Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    400 for two singles of low bar back squat today. Finally broke above a 1000 lb total for squat, bench, dead.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuffs!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm not strong at all but now adays I certainly looking like it! :-) Thanks 30ds and RI30!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Today was an interesting day...

Got a new rep PR on Deadlifts, got 290lbx11 (was aiming for 5+, new PR by 5 reps from last month)
    Power Clean and Jerked 195lb (new PR by 10 pounds)
    Standing Overhead Shoulder Pressed my bodyweight (currently 145lb) for 3 reps, a new rep PR by 2 (from last month).

Got some opportunities to set more rep PRs and one-rep maxes later this week/month so this definitely won't be the end of it.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I did relatively quick drop sets today on legs. No new record weights on anything but I was fairly pleased with the overall workload and the quickness that I was able to blast through the workout.

I remember a few weeks ago my brother in law asked what I was leg pressing (at the time it was 670lbs set of 12), and remarked at how he hit 760 in his prime. I haven't yet mentioned to him that I completed a 12 rep set at 780 this last Friday, lol.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Bench press 105 for 3 reps! 12lb less than mh body weight.

I've hit a lotof pr's lately.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Two PR's yesterday. 100kg/220lb squats x 6 reps x 2 sets. I'm feeling it today though, the DOMS have got me!!

OHP (military style), 40kg/88lbsx 6 x 2.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Two PR's yesterday. 100kg/220lb squats x 6 reps x 2 sets. I'm feeling it today though, the DOMS have got me!!

OHP (military style), 40kg/88lbsx 6 x 2.
    Wow nice lifts congrats on the PRs!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I recently managed to two-rep 50lb dumbbells on standing bicep curls (no body momentum), lol.. that was pretty much post-workout and messing around though. Nothing particularly noteworthy otherwise although I am getting back into somewhat of a groove with high intensity cardio.
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    315 5x5 Deadlift
    345 5x5 Squat
    Nothing to write home about, I am 290 but 44Yrs old

For all of this, I get back spasms today... Yay me!!!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Not this is overly exciting but I have fun doing it. I work up to a 5RM with my box jumps. Since the tallest box we have at my gym is 30" I have to load my jumps. Today I got up to 50lbs for a set of 5 box jumps. I'm hoping that in doing this I can start to stack other boxes on-top and gradually increase my vertical. Unfortunately the smallest box I can put on top of the other and make sure it's secure puts the jump close to 40" which I can't make even un-loaded. It was fun.
  • JNick77
    Options
    315 5x5 Deadlift
    345 5x5 Squat

That's cool! It's not often you see somebody with a bigger squat than deadlift. How come your back is freaking out on you?
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Got 545 on the squat last night, and hit a much cleaner 250 on bench as well.

Also finally broke 200 on the lat pulldowns - I'm gonna get that pullup on of these days!
  • JNick77
    Options

Also finally broke 200 on the lat pulldowns - I'm gonna get that pullup on of these days!

You're a beast.

Have you ever tried doing pull-ups with band support? Though you're a big guy, not sure that the heavy bands would hold you. LOL
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

You're a beast.

Have you ever tried doing pull-ups with band support? Though you're a big guy, not sure that the heavy bands would hold you. LOL

Pull-ups are on my wish-list.

I've been using two bands (one one each foot) and I swear, I felt like I was going to be slingshot into the ceiling! LOL.

I got 90kg x 4 on Deads on Wednesday. Which is my PB.

I felt really strong and thought I could go heavier, but I asked my trainer to take photos and we pissed about a bit and wreaked my grip.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You're a beast.

I've been using two bands (one one each foot) and I swear, I felt like I was going to be slingshot into the ceiling! LOL.

I felt really strong and thought I could go heavier, but I asked my trainer to take photos and we pissed about a bit and wreaked my grip.

IN CASE YOU MISSED DEEVA's DEADLIFTING:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/824518-fat-girl-dead-lifting
    :bigsmile:
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    315 5x5 Deadlift
    345 5x5 Squat

I am not sure why, it just spasmed when I tried move the bench. Go figure.
    I have never really tried a max on either, not since college anyway. I was much stronger and the knees were less cranky back then.
  • JNick77
    Options
    315 5x5 Deadlift
    345 5x5 Squat

I am not sure why, it just spasmed when I tried move the bench. Go figure.
    I have never really tried a max on either, not since college anyway. I was much stronger and the knees were less cranky back then.

I hear ya' about cranky body parts. I was playing basketball last night and my back, where I injured it, was killing me. I can Squat 3 times and week, Deadlift, OHP, etc, etc, and be fine. But the minute I pick-up a golf club or play basketball apparently my back gets crazy on me.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options

You're a beast.

We do have an assistance machine in the gym, so I can add up to 200 lbs of boost up (and I do use it). But the idea of trying to support 350 lbs on bands? That's scary as hell, and it'll be a cold day when I get under 300, especially the way I'm training. So it's the lat pulldowns and assistance machine until I'm pulling full bodyweight.
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

You're a beast.

IN CASE YOU MISSED DEEVA's DEADLIFTING:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/824518-fat-girl-dead-lifting
    :bigsmile:

Who are you? My pimp?