known to hit golf balls.

How much more 'ballsy' do we need to be?

However, if your question was 'Why aren't guys more assertive" maybe the answer is because not enough women are feminine.

oooohhh snap!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I think alot of women these days are very rude when approached by a man they're not interested in, obviously this is a big put off for guys, why bother when they'll get blasted.

Agreed, its like punching yourself in the nuts to offset the pain your *kitten*. just can't win. :)
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    Just got back from running errands where I had an epiphany. If you simply dismiss your minimum height requirement, you'll have a bonanza... just follow me. With just a smile and hair flip, outside of Home Depot there was a cluster of about 12 guys who would flock to you.

They're old fashioned in many ways, aren't afraid of work (considered 'real' men by some standards) and are definitely ballsy considering some of the stuff I've hired them to fearlessly do that I wouldn't even consider attempting. Hell, a couple of them have an excellent physique.

Think about it. :wink:
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Yep, my wife doesn't let me ask women out either....

Yeah mine either. So I tend to work up the courage to ask my wife out instead. Shockingly she says yes most times. O_o
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Because most women are ****ty?
    Not all guys are smart, funny, or successful.
    I am all three but I have my wonderful wife who loved me at 350lbs and a 30k a year job.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just got back from running errands where I had an epiphany. If you simply dismiss your minimum height requirement, you'll have a bonanza... just follow me. With just a smile and hair flip, outside of Home Depot there was a cluster of about 12 guys who would flock to you.

They're old fashioned in many ways, aren't afraid of work (considered 'real' men by some standards) and are definitely ballsy considering some of the stuff I've hired them to fearlessly do that I wouldn't even consider attempting. Hell, a couple of them have an excellent physique.

Think about it. :wink:

FTW
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's too bad some girls have to be rude about turning guys down. When a guy asks me out, I consider it quite an honor! And if I'm not interested, I let him know that it was still very sweet.
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    It's too bad some girls have to be rude about turning guys down. When a guy asks me out, I consider it quite an honor! And if I'm not interested, I let him know that it was still very sweet.

^^^ Classy lady here. It takes very little effort to kindly send someone on their way... considerably less than it took the guy to muster up the courage to approach you. It is much appreciated.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    Who cares, we all know boys have cooties! :sick:

Exactly what I tell my daughter. :happy:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to be shy. I stopped caring about rejection a long time ago, easiest ice breaker at the bar is "Hey, how are you doing tonight?" or "how's it going?", not to be confused with the douchey "how you doin' ". Just try it on some random girl and when she stops to talk to you just take it from there. If she doesn't who cares, there is another girl behind her who didn't see you get shut down ;)
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask?

Because I'm a tad old fashioned

So what you are saying is you don't put out on the first date? Since you are old fashioned ?

I sure don't

I wish more girls were like you have values
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    Why don't you ask?

Because I'm a tad old fashioned

So what you are saying is you don't put out on the first date? Since you are old fashioned ?

I sure don't

I wish more girls were like you have values

I call BULL ****!

:laugh:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    So you're saying you want to see my balls?
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    [Redacted]
  • jasond8023
    jasond8023 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I certainly appreciate it more when a woman I approach can be polite when shooting me down. It certainly takes some thought on my part to actually go and approach a woman. Not everyone is going to be interested, but my thought is that there is nothing to be gained by being rude about it.
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options

Exactly this!

The bad thing I see is when a girl wants a guy to be more ballsy, when he actually gives it a go he's seen as an arrogant pig or a "player", but then when they want a shy guy they're too "boring" or come across as uninterested because maybe he's too shy. At least that's what my friends act like. Personally I think, give a guy a shot, it can either go one way or the other and you can (depending on the situation) make a lot more friends that way, even with a friendly rejection. :)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Perhaps he doesn't see the signs? I never see signs, so I don't ask.