The Three Part Challenge!!!

Options
Hi everyone...today is the first day of my weight loss and I want you to come with me as we conquer our demons and say goodbye forever to the numbers on the scale that rule our days and lives.
I did look in to other posted challenges on this board, however, they seem to be already up and running and I want don't want to crash the party into week 4 and 5.

So.... here's what I propose....

Part one....Halloween!
Part two....Thanksgiving!
Part Three...Christmas- the ultimate goal:flowerforyou:

Are you in????? YES!!! Let's GO!

So what do you think should be the required criteria?
First.. post your current weight and your weight loss goals for each each part of the challenge.
I'd like Friday to be the weigh in day. Post your weight for that day and WINS for the week- e.g. water consumption, excersise days/minutes, not eating 2 hrs prior to bed, took the stairs instead of the elevator, keeping the super annoying pedometer strapped to your pants and you actually walked 15,000 in a day:happy: . Anything and everything that says you made a really good choice. Once we get going we can elect each other to post challenges for the week to keep in spicy.

Ok.... here we go!
SW-189
CW-189
Goal weight- Halloween.... 182 Need to lose 7pounds
Goal Weight- Thanksgiving...175
Goal Weigh- Christmas... 170
My wins this week- Started a Challenge today. Not much elase to be proud of but watch out for next week.

I can't wait to meet you all and get this challenge going full speed ahead.
Warmly
Shredder:wink:

Replies

• lynettecan
    Options
    Ok .. I am in with this challenge ..

I have been doing this for 3 weeks but have had some set backs.

Current 239
    Halloween - 234
    Thanksgiving - 227
    Christmas -220

I think I might be a bit ambitious.

Wins for the week - I made it to my bootcamp every day this week.
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi and super excited you're here.
    That's 19 lbs by Christmas....totally doable.
    We'll be toasting each other by Christmas.

NO SURRENDER!
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    count me in as well!! my thanksgiving is this weekend though so i don't have a goal for that lol!

current: 230
    goals - halloween: 225 (lose 5)
    christmas: 210 (lose 20)

my wins - i've done workout vids every day this week, and i've been outside and active for more then 30 mins 4 evenings this week
  • purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first day of the challenge.

I will do the 3 part challenge however here in Belize we don't have Thanksgiving but I will use the November date as goal date.

Good luck to everyone.
    CW is 242
    Goal weightloss for christmas is 15lbs
    So an honest weigh in every Friday sounds great! I am looking forward to changing my lifestyle and my body!
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    You know I'm in!

CW (as of 10/1-I'm too scared to get on the scale today lol)- 159
    Halloween: 151
    Thanksgiving: 145
    Christmas: 140

WIN...I went to the gym for an hour this morning to do strenght training...and I'm in a lot of pain. AND I'm gunna go back tonight to do some cardio!!
  • shredder
    Options
    Hi guys and a huge welcome....
    let's not worry if your holidays come early (or not at all)
    The point is to have a goal date in mind and work towards that goal, right?
    I really need to work on my Wins for next week.
    Anyone like to throw a challenge out there for the group to work on???
    Good luck to all and a toast to US!
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    Ive got a challenge for us:
    Fitness: Going to the gym one time when you realllly dont want to! whether it's because youre tired or feeling a little lazy...get your butt there!!
    Nutrition: no pop/soda...diet or regular
  • nomorexcuses
    nomorexcuses Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in. I am starting the Slim in 6 challenge for the first time on Monday, so this will be a perfect place to keep myself accountable.

CW - 185

GW (Halloween) - 180
    GW (Thanksgiving) - 175
    GW (40th birthday) - 175
    GW (Christmas) - 170

WINS for next week - plan is to stick with SI6 challenge for 6 days!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

My name is Heather and I'm interested in joining your challenge. I need to get myself back on track with my food intake and kick it up a notch on the exercising front.

Last week, my mom, sister, and I started our family Biggest Loser challenge and I think this challenge is the perfect way to motivate myself to lose the weight to win the competition.

SW 206
    10/31 goal: 200
    11/26 goal: 190
    12/25 goal: 185

I realize my goals might be a bit optimistic, but realistic.

