Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I upped my deadlift to 175 :) I weight 125-130 so only 20 more pounds until my 1.5x my body weight goal. Though, this was 3 sets 6 reps so I'm pretty sure I could one time max at my goal but I want to steadily lift it :)

That's great! How do you train?

I am following New Rules of Lifting for Women. I upped 10 more pounds for one set (1 of 3) so now I'm at 185!! I think I could get my 1 rep max at 1.5BW but I'm hoping to do my 3 sets of 6...

So new PR for now: 185!!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Pretty much new records across the board for me on the leg stations at the gym today.. all of these were the fourth set at each station unless otherwise noted:

Leg Press: 640lbs for 10 reps
    V Squat: 435lbs for 10 reps
    Iso-lateral Leg Press: 240lbs per leg for 12 reps per leg
    Calf Press (using leg press station): sets at 800/850/900/950 pounds, all 20 reps
    Leg Extension: 205lbs for 10 reps
    Leg Curls: 205lbs for 10 reps

Kind of went primal tonight. Normally I could see setting my new best on one or two things but in every single station in one night is bizarre. Then again, I have my first date in basically three years this weekend, so I guess I'm kind of pumped!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Pretty much new records across the board for me on the leg stations at the gym today.. all of these were the fourth set at each station unless otherwise noted:

Leg Press: 640lbs for 10 reps
    V Squat: 435lbs for 10 reps
    Iso-lateral Leg Press: 240lbs per leg for 12 reps per leg
    Calf Press (using leg press station): sets at 800/850/900/950 pounds, all 20 reps
    Leg Extension: 205lbs for 10 reps
    Leg Curls: 205lbs for 10 reps

Kind of went primal tonight. Normally I could see setting my new best on one or two things but in every single station in one night is bizarre. Then again, I have my first date in basically three years this weekend, so I guess I'm kind of pumped!

Awesome! And congrats on the date! You'll be all nice and swole too! She will SWOON! :love:
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    managed 420 X 1 at deadlift last night. I couldn't be happier. That puts me at about 2.4X bodyweight. I'm shooting for 2.5X bodyweight by the end of the year. Only a couple months left!!!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Options
    Awesome! And congrats on the date! You'll be all nice and swole too! She will SWOON! :love:

Thanks, already got my chest/shoulders/tris in today, but I think shortly before my pre-date shower I will do some extra push ups and triceps work, get that extra pump :-)

Only one PR today, highest weight done on bench without a spotter (195x5, could have made 6 reps but didn't want to chance it and maybe even 7-8 not lifting on a fast).
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Options
    Well, that date ended up going pretty well - appears to be leading to future dates with said female!

That being said, a few new PRs for me today:

Leg press - got my 640lbs up to 12 reps, so I'm upping all sets by 30lbs next time
    Iso-lateral leg press - bumped up to 160/205/250 pound per leg sets, knocked out 12 reps with all - will be bumping an additional 10/leg next time
    Calf press - 20-repped at 800, 890, and 980lbs, and 16-repped 1030lbs.

Oh yeah, after legs night I also did Pec Deck solo in the hardest order - managed to DESTROY my arms/shoulders but I knocked it out in 22 minutes.

(Pec Deck: draw cards from a deck, do that many push ups. Black = standard push ups, red = military; face cards are worth 10, Aces are 15; I started with 2s and worked up)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Well, that date ended up going pretty well - appears to be leading to future dates with said female!

That being said, a few new PRs for me today:

Leg press - got my 640lbs up to 12 reps, so I'm upping all sets by 30lbs next time
    Iso-lateral leg press - bumped up to 160/205/250 pound per leg sets, knocked out 12 reps with all - will be bumping an additional 10/leg next time
    Calf press - 20-repped at 800, 890, and 980lbs, and 16-repped 1030lbs.

Oh yeah, after legs night I also did Pec Deck solo in the hardest order - managed to DESTROY my arms/shoulders but I knocked it out in 22 minutes.

(Pec Deck: draw cards from a deck, do that many push ups. Black = standard push ups, red = military; face cards are worth 10, Aces are 15; I started with 2s and worked up)

Looks good but I guess I don't understand how you can press more with your calves than your quads and hamstrings (leg press). Maybe I've just never seen a calf press machine. Do you squat or deadlift?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    not a max weight PR but most number of squats by same number of kgs for me.

65kg (143lbs) x 65reps. Took a bit over 4mins I think.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Options
    Looks good but I guess I don't understand how you can press more with your calves than your quads and hamstrings (leg press). Maybe I've just never seen a calf press machine. Do you squat or deadlift?

