Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Just squatted 130kg (286lbs) x13 on my last set of smolov. Theoretical 1rm of 186kg (409lbs) and my actual 1rm is 170kg (375lbs) so it was DAMN hard!
    Whats smolov?

intermediate/advanced squat program developed by the Russians.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I may as well have a brag about my PRs as I won't be doing them again for a while (pregnant):

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

My goal is to have my maxs back by my baby's first birthday :)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I may as well have a brag about my PRs as I won't be doing them again for a while (pregnant):

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

Very strong! And congrats on the pregnancy. Do you know any other strength training ladies who have had kids and returned? Just wondering if you're 1 year goal is a "normal" amount of recovery time or what? (seriously clueless :laugh: )
  • Nataliaho
    Options

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

Very strong! And congrats on the pregnancy. Do you know any other strength training ladies who have had kids and returned? Just wondering if you're 1 year goal is a "normal" amount of recovery time or what? (seriously clueless :laugh: )

Yeah my trainer actually. Her daughter is one in September and based on her latest comp results, she has all her max's back except her deadlift and that is within 10kgs I think. It would seem for her anyway, that strength is has come back faster/easier than cardio fitness. So her CrossFit performance isn't where is was, but lifting is back :)
  • Nataliaho
    Options
    double post
  • chrisdavey
    Options

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

Yeah my trainer actually. Her daughter is one in September and based on her latest comp results, she has all her max's back except her deadlift and that is within 10kgs I think. It would seem for her anyway, that strength is has come back faster/easier than cardio fitness. So her CrossFit performance isn't where is was, but lifting is back :)

Wow, interesting stuff. Initially I was thinking that would be a pretty short time frame to get pack to peak performance.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

Wow, interesting stuff. Initially I was thinking that would be a pretty short time frame to get pack to peak performance.

I think its mostly because you can still do a lot of stuff in your first and second trimester. So its still a lot of time off but not enough to cause major setbacks.

One women at my cf box worked out while she was pregnant and came back probably a month after giving birth. She said it takes around 5 months for the body to stop making relaxin after birth though so its not until then can you really start going at it hard again.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Don't know why people add the word DEEP to squats, if you aren't going deep, you're not squating. :smile:
  • Nataliaho
    Options

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

Well I don't 100% understand all this, but I think the way the pregnant body produces HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) can have similar effects to HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and as such HCG is a banned substance for men. Obviously not for women given that its naturally occuring in pregnant women. In fact, a totally facsinating and distgusting thing I read somewhere was that back in the day in soviet/bulgarian weightlifting, it was a common tactic for female weightlifters to get pregs and have late term abortions to take advantage of the legal hormone production... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

Have I mentioned you are my hero?

Such an inspiration.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Well, back from my rest week I got a couple results I'm proud of-

135 5x5 Squats (Big Girl Plates!)
    Chin Ups: 34-lb assistance 5x5 (When I started lifting a few months ago, I started with 100-lbs assistance, so they have been one of my biggest improvements, even though the numbers may not be impressive standalone.)

Whoomp- there it is!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

DL - 127.5kg
    SQ - 97.5kg
    B - 60kg
    C&J - 65kg
    Sn - 43kg

:love:
    So many great accomplishments on here, congrats everyone!
    ^^^^^ This!!!
    Don't know why people add the word DEEP to squats, if you aren't going deep, you're not squating.
    ^^ and this, well at least parallel.
    putting push press soo 185 for 6 on push press

Nice, I don't see people talking about the Push Press too often around here. I noticed the football jersey, are you in high school by chance? You have great stats either way, just curious.
    135 5x5 Squats (Big Girl Plates!)
    Chin Ups: 34-lb assistance 5x5 (When I started lifting a few months ago, I started with 100-lbs assistance, so they have been one of my biggest improvements, even though the numbers may not be impressive standalone.

Wow, that's great. The progressive, +70lbs, in just a couple months is impressive regardless. Nice, own it!!! :)
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Been lifting weights for probably just over 2 months now and my proudest achievement is a 150kg deadlift, however my form wasn't spot on. Gave it another shot last week and completed 1RM and my form was spot on!

One of my friends that I lift with recorded both lifts and the difference in form is clear as day.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You ever see those guys that look like all they do is arm work and no leg work? Reverse that, and you'll get my numbers:

Bench 1 RM: 225 lbs
    Squat 1 RM: 525 lbs
    Deadlift: 1 RM: 455 lbs

Granted, I'm just over 350 lbs right now, so it's not so impressive - I'm just a big boy, not a dedicated lifter.
  • Nataliaho
    Options
    You ever see those guys that look like all they do is arm work and no leg work? Reverse that, and you'll get my numbers:

Granted, I'm just over 350 lbs right now, so it's not so impressive - I'm just a big boy, not a dedicated lifter.

Do you mean this guy ?
    friend-dont-let-friends-skip-leg-day.jpg
  • JNick77
    Options

Do you mean this guy ?

Wow, I bet if he did a heavy overhead press his legs would snap like pretzels.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Exactly! My arms are about average, but my legs look like I'm smuggling slabs of meat strapped to my calves.
  • bigdogmp
    bigdogmp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been working out for well lets just say i started when i was 15 to loss weight and now i am 42 i go to the gym 4-5 days a week some times more when i was in the army i weighted 230 i now weight 336 with a little belly i can't do heavy squats because of war wounds so i go lite and do leg lifts and leg curls but my shoulder press is 225-285 for 12 and my bench is max 305 for 12 all my other weights are good up there i would just like to lose like 30-40 lbs when i do arms i work with 135 curls barbell i am not a power lifter i just like to workout i am a sheriff and a mp in the military for 8 years with 2 tours under my belt and a lot of friends lost i will post again i like a site were everyone is working for the same goal good luck remember it's not the weight just don't cheat!
  • JNick77
    Options
    t i am a sheriff and a mp in the military for 8 years with 2 tours under my belt and a lot of friends lost

Much respect my friend, sorry about your losses.