Nomoreexcuses: Good luck with the Slim in 6. I tried it, but got so bored and frustrated because it did nothing but make the numbers on the scale go UP! I definitely recommend doing the stretching video after EVERY workout to keep from getting sore; I can't stress this enough with all of the squats and lunges in the videos.

Happy exercising,
    Heather
  • shredder
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!
    Allie... I like that challenge and will think of it this week as I am sure to encounter that day when I NEED to get to the gym and the little devil on my shoulder will be telling me to 'take a load off". :mad:
    Heather and nomoreexcuses...welcome to our group and good luck.
    We can do this!
  • shredder
    Options
    I thought we should do a little "bonding" as a group and get to know little about each other... here it goes.
    Originally from Ireland, I moved here when I was 17 and have never looked back.
    I'm a 42 year old Mom of 2 awesome girls and the cutest Cavalier King Charles on the planet. I am priviliged to be able to stay at home and take care of my family due to my hot husband killing himself at work to make this a reality. Prior to my fulltime gig as a Mom I worked (slaved) 17 years in retail and quitting was the most euphoric feeling in the world. I do want to get back into the workforce on a pt basis and am researching the Pet Sitting biz as a future career. Ok...this is beginning to read like a resume...here's some fun facts

Fav color:flowerforyou: -Pink
    Sign:flowerforyou: - Capricorn
    Top 3 movies:flowerforyou: - Dances with Wolves, Shawshank Redemption and The Gladiator
    Top 3 novels:flowerforyou: - Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice and Lady Chatterley's Lover (I'm a total romantic):love:
    Lucky number:flowerforyou: - 3
    Animal- My cavalier
    Country- Ireland
    Songs:flowerforyou: - it's weird, but I love epic soundtracks to epic movies like Last of the Mohicans.
    Things that bug the crap out of me:explode: - People on cell phones up in your face, people who slurp and chew with their mouths open, uneducated and ignorant opinions, rudeness, tardiness, people who say "I'm bored", people with NO clue of politics or wordly events and negativity! :noway:
    Things that stimulate me:drinker: - A frinkin great book, a beautiful bottle of Pinot Noir, the beach, feeling skinny when I get a tan, watching my girls dance, watching my husband when he doesn't think I'm looking at him, getting ready to go out with my girlfriends, a new lipstick, clean sheets on my bed, a rainy day a blanket and hot chocolate, putting up Christmas decorations and lastly a kick butt workout and a super sweat.

I'm so glad we have each other to help us make it through this challenge.
    Let's really stay the course and nail each phase to the floor.
    Warmly
    Shredder:smooched:
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    Ok i'll share about myself as well. I'm a 22 year old mom of 2, I have a 2.5 year old son and a 16 month old daughter. I found out i was prego the day after my 19th bday (surprise, lol) we've been talking about trying for baby #3 around xmas. Im fortunate enough to be able to stay home with the kids and plan on doing so until their in school all day. I love animals and my dream job would be something to do with helping animals, such as at a shelter or animal hospital.

I look forward to this challenge and keeping each other motivated!!
  • shredder
    Options
    Tara- thanks for that. It's nice to know a little about the person behind the name.:flowerforyou:
    Alright gals... you ready for this week????
    I dunno, I always kick off my week on Monday vs. Sunday, I guess I'm still in the weekend mode on that day.
    I plan on killer workouts each day, drinking all my water and logging my food. I just know I'm eating way more than my 1,200 cal daily allowance.:grumble:
    I blew yesterday so bad and pretty much drank champagne all day with 4 girlfriends so I am so on a sabbatical from booze.:drinker:
    One of my girlfriends has lost a ton of weight, 40 lbs to be exact and now weighs 34lbs LESS than me. Shes at 155, I'm at 189 :explode:
    Are you kidding!!!! 2 years ago the roles and weights were reversed and I was the skinny one. She worked her butt off and basically shed it all in 2 months, not the healthiest but hey, she got the desired results.
    I'm taking a page from her bopok and cutting carbs (except for fruit and veggies) OUT!
    Motto this week... Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper!
    What are you guys up to for the week?
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good afternoon,

In response to the "getting to know you" posts, here goes.