On that calf press, I'm actually using the leg press machine.

I rarely get to deadlift or squat currently, unfortunately, but I plan to once my schedule opens back up more. My dad had a heart attack and then probably one of the most complicated triple bypass recoveries ever, and I'm still on daily hospital visit duty. That plus all the meat heads that take up the squat/deadlift area kill my chances.

I have gotten to deadlift a few times, best I was able to single rep was 275lbs and I was able to five-rep 245lbs.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Options
    Went to my buddy's gym tonight and got to hit up some real deadlifts and real squats at last!

Kept my deadlifts relatively light.. five rep sets with 135, 185, and 225 pounds, then I decided I wanted to try to max 315.. and GOT IT!

I've done V-Squat, leg press, and similar for a while but I hadn't barbell squatted in about 12 years.. knocked that out tonight. Started with 135lbs (easy 12 repper), jumped to 185 (still easy 12 repper), jumped to 225 (not as easy but still 12 reps), and finally ended up doing 275lbs (still managed to get 8 reps).

Can't voice any displeasure tonight!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    After a week off for business travel it felt great to be back in the gym. Stupid hotel didn't even have the typical crappy little gym, NOTHING! Ugh...

Anywho... I'm doing week6 of Madcow and so now I'm 2 weeks past my initial 5 rep maxes. I hit 315 on the Back Squat for an easy 5, my bench is finally coming back and did an easy 225, but my barbell row at 185 which was mildly difficult; I can see me plateauing on my row soon. I didn't have a good baseline for my barbell row and I guess I wasn't conservative enough on my initial input. My left tricep and elbow are feeling really good (had tennis elbow) and the benching felt great. I even did 4 sets of weighted dips with 45lbs for 8 reps a set. Good first day back in the gym.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Squat 130
    Bench 105
    Leg press 305
    Deadlift 160
    Clean and press 85
    And Ive been doing 60 lunges (sets of 20) with an 80 lb cambered bar
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was a speedskater in my 20's.

I was 170 pounds and maxxed out at:
    Squat: 5 reps at 520 pounds
    Leg Press: 5 reps at 1150 pounds
    Leg press: 75 reps at 400 pounds

My legs were enormous back then and it was impossible to find pants that fit a 32" waist with 27" thighs.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Options
    My legs were enormous back then and it was impossible to find pants that fit a 32" waist with 27" thighs.

I can only imagine, I have enough difficulty with 3-4" less on the thighs! Short of custom pants, it's either jump up to 33/34 with a minimum of relaxed fit and wear a belt, or use size 32, no belt, and absolutely no way to use the pockets.

I did up the ante a bit tonight myself on my bench.. got EIGHT reps at 200lbs! Then six on my second set, and could have maybe eked out a seventh. This is coming along far better than I could have ever hoped for. Later this month I will try a 1RM of 235 and then continue cycling reps and weights in hopes of making it to a 255+ 1RM.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Squat PB tonight: 95kg/210lbs x 4.

My Squat is now heavier than my Dead. Gotta keep at my grip.

#Liftlikeagirl
  • chrisdavey
    Options

#Liftlikeagirl

Yes you should DEFINITELY have a go in a PL comp :smile:

oh and I did max weight of squats for 100 reps. 60kg(132lbs)x101

Also did my best time for front lever ss with 45kg SOHP ladder 10-1 & 1-10 for a total of 60reps each.
    9m40s (but the last 4 SOHP were push presses as my arms were GOOOOONE!)

same as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne7KHJMSIhg&feature=plcp
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

#Liftlikeagirl

But I'm too scared!
  • chrisdavey
    Options

#Liftlikeagirl

But I'm too scared!

Nothing to be scared about! It seriously is the most supportive lifting environment to be in. Not trying to be world champion just smash some PB's :D
  • 01foxy
    01foxy Posts: 28
    Options
    70 pushups in 1 min
    8 minute wall squat
    12 handstand pressups
    0 one handded pressups....just can't seem to get the technique!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Options
    Smashed my previous leg marks on basically everything that I do normally:

Leg Press: bumped my sets from 370/460/550/640 to 400/490/580/670.. still stuck 12 reps on every one
    Iso-lateral leg press: bumped my sets from 160/205/250 per leg to 165/210/255 per leg, still stuck 12 reps per leg on every set
    Leg curls and extensions: kept at my 130/130/190/205 and hit 12 reps for all sets

Looks like the next workout is going to be brutal since all of these are going up by another 10lbs or more, lol.