Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am more than a little excited about this! :smokin: :laugh: :bigsmile:

PT and I spent too long racking my leg press to get my row 1RM in this session!!

I got 1RM of the wide grip lat pulldown of 57kg (125pound) which is on par with my bench! YAY!

The absolute killer which totally blew me away was my leg press on the 45 degree sled. Maxed out at 318kg (701pounds) which was 265kg of plates and a 53kg sled. WOAH! I am totally over the moon with that result!

The highest I did with multiple reps today was 253kg x 4 (557pound)

HOLY SH!TBALLZ! Yeah Girl!!!!

Holy Sh!tballz is right!!

Right. I feel like my legs would snap under that LOL. That is amazing.
  • Nick_nukem
    Nick_nukem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, im from South Africa and i have been doing strenght and conditioning for about 8 moths now, but been training for about 4 years. I weigh 191lbs. nothing major but here are some of my PR's.

Back squat 330lbs - 4 reps
    front squat 242lbs - 3 reps
    overhead squat 132lbs - 10 reps
    dead lift 352lbs - 6 reps
    bench press 242lbs - 4 reps
    0verhead press 187lbs - 4 reps

Hoping to get my back squats to 352lbs by december.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I can finally do shoulder lift thingies with 15 pound weights. Before, I did either 5 or 10. Those are really hard for me for some reason!

And, I can lift 20 more pounds of the hip abduction/adduction machine than I could when I started. My slut muscle is getting really strong!

I also did 20 reps on the Roman chair (just found out what that thing was called) with a 35 pound weight. 4 sets of that *kitten* (is this considered lifting? I'm not sure. I think it makes my back stronger, though)

Finally, my record of 12 reps on the leg raise machine. Previous best was 3.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I can finally do shoulder lift thingies with 15 pound weights. Before, I did either 5 or 10. Those are really hard for me for some reason!

And, I can lift 20 more pounds of the hip abduction/adduction machine than I could when I started. My slut muscle is getting really strong!

I also did 20 reps on the Roman chair (just found out what that thing was called) with a 35 pound weight. 4 sets of that *kitten* (is this considered lifting? I'm not sure. I think it makes my back stronger, though)

Shoulder stuff is really hard for me too- In my previous weightlifting days I used to avoid it because it was so hard, so obviously it never got better! (I would put it at the end of my to-do list and then always run out of time!) Awesome that you're progressing on it- it will get better and better as long as you keep with it, I promise!

Great job on everything else, too!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Hi guys, im from South Africa and i have been doing strenght and conditioning for about 8 moths now, but been training for about 4 years. I weigh 191lbs. nothing major but here are some of my PR's.

Back squat 330lbs - 4 reps
    front squat 242lbs - 3 reps
    overhead squat 132lbs - 10 reps
    dead lift 352lbs - 6 reps
    bench press 242lbs - 4 reps
    0verhead press 187lbs - 4 reps

Hoping to get my back squats to 352lbs by december.

Welcome to the jungle! :flowerforyou:
    Nice work!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Shoulder stuff is really hard for me too- In my previous weightlifting days I used to avoid it because it was so hard, so obviously it never got better! (I would put it at the end of my to-do list and then always run out of time!) Awesome that you're progressing on it- it will get better and better as long as you keep with it, I promise!

Totally agree with the shoulder comment. Shoulder have smaller muscles so its harder in general. Great going on the progress through.

Do you do squats? I ask because you may get more benefit overall from doing those than using the abductor/adductor machine (although the guys at the gym will not thank me for the suggestions I am sure!).
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Totally agree with the shoulder comment. Shoulder have smaller muscles so its harder in general. Great going on the progress through.

Do you do squats? I ask because you may get more benefit overall from doing those than using the abductor/adductor machine (although the guys at the gym will not thank me for the suggestions I am sure!).