My name is Heather and I'm 27 years old. I work a desk job, which means I have too much time to sit still AND eat at the same time. I have two cats and a horse and spend most of my free time (what's that??) volunteering for a therapeutic horseback riding program for people with disabilities, where I'm currently going through the process of becoming a certified instructor. I also volunteer with Special Olympics in bowling, basketball and equestrian. The rest of the "free" time is spent reading or spending time with my family or my boyfriend.

This year, I decided I was going to put real effort into eating healthier and exercising. I'm improving on the eating, but need to kick myself into gear. Since January, I've only lost 12 lbs. and get frustrated when I see people lose that in one week on Biggest Loser! But, I know I'm healthier, more physically fit and stronger than I was 10 months ago. My family and boyfriend have recently decided to take the journey with me, so it will help having the support, especially at meal times!

I wish all of you the best of luck! Hopefully we'll all become stronger and thinner together!

Happy exercising,
    Heather
  • shredder
    Options
    Heather, after reading about you, it just put a big grin on my face to know there are truely good and kind people in the world who do amazing work with very special people. I wanted to thank you and to cheer you on in our goals.
    It'll be tough but hey, so are we right?
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    i weighed in this morning, and there's been no change since last week. i did have a couple cheat days though so i guess thats why lol!

this week i plan on getting in 5 exercise vids, and going out and being active for at least 30 mins 3 or 4 evenings this week. im also going to work on getting all my water in. i'd like to drop at least 2lbs this week!
  • shredder
    Options
    Tara... sounds like a great plan.
    You can totally drop 2 this week....I know you can :smile:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning!

Tara, you can do it!!

I'm planning on watching Biggest Loser tonight for motivation and then either working out with one of my Jillian Michaels DVDs or jogging on the treadmill. Tomorrow, I walk with the kids and horses at my volunteer work. For Thursday and Friday, I'm planning on either DVD workouts or walking (outside if it's nice enough and on the treadmill if it's not).

I'm also thinking I should ride my horse this weekend, since the vet finally cleared her for riding, which we haven't been able to do since July. Next weekend, she'll be moved to a boarding stable, where I'll have an indoor arena to ride all winter...yipee!!

I also really need to work on staying within my calories the rest of the week because I was naughty last night. If only I hadn't had my snack of pretzels and hummus after dinner....argh.

Good luck and happy exercising!
    Heather
  • lynettecan
    Options
    Hello All

Here is my response to the getting to know you..

Well I live in Prince George Canada...

I am 33 almost 34, and I have been heavy my entire life. Single, no kids.
    I love reading, but I haven't been doing much of it lately. I also take belly dance lessons .. and love it .. I signed up to an exercise class from 6:10 to 7:10 in the morning 4 days a week.

I have a job which I love ... but as a result it is high stress and long hours sitting in front of a computer. I started to exercise again to help with the stress .. and decided .. while I am at it .. why not count calories .. so that I can see what is going on.

I will totally admit that I am the lying to myself, and days that I don't fill in the food part of my journal is cause I know I was over eating .. but it was sooo good. Goal: to have only 1 of those days a month .. where I eat what I want, but I have to record what I eat .. and NOT FEEL GUILTY.

I don't have many friends where I am, and I am missing my friends alot.. so I have short term goals here .. and longer term ones .. of vacations .. and planes .. without the feeling of being squeezed by the airline seats!!

Goals for this week .. still do 3 - 35 minute exercise - Cause the class is not running this week.

Nice meeting all you lovely people

L
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone!

After eating a delicious steak and baked potato while eating Biggest Loser last night, I hopped an the treadmill and did 40 minutes of intervals. It felt great to jog again and I was asking myself why I don't do it more often! The treadmill told me I burned 308 calories, but my HRM told me it was 570 calories! Amazing how inaccurate the machines are when you can't enter your personalized information!

The end result? I actually burned more calories than I ate yesterday! It's the best I've done on calories in a while and hopefully I'll stay motivated to keep it that way!

Tonight is the last night of my volunteer work until April, other than meetings :cry: So, I'll get some walking in tonight and then can really focus on exercising hard each night. Time to focus on me!

Happy exercising,
    Heather