guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahah! Wikipedia is considered a serious research source these days?

Funny, I don't see anyone suggesting that we ban automobiles just because some idiots drink and drive and kill people or intentionally use their vehicle as a weapon to kill people.

C'mon, folks. There are a lot of legal and sane people out there that DON'T and WON'T go nuts and kill someone with a gun. A small percentage of people actually end up doing something heinous like that, so why should all of us pay the price?

That same thinking could be applied to fast food. Just because some people can't be responsible and go completely overboard doesn't mean NO ONE should have access to it.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me why guns are being compared to baseball bats, knives, large capacity trucks?

You DO realise that the sole purpose of guns is to kill or seriously wound, right?

But whatever, I'm just happy I live in a country where my kids can go to school without some kid stealing his Father's legal gun and shooting everyone. Or go to the cinema without some guy getting his legally obtained guns and shooting into the crowd.

American gun culture is madness to me. Never understood it, and never will.

R.I.P to those who died.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    gunyardsignsplash.jpg

Well that person is just lovely. What a great human.

That sign is awesome!!

No it's not.

Nope. It's not. Sad that people's frenzy over guns will lead them to put their neighbour in danger. Charming people.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me why guns are being compared to baseball bats, knives, large capacity trucks?

You DO realise that the sole purpose of guns is to kill or seriously wound, right?

But whatever, I'm just happy I live in a country where my kids can go to school without some kid stealing his Father's legal gun and shooting everyone. Or go to the cinema without some guy getting his legally obtained guns and shooting into the crowd.

R.I.P to those who died.

they don't, i said it a few times because it is that stupid and simplistic of an idea
  • elmarko123
    elmarko123 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hahahahahah! Wikipedia is considered a serious research source these days?
    The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is a serious source.

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime/cts-data-collection.html

Go nuts.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    stats can:

c-g-4-eng.gif

So people still kill people without guns?

As you can see, they do. Unfortunately.

But still a lot less than with guns. And, although our rate of homocide without guns is higher (obviously), it's still less than America's.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    The answer is always guns. More guns.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    However the question should read:

but, in one word, post whether you are "anti-constitution" or "pro-constitution" or "neither"
    I disagree with that attitude. I support your right to own a gun. As a matter of fact, as a veteran, I defended your right to own a gun. That said, I am anti-gun.

Not wanting to own a gun doesn't make you anti-gun. You not wanting anyone else to own a gun makes you anti-gun, IMO.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    stats can:

c-g-4-eng.gif

Counting the seconds before someone says "Yeah but America has more people"...
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

R.I.P to those who died.

they don't, i said it a few times because it is that stupid and simplistic of an idea

Apparently, you've never heard of target shooting, trap shooting, or skeet shooting,,,
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    IMG_2200.jpg
  • foxyforce
    Options
    stats can:

c-g-4-eng.gif

i lol'd so loud at this
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    stats can:

c-g-4-eng.gif

Well having more people does increase the statistical likelihood of having a crazy person go on a shooting rampage.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    pro-gun
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

R.I.P to those who died.

Apparently, you've never heard of target shooting, trap shooting, or skeet shooting,,,

Hell its even in the Olympics! All those shooters in the Olympics are just gun toting nuts anyways.
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    Pro gun
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    gunyardsignsplash.jpg

Well that person is just lovely. What a great human.

That sign is awesome!!

No it's not.
    yeah it is! I bet it made the neighbor think twice. if i had a sign like this I bet the guy that broke in to my house would have not done it and in turn would have never been shot
  • foxyforce
    Options
    stats can:

c-g-4-eng.gif

Well having more people does increase the statistical likelihood of having a crazy person go on a shooting rampage.

it is factored in, it is per 100,000 people. we aren't laughing to be mean. we are laughing because the stats are correct and takes these things into account.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    stats can:

c-g-4-eng.gif

So people still kill people without guns?

As you can see, they do. Unfortunately.

But still a lot less than with guns. And, although our rate of homocide without guns is higher (obviously), it's still less than America's.
    This data is inaccurate without corresponding population comparisons as well...

Rank Country Population
    3 United States 313,232,032
    22 United Kingdom 62,698,360
    37 Canada 34,030,588
    55 Australia 21,766,712

Technically Canada's population is like 1/10th that of the United States....so their gun related death rate is higher, no?
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Neither. Either way you are pissing people off.