True story. I had an ankle injury that prevented me from doing squats for like 5 minutes a couple weeks back, so I got on the sex machines, and was able to max out both the adduction and abduction machines, with squats as my only training.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I believe they're called the yes/no machine :laugh:
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Shoulders are the bane of my existance at the moment. A fall 18 months ago caused some pretty bad muscle issues along the right shoulder. PT and I have since managed to fix, but they still try to bunch up when doing shoulder work!

Fantastic amounts though! 15 pound is great! Keep at it! :bigsmile:
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options

True story. I had an ankle injury that prevented me from doing squats for like 5 minutes a couple weeks back, so I got on the sex machines, and was able to max out both the adduction and abduction machines, with squats as my only training.

Can me and billy watch .... I like watching the sex machines in use!!! hahaha
  • MoreBean13
    Options

LOLOLOL
    My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard....
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

LOLOLOL
    My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard....

:love: On my way Bean! :love:
    ^^^ I believe they're called the yes/no machine

That's a good name too. I had always heard, "good girl / bad girl" machine. :devil:

I'm a little jazzed, tomorrow I'm going to make my attempt at 405lbs on the DL. I feel ready for it and I had a good speed work session on Monday, so we'll see. I'm gonna hit 405lb and then go to Cali for a couple days and relax. :)
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I'm a little jazzed, tomorrow I'm going to make my attempt at 405lbs on the DL. I feel ready for it and I had a good speed work session on Monday, so we'll see. I'm gonna hit 405lb and then go to Cali for a couple days and relax. :)
    Does Nevada kick you out when you break 400? :laugh:
  • JNick77
    Options
    Shoulders are the bane of my existance at the moment. A fall 18 months ago caused some pretty bad muscle issues along the right shoulder. PT and I have since managed to fix, but they still try to bunch up when doing shoulder work!

One thing that helped me tremendously was band pull-aparts. In this video Joe shows the traditional and a little more advanced version. The traditional version he recommended previous to do at least 25, he has athletes such as QB's and Pitchers do 100 day. I have shoulder problems too and these have helped me a ton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKBsia-o9N4&feature=player_detailpage
  • JNick77
    Options

Does Nevada kick you out when you break 400? :laugh:

Ha, nah they only kick you out if you vote Republican.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options

One thing that helped me tremendously was band pull-aparts. In this video Joe shows the traditional and a little more advanced version. The traditional version he recommended previous to do at least 25, he has athletes such as QB's and Pitchers do 100 day. I have shoulder problems too and these have helped me a ton.

Thanks Nick I'll check them out!

Edit: We actually did the basic ones before the 1RM bench session, but haven't done them much before. I'll have to invest in some resistance bands I think!
  • JNick77
    Options

Thanks Nick I'll check them out!

Edit: We actually did the basic ones before the 1RM bench session, but haven't done them much before. I'll have to invest in some resistance bands I think!

Yeah, I do some as part of my warm-up then do a couple sets when I'm done. I do them everyday though too.
  • FlyRobynFly
    Options
    Wow, strong women here, want to get there too! I suspect I have poor form on squat and deadlift.....need advice. I also find going in to free weight room at YMCA a bit intimidating, with regulars there, but I just do it anyway. Also, I don't have anyone to spot me when I bench....but I am getting stronger!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is not a PR, but I thought I'd share anyway. I was doing snatches last night and they felt amazing. I got up to 35kg when my PB is only 43kg and this was with me only doing a power-snatch because of the pregnancy.

So I guess the brag is that, if I were allowed to max out my full squat-snatch I am certain I would smash my old PB:) so its a hypothetical...
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Wow, strong women here, want to get there too! I suspect I have poor form on squat and deadlift.....need advice. I also find going in to free weight room at YMCA a bit intimidating, with regulars there, but I just do it anyway. Also, I don't have anyone to spot me when I bench....but I am getting stronger!

I recommend the book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe- it's the bible of good form.

As far as being intimidated- headphones on, head held high, pretend it doesn't bother you. They'll all be intimidated of you soon! Watch them- the guys will pick up bigger weights when a girl's around watching. :happy: