Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    70 pushups in 1 min
    8 minute wall squat
    12 handstand pressups
    0 one handded pressups....just can't seem to get the technique!

70? Is that full range of motion too?
  • victoria4321
    Options
    New PRs for me lately.

135lb hang clean and 270lb deadlift a week back (5lbs more that last time)

I'm also getting pretty good at my hand stand push ups. Today I was able to do 25 (5 sets of 5)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    New PRs for me lately.

135lb hang clean and 270lb deadlift a week back (5lbs more that last time)

I'm also getting pretty good at my hand stand push ups. Today I was able to do 25 (5 sets of 5)

Wow! Great job on that Deadlift!!

I got a PB for SOHP 40kg x 5 then 45kg x 2.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFGvdN9-KuE&feature=youtu.be

525 lbs ... so nice, I had to do it twice.

*ducks from the incoming head smacks for the bad joke*

Honestly - I was just going for a 1 rep PR, but it felt nice and smooth (and I had one of the best spotters in the gym), so I went for another rep.
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Nice work! RAWR!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Bumped up the legs workout a bit today across the board.

I'm still 12-repping all of my leg press sets even with the fourth set at 690lbs and still 12-repping alternating single leg press with final set at 260/leg, so those will be up next time around.

Couldn't quiiiite 12-rep the 215lb leg curls/extensions quite yet but will get there!
  • 01foxy
    01foxy Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes chest to floor military style. Its tough but i worked my way up to doing it then just went for it! I do a lot of pressups in all my training. I couldn't believe it either when the person counting them for me told me how many I had done! Dead chuffed to say the least!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Yes chest to floor military style. Its tough but i worked my way up to doing it then just went for it! I do a lot of pressups in all my training. I couldn't believe it either when the person counting them for me told me how many I had done! Dead chuffed to say the least!

I saw your one profile pic too and I don't typically find too many bodyweight exercises impressive but handstand press-ups are very impressive to me and I've never been able to do one. Aside from strength, is there a certain amount of technique just to get into position? Granted I haven't tried one in about two years but the last time I did I landed on the back of my neck. LOL. Huge Kudos on the handstand press-ups!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    I got two new PB's this week.

Squats - 100kg (220lbs) x 3

and

Bench 55kgs x 5 x 2.

I'm also impressed by the handstand press-ups, because I can't even do a handstand! LOL.

Push-ups I can do pretty well though! LOL.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

and

Bench 55kgs x 5 x 2.

I'm also impressed by the handstand press-ups, because I can't even do a handstand! LOL.

Sweet! I see many men that can't squat that with good form. :)
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

and

Bench 55kgs x 5 x 2.

Sweet! I see many men that can't squat that with good form. :)

Thanks!

When my trainer was away, I had a stand-in trainer for a bit. When he asked what my squat PB was I said 85kg.... the look on his face basically said "yeah, whatever".... and then he started talking about form and depth, and I got the hint that he thought if I was squatting 85kgs, then I wasn't doing it right.

So he made me do like 20 squats with just the bar, and then 20 more with 40kg on, and then finally he started putting more weight on the bar, but it was almost like I had to prove it to him. Granted I don't LOOK like someone who goes to the gym.. LOL.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Was still riding off of the good vibes from Monday's PR squat, and got two new PRs today!

250 lb bench and 525 lb deadlift! Made the magic number of 1300 - I said I'd consider competing if I got to 1300 - I guess I need to start looking for a singlet :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So its been a while since I gave an update here. My biggest PR was on my deadlift for reps. I had done a 1RM at 250lb a while ago and last week did 220lb x 5. I probably could have gone for one or two more but my form was pretty fugly by the 5th rep I decided against it.

Other compounds:
    Squats are up to 185 lb x 1 (I deloaded and am playing around with form at the moment)
    Bench is 115lb x 3
    OHP is 85 x 1 (slow going on this one).
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    I'm SO jealous of your Deads!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Went up to four plates per side on my iso-lateral high rows today - drew some stares and lowered my rep count to 8.. always enjoy finding a new niche!

Also finally hit 12 reps on all four sets of my plated hyperextensions (45, 70, 90, and 115lbs).

Last night knocked out both of my strength sets on bench at 200lbs eight reps.. just barely couldn't lock out my 12th rep on 70lb dumbbell bench (fourth set of DB bench, 8th set of bench overall), and nearly pushed 12 reps on the chest fly station at 175lbs. I remember not too many months back only doing like 90-105 there >_>

I'm on some kind of hellfire streak since early October!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Well, I am jealous of your squat!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

Well, I am jealous of your squat!

Well, I am jealous of your stomach.
  • victoria4321
    Options
    So its been a while since I gave an update here. My biggest PR was on my deadlift for reps. I had done a 1RM at 250lb a while ago and last week did 220lb x 5. I probably could have gone for one or two more but my form was pretty fugly by the 5th rep I decided against it.

Other compounds:
    Squats are up to 185 lb x 1 (I deloaded and am playing around with form at the moment)
    Bench is 115lb x 3

Nice job on the bench! That's my toughest lift still
  • victoria4321
    Options
    New pr on my cleans today. I did a clean at 140lbs today. more than my body weight :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

And not a strength training but still a good one I made a new best time on my 800m run at 3min 9 seconds. Not really super fast but pretty fast for me
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Other compounds:
    Bench is 115lb x 3

Nice job on the bench! That's my toughest lift still

Thank you. That one seems pretty slow to me - I stalled out a few months ago for a while but it has been progressing, albeit a bit slowly, since I changed my routine.