Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I was not going to enter anything due to my upper versus lower numbers but what the heck.
    Never was a gym lifter, almost always from home
    In my twenties got in a bench of 315lb
    and two years ago hit 305lb and was proud of myself.
    Not concentrating on bench or upper body too much these days but today I actually went to a gym.
    Bench 255lb
    Standing barbell shoulder press 155lb
    Leg press 320 (deep). 360 seemed like I was going cause a hernia so i did not get it back up.
    Squat below parallel 135
    Just tried dead lifts for the first time ever. Started with 135 and threw on another 50 for 185. Did 5 reps which was enough for a first timer.
    Welcome to the party, brother! Congrats on your success so far, and we're looking forward to hearing about your progress!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just stared new rules this week. Second time trying deadlifts with a barbell (was using 20lb dumbells before i got the bar) and i was so ecstatic when i liften my own bodyweight. 145Lbs!! Only 2 reps but damn i impressed myslef haha.

That is great, especially considering what you were lifting before....heck, its impressive irregardless of what you were lifting before! Bodyweight = official badassery!!

Edited cause I can't type!!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Novice lifting comp today
    185kg squat (previous PB 170kg)
    205kg deadlift (previous PB 200kg) This was easy.

I got 220 to the knees but that was it. It will come :) BW 83kg.

This was from 3 weeks of Smolov base cycle at 170kg. It's effective!

Chris, You are the *kitten*!
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    1.My personal best for squat is 190lbs
    2. 110lbs 3 reps of 8 for my deadlift, that was this morning :drinker:

My deadlift is super awesome to me because I could barley do it with 2- 5lbs hand weights when I started. I had zero muscle tone back there.

I am about a month into NROLFW, I :heart: the program :bigsmile:
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    1.My personal best for squat is 190lbs
    2. 110lbs 3 reps of 8 for my deadlift, that was this morning :drinker:

My deadlift is super awesome to me because I could barley do it with 2- 5lbs hand weights when I started. I had zero muscle tone back there.

I am about a month into NROLFW, I :heart: the program :bigsmile:

YEAH GIRL! That is some inspiring progress! Keep it up!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Just stared new rules this week. Second time trying deadlifts with a barbell (was using 20lb dumbells before i got the bar) and i was so ecstatic when i liften my own bodyweight. 145Lbs!! Only 2 reps but damn i impressed myslef haha.

It's definitely an awesome feeling.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I totally bombed out on my 405 attempt today. I got the 1st attempt about 4-inches off the ground and couldn't get it. I tried a 2nd attempt thinking that I got the cobwebs cleared out of my head now I'd get it and it didn't budge. I didn't think I'd have such a big swing in tension from 385 to 405, guess I better just hit 395 first next time. LOL! Then I tried to do some squat rep work and that sucked too, just not a good day at the gym. Oh well, leaving for California tomorrow morning, I'll get a short deload period at least.

Sumo? Generally if you can break the ground you "should" be able to lockout if technique is ok. Possibly more upper back work required.

Also, since people keep asking me what anti shrugs are for chinup help I thought I'd just make a quick vid :)

. http://tinyurl.com/cspbrx2

Thanks for the link. I tried these yesterday & had such a hard time. Not sure if its because I did them at the end or not, but my grip kept failing & it really hurt my shoulder. Had no problem with my negative chins but these were killer. Any suggestions. Maybe I'm doing them wrong.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Ok so I did the last of my 1RM sessions today.

I did assistend wide grip pull ups and seated row. FYI - CW: 105kg (231 pound - Eeek that's a horrible number unless I'm lifting it!) and I'm 171cm (5'7")

Pull ups I was able to get the assisted weight down to 56.6kg (124 pound) so I was lifting approx 48-50kg.

I also managed a 1RM for the seated row of 53.6kg (118 pound)

PT was quite happy with the upper body results all being around the same amount. :smokin: Just need to keep working on these now and next time I do a 1RM session I should see even better results!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Some vids from the comp.

185kg squat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzIqV_QFd7c&feature=youtu.be

205kg deadlift
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doAGzDtN-NY&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=3&feature=plcp

220kg deadlift fail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Pcbb-gtr0&feature=autoplay&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&playnext=2

83kg bodyweight.

x2.2 to get it in lbs :tongue:

So much fun! I'd highly recommend people go in one for fun. The support and atmosphere is incredible.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    :noway: Wow!

How did you go overall? Did you place? Who won? That's a lot of weight! :bigsmile: It made me tired just watching! :tongue:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My trainer is going on holiday for 6wks and Saturday was our last session.

I've been up late for the past week working as Stage Manager on my son's school production, I've been really tired and eating poorly.

I dropped a 70kg warm-up deadlift. Just couldn't get my left hand to hold it. I tried again and got 5 reps in before I dropped it again.

It was the worst session I've ever had. I was SO mad at myself, I nearly cried in the car on the way home... hows that for girly. LOL
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Nah, not possible for me to place because I can't bench. 50kg LOL. I did get an award for outstanding effort for a cripple though :laugh: 5lbs of choc honeycomb protein. (cheesecake to come this week :smile:)
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Nah, not possible for me to place because I can't bench. 50kg LOL. I did get an award for outstanding effort for a cripple though :laugh: 5lbs of choc honeycomb protein. (cheesecake to come this week :smile:)

Finally, someone I can bench more than. :laugh:

(Sorry to hear you have a broken wing).
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Ummmmm I'm almost positive you have me beat. Small children and some puppies can bench more than me.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Some vids from the comp.

185kg squat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzIqV_QFd7c&feature=youtu.be

205kg deadlift
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doAGzDtN-NY&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=3&feature=plcp

220kg deadlift fail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Pcbb-gtr0&feature=autoplay&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&playnext=2

83kg bodyweight.

x2.2 to get it in lbs :tongue:

So much fun! I'd highly recommend people go in one for fun. The support and atmosphere is incredible.

Hell yeah, Chris! That's bad-*kitten* for 83kg's in bodyweight.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Ummmmm I'm almost positive you have me beat. Small children and some puppies can bench more than me.

I bet the puppies are on juice though. :wink:
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

I bet the puppies are on juice though. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Hit 335x4.5 today on squats (I say 4.5 because my last rep wasn't solid...it was a rep, but I didn't drop far enough). Followed it with 275x5, and 275x7 just because. I think I need to up my deload weights next week until I can barely scrape out 5 and 6 reps respectively.

Not too bad for 180lbs I think. Slowly creeping up on 2x bodyweight :).
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Hit 335x4.5 today on squats (I say 4.5 because my last rep wasn't solid...it was a rep, but I didn't drop far enough). Followed it with 275x5, and 275x7 just because. I think I need to up my deload weights next week until I can barely scrape out 5 and 6 reps respectively.

YEAH YEAH YEAH CRIS!!!!!

WOAH. Got the rollover post! Whoomp there it is!
  • chrisdavey
    Options

That's awesome man! I get calculated 1rm of 380lbs. Great stuff!

Edit: YEW! First :laugh: