Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    PR'd Deadlifts and bench today.

DL- 180 5x5
    Bench- wait for it....................85lbs 5x5

I have trouble with my bench and was stuck at 80 for.ever. so I deloaded and backed up to 70 about two weeks ago, and I'm finally progressing again. So I'm happy with it. :bigsmile:
    I'm also pretty psyched about the Deadlifts! :bigsmile:

WOOT! This is awesome! So happy for you!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just has to be a PR? Well then, for those of you feeling bad about the AMAZING weight you are lifting just because it is less than someone else's, here is my two PRs for the week:

1. I made it to the gym every day so far this week (count 'em folks, that's 3!) and actually worked a weight lifting program, and
    2. When I went to the gym yesterday with sore triceps and chest muscles I thought for SURE I couldn't do that day's arm workout (biceps & back) but was pleasantly surprised that my workout was isolated enough that I had no problems and rocked my sets. <--- I know this is common sense/basic science, but I have never physically experienced it and it was mind blowing!

In summary, I'm starting to lift weights for the first time in my 35 year life and I feel like I am learning. So there! Those are my little PRs that I am IMMENSELY proud of! :happy:

You should be proud of yourself - well done for doing it, many would not.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Had a very happy deadlift PR

I was able to deadlift 405# with out......wait for it..... mixed grip!

yep 405 with a standard grip, raw, no straps, oh yeah! dat forearm pump!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Started lifting July 5, 2011. Deadlift was 65 pounds.

On June 10, 2012 - Deadlift was 175 pounds.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I hit a new PR on my deadlift yesterday. 235lbs :bigsmile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You are da bomb!! From what I recall, that is way way way over your body weight.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Started lifting July 5, 2011. Deadlift was 65 pounds.

On June 10, 2012 - Deadlift was 175 pounds.

Wow girl - nice progression indeed.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

You are da bomb!! From what I recall, that is way way way over your body weight.

yeah its 100lbs over. My goal is 2x my body weight by the end of the year
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

yeah its 100lbs over. My goal is 2x my body weight by the end of the year

That is absoutely fantastic and a great goal to have (albeit HUGE). Good luck, but with your progression, I am sure you can do it.

Edite: my first comment was just "Holy cr*p!" but I decided to be a bit more eloquent.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Had a very happy deadlift PR

I was able to deadlift 405# with out......wait for it..... mixed grip!

yep 405 with a standard grip, raw, no straps, oh yeah! dat forearm pump!

Nice!!

Nice job too Victoria.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Posted in the wrong thread...

I think the volume of the Westside method is just a little much for me now, so when in doubt I go back to 5/3/1. Cranked out 10 reps @ 315 on the DL today. I might have gotten one or two more but I may have thrown up too. I needed to get a 1RM estimate on my RDL too and did 275 for a set of 5.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    So far this week I got PRs on all of my main lifts:

95 x 8 on bench
    140 x 10 on squats (finally added some baby plates to the big ones!)
    70 x 5 on press (I have not been doing these very long so my form is a little shaky)

No PR scheduled for my last lift of the week which is deadlifts (last one was 200lb x 3)

I am looking forward to 100lb on bench next week - had to fix my form a bit on these a few weeks ago as I was stalled out. Happy with the progression since though.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    So far this week I got PRs on all of my main lifts:

95 x 8 on bench
    140 x 10 on squats (finally added some baby plates to the big ones!)
    70 x 5 on press (I have not been doing these very long so my form is a little shaky)

No PR scheduled for my last lift of the week which is deadlifts (last one was 200lb x 3)

I am looking forward to 100lb on bench next week - had to fix my form a bit on these a few weeks ago as I was stalled out. Happy with the progression since though.

Oh, so I post two this week and you just HAVE to post 3. I see how it is. :tongue: Anyway....

Yeah Yeah Girl! You are awesome!!!!!
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I think the volume of the Westside method is just a little much for me now, so when in doubt I go back to 5/3/1.

Cranked out 10 reps @ 315 on the DL today. I might have gotten one or two more but I may have thrown up too. I needed to get a 1RM estimate on my RDL too and did 275 for a set of 5.

Formatted your post so others can more easily find the awesomeness hidden in a paragraph that I thought was going to be commentary on westside.

Way to go Brother!!! In it to win it!

P.S. I love watching guys deadlift. I was drooling to myself the other day in the gym while creeping from the elliptical.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I think the volume of the Westside method is just a little much for me now, so when in doubt I go back to 5/3/1.

Cranked out 10 reps @ 315 on the DL today. I might have gotten one or two more but I may have thrown up too. I needed to get a 1RM estimate on my RDL too and did 275 for a set of 5.

Formatted your post so others can more easily find the awesomeness hidden in a paragraph that I thought was going to be commentary on westside.

P.S. I love watching guys deadlift. I was drooling to myself the other day in the gym while creeping from the elliptical.

Thanks Bean for highlighting the awesome!
  • JNick77
    Options

LOL, thanks for the luv Bean! :) A woman creeper??? I didn't realize such a thing exists. :wink:
  • MoreBean13
    Options

LOL, thanks for the luv Bean! :) A woman creeper??? I didn't realize such a thing exists. :wink:
    You must be new here.
  • JNick77
    Options

You must be new here.

In life I seem to attract more Cougars than Creepers.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You must be new here.

In life I seem to attract more Cougars than Creepers.

How YOU doin'
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    PR'd Deadlifts and bench today.

DL- 180 5x5
    Bench- wait for it....................85lbs 5x5

I have trouble with my bench and was stuck at 80 for.ever. so I deloaded and backed up to 70 about two weeks ago, and I'm finally progressing again. So I'm happy with it. :bigsmile:
    I'm also pretty psyched about the Deadlifts! :bigsmile:

Way to go Bean!!!

PS Nice new Pic!! :)