Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    So far this week I got PRs on all of my main lifts:

95 x 8 on bench
    140 x 10 on squats (finally added some baby plates to the big ones!)
    70 x 5 on press (I have not been doing these very long so my form is a little shaky)

No PR scheduled for my last lift of the week which is deadlifts (last one was 200lb x 3)

I am looking forward to 100lb on bench next week - had to fix my form a bit on these a few weeks ago as I was stalled out. Happy with the progression since though.

Sara is Aweeeeeeeeeeeesome!!!
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Climbed a flattened fire hose 18' without using my feet in my last mud run. No walls, nothing to put your feet against - just a flat dangling fire hose. Wasn't sure that I could make it to the top, so I was super stoked when I did. Even more so when I finished the obstacle and saw men using the ladder instead of the hose! ;)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Climbed a flattened fire hose 18' without using my feet in my last mud run. No walls, nothing to put your feet against - just a flat dangling fire hose. Wasn't sure that I could make it to the top, so I was super stoked when I did. Even more so when I finished the obstacle and saw men using the ladder instead of the hose! ;)

:love: :love: :love: :love:
  • ChrisGoldn
    Options

:love: :love: :love: :love:

i second that
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

champion effort! It's a skill that not many people get to practice for sure. We used to have a 4.5m high rope at my mma gym. My record was 3 times up in 1 minute with just hands. Tip: don't do this with sweaty hands (I had just finished heavy bag work) slid down and took a lot of skin off. STUNG!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I thought this was fitting

551143_375006659239948_1167277249_n.jpg
  • JNick77
    Options
    I thought this was fitting

That is awesome for a few reasons! :)
  • JNick77
    Options
    Hey my fellow PR breakers, I saw this in a weekly newsletter today and it has to do with shoulder health. I've done a variation of this by Joe DeFranco for a while now but this looks very good as well and thought I'd share.

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/band-pull-apart-super-series-for-healthy-shoulders-needs-formatted/?utm_source=Store+Orders&utm_campaign=3d7561fadb-newsletter_3_30_123_29_2012&utm_medium=email
  • ChrisGoldn
    Options
    Yea i saw that... there was another similiar to that one as well.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Yea i saw that... there was another similiar to that one as well.

I honestly think that doing these helped save my right shoulder. Early in the year I was convinced that I'd be having shoulder surgery this year to fix something; I was just always in so much pain. Some guys don't agree but I've added a later/frontal deltoid superset to lat least one upper body day each week and that has additionally helped my shoulder health. Not to mention isolating the shoulders a little helps make your upper arms look great in a tank-top or sleeveless shirt.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Ukranian deadlift 64kg KB x 53 times in one set. DEAD.

This is what they look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8smycpgdM18
  • JNick77
    Options

This is what they look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8smycpgdM18

That's some good ****. I'm hoping my new gym as the boxes and bar for it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

RAWWWRRRR. Great Job Chris!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    come at me 2 day DOMS :tongue:

Thanks peeps :)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    You're a machine Chris!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    Adding one from today....

Incline bench press.. .not on my agenda today but I woke up full of power - not sure how else to put it - just felt tough.

Got to the gym... ditched my run for strength training.

Got a lot of upper body stuff done then looked at the press and decided to add it in for the day.

Started at 550 lbs x 10 reps... 640 x 10... 730 x 10. Was going to stop there but I do have a PR of 1000 lbs with only 3 reps. The guy that usually spots me hasn't been around so I've only done it twice. Well I went for it... and I kicked out FIVE great, deep reps at 1000lbs. Felt awesome and this is going to set the precedence for some great things to come this week. I can feel it.
  • JNick77
    Options

Incline bench press.. .not on my agenda today but I woke up full of power - not sure how else to put it - just felt tough.

Got a lot of upper body stuff done then looked at the press and decided to add it in for the day.

Started at 550 lbs x 10 reps... 640 x 10... 730 x 10. Was going to stop there but I do have a PR of 1000 lbs with only 3 reps. The guy that usually spots me hasn't been around so I've only done it twice. Well I went for it... and I kicked out FIVE great, deep reps at 1000lbs. Felt awesome and this is going to set the precedence for some great things to come this week. I can feel it.

That sounds awesome! Hopefully you're talking about the leg press and not incline bench press. If you are then I hope youre competing professionally. :-)
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options

That sounds awesome! Hopefully you're talking about the leg press and not incline bench press. If you are then I hope youre competing professionally. :-)

LOL -- sorry... incline LEG press... Thank you. I had a good day today. :smile:
  • Danflex
    Danflex Posts: 14
    Options
    Your leg strength is amazing Daisy.
    I got in 2 sets of 10 reps and a 3rd set at 8 reps with 270lbs (incline leg press) then wobbled off the machine. Its better then last week though.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Mostly did some good work on Saturday, I knocked out some 1000lb calf presses. Nothing else really noteworthy since then although I did have my friend take a picture of me doing a back extension with 135lbs of plates. My sets on those are improving, I was able to knock off 7 reps at 115lbs (after 12x45, 12x70, and 10x90).