Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• TN42
    TN42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Set some new PRs over my last couple workouts.

Military Press - 165 x 1
    Bench Press - 265 x 1

And I got 450x3 on standing calf raises, which was kind of fun.
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Couple More:

Weighted Dead Hang Pull Ups: 4x5 with Military Issue Body Armor + 5 lb (~25 lbs total)
    Weighted Ring Dips : 4x5 with Military Issue Body Armor +10lb (~35 lbs total)
    Power Clean: 170 1RM
    Power Snatch: 125 1RM
    Front Squat: 165 1RM
    Sumo DL High Pull: 135 x 2
    Clean and Jerk: 150 1RM

Doing 1RM on Power Snatch and Power Clean tomorrow, so we will see if that has improved.... I hit 2 at 150 three times last week, so I think so for the PC's...
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Alright guys I'm pretty excited. Squated 185 today. It was only once and after my 5*5 @ 145 but still I did it. My new trainer looked at me & said wanna try. Well....*kitten* yeah. I was soooo nervous but really wanted bragging rights. Oh yeah. I dominated that b*tch today. Hehehe

Squats 145 5*5, 185 * 1
    Leg press 240 5*5
    Bench 65 8*1, 85 5*4, 95 3*1
    Barbell rows 65 5*5
    Negative dips 5*5 (finally off the dip machine)

Just went to bench from DB chest press. Trying to find my weight. Good day overall.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Ok so I am more than a little excited about this! :smokin: :laugh: :bigsmile:

PT and I spent too long racking my leg press to get my row 1RM in this session!!

I got 1RM of the wide grip lat pulldown of 57kg (125pound) which is on par with my bench! YAY!

The absolute killer which totally blew me away was my leg press on the 45 degree sled. Maxed out at 318kg (701pounds) which was 265kg of plates and a 53kg sled. WOAH! I am totally over the moon with that result!

The highest I did with multiple reps today was 253kg x 4 (557pound)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

PT and I spent too long racking my leg press to get my row 1RM in this session!!

I got 1RM of the wide grip lat pulldown of 57kg (125pound) which is on par with my bench! YAY!

The absolute killer which totally blew me away was my leg press on the 45 degree sled. Maxed out at 318kg (701pounds) which was 265kg of plates and a 53kg sled. WOAH! I am totally over the moon with that result!

HOLY SH!TBALLZ! Yeah Girl!!!!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options

WOAH
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    How do you find out how much the sled weighs on the leg press? I never counted that because I wouldn't even begin to know LOL.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    How do you find out how much the sled weighs on the leg press? I never counted that because I wouldn't even begin to know LOL.

Some of them have a sticker near the top or on the slide of the sled that tell you. They all vary too. It would make too much sense for a gym to buy all of the same brand model...
  • Lynxie83
    Options
    Yep just as Nick says there was a sticker on the sled. PT said they all seem to be slightly off weights too, not even like 50kg or 55kg, but 53kg...

Thanks guys :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm very happy with that result.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted 215 this morning -- that's 1.7 of me! :bigsmile:
  • JNick77
    Options
    Yep just as Nick says there was a sticker on the sled. PT said they all seem to be slightly off weights too, not even like 50kg or 55kg, but 53kg...

Yes, they are all very different weights. I want to say the Hammer Strength one we have in the gym is 120lbs. I haven't used it in about a year so I don't remember exactly, just remember it being a weird weight.
  • JNick77
    Options

Woah, nice!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I wonder what I can really do then. I can do about 410lbs in plates.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Hmm. I wonder what I can really do then. I can do about 410lbs in plates.

Yeah you're probably anywhere from 50lbs to 100lbs better than that. :)
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Yes, they are all very different weights. I want to say the Hammer Strength one we have in the gym is 120lbs. I haven't used it in about a year so I don't remember exactly, just remember it being a weird weight.

HS at my gym is 108lbs for the sled alone.... I never include that weight tho. Just my personal preference
  • Lynxie83
    Options
    Yeah PT mentioned that people usually quote only the plate weight, but it sounds super impressive when you chuck another 53kg on that weight :bigsmile:

108 pound for the sled is around 49kg, so that's pretty weighty too!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Awesomesauce!!

The 1.7x body weight is super impressive - go you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Yeah PT mentioned that people usually quote only the plate weight, but it sounds super impressive when you chuck another 53kg on that weight :bigsmile:

108 pound for the sled is around 49kg, so that's pretty weighty too!

I really need to check mine next time. I had always assumed it was 45lb (and I thought it was actually lower than that as it is not vertical but just used 45lb for progress comparison). Maybe I am actually lifting more than I think......but then again, maybe its less!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

HOLY SH!TBALLZ! Yeah Girl!!!!

Holy Sh!tballz is right!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    New PR's I set last week:
    Squat--305x2 +5lb
    Bench--215x3 +15lb
    Deadlift--350x1 +25lb
    BB Row--200x2 +20lb
    Overhead Press--130x2 +5lb
    Rack Pulls--400x1 +25lb

Think I had a pretty good week! :laugh:

Really nice progression there - especially getting PRs on all your lifts.