Options

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I use

Weight X Reps X .033333 + Weight = Projected 1 RM

So if you hit 405x5 on a lift

405 x 5 x .033333 + 405 = 472.5 would be your estimated 1 RM for that lift.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    New PR last night! Finally doing 185lbs deadlifts. :glasses:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

nice!
  • mikem45
    mikem45 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have never done a 1 rep max but every winter i do strength training because im a Shot Putter so i dont train heavy during the summer so last winter i was at my strongest i've ever been hopefully ill be able to take it a bit further when this season ends.

Bench Press 6 x 160KG (352lbs) just rechecked my training log it was 4 reps with 2 forced reps

Squat 6 x 200KG (440lbs)

Deadlift 6 x 300KG (using wrist straps) (661lbs)

Shrugs 6 x 300KG (using wrist straps) (661lbs)
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I forgot - Monday was deadlifts day. My working set was 5@215. Every single rep felt like work and it was really awesome. I finished my workout with 5 sets of cleans (3 with the bar, one @55, one @65). This was my first attempt at doing cleans and they were a little awkward but still felt pretty badass (even with the light weight). Got my heart rate up to finish off my workout.

YouTube coach burgener for cleans. IMO he teaches it very well form wise
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Now if you came on here acting all bad-*kitten* because you have a 500lb raw squat, I would have more of an issue with that.

I *really* hope I didn't come across like that. I know perfectly well I'm not the top man on the totem pole, and that I'm no better than the next guy. Someone squatting 2x their bodyweight is much more impressive, and takes a lot more work than what I've put in so far.

No man, not at all; I was just making a general comment about somebody being dumb. After I typed that I actually thought to myself that there were a couple people on here close to or at 500lbs and hoped I didn't insult them because that's not where I was going with it. :)
  • JNick77
    Options

That's awesome!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I forgot - Monday was deadlifts day. My working set was 5@215. Every single rep felt like work and it was really awesome. I finished my workout with 5 sets of cleans (3 with the bar, one @55, one @65). This was my first attempt at doing cleans and they were a little awkward but still felt pretty badass (even with the light weight). Got my heart rate up to finish off my workout.

YouTube coach burgener for cleans. IMO he teaches it very well form wise

I watched his and a couple of others. Did lots of form practice before I actually did the sets.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    No man, not at all; I was just making a general comment about somebody being dumb. After I typed that I actually thought to myself that there were a couple people on here close to or at 500lbs and hoped I didn't insult them because that's not where I was going with it. :)

It's probably a bad idea to insult the guy who squats 500lbs.
  • JNick77
    Options

No doubt, get friggin' stepped on. LOL
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options

No doubt, get friggin' stepped on. LOL

No offense taken - I'm easy going. I just was worried since I was the "guy with the 500 lb raw squat".

Plus I don't wanna clean mushy bits off my size 14s :bigsmile:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Nice work!!

Yesterday was my first deadlift day since last Monday (skipped this Monday due to schedule issues). I was kind of nervous with the pulled muscle in my elbow/forearm (pronator teres it seems, from where the pain is) from last Monday's deadlifts...so my first working set was WEAK. I struggled to even get the same 4 reps at 315lbs that I got last week...but it wasn't a strength issue. No clear focus was the problem I think...as there was no pain...but I could feel the 'potential' for pain/injury lol. My first and second 10% deload sets (275lbs and 245lbs respectively) were smooth. I attempted bodyweight chin ups...but didn't complete even 1 before cancelling that due to the same issue...though with those, there was actual pain. Rows went smooth, though I did a 5x5 format rather than reverse pyramid...to keep the weight lower in consideration of my forearm.

I really hate injuries...so I want to say that even though I know we all preach form, and try to maintain the best form we can...never once can we let it slip (particularly not in the higher weights of course). If you have to, think about/visualize the entire lift over and over and over before actually lifting it. What I am certain I did was engaged my left biceps on a reverse grip deadlift. It didn't matter that I know not to do that...it was an instinctive thing that simply slipped through due to the fact that I didn't visualize the lift before beginning.

/lame
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Back and Deadlift Day...

Had a great workout. Deadlifts 135x10(warm-up) 225x8(warm-up) 315x6, 335x6, 355x5, 365x5 365x5.

Next week is cycling to Rack pulls probably gonna shoot for 425+

Also had a PR on Bent over Barbell Row 245x4
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to catch up to Nataliaho ;)

I did 80kg squats x 8 tonight.

I don't think my form was perfect for the last 2 but I'm working on it! Pushing out PB's every time I work with my trainer.

Wow, those are great numbers!! You'll have me before you know it!!

I really think working out with a trainer makes such a difference. They just have a much better guage on what is actually possible, when we might think that 50kg is our max just because it seems like heaps!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I've got 8mths worth of catch-up time. LOL.

I just looked at my training notebook and my trainer has only written 80kgs x 6 so obviously he thought my form on the last two wasn't worth writing down. LOL.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    ha, still 6 reps is pretty awesome!!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing overhead squats? I have so much trouble balancing with that. It has to be an arm or flexibility thing cause I have no issue with front and back squats.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing overhead squats? I have so much trouble balancing with that. It has to be an arm or flexibility thing cause I have no issue with front and back squats.

Nope, but since watching all the olympic weightlifting, I'm thinking about getting started on either the clean and jerk or the snatch.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Nope, but since watching all the olympic weightlifting, I'm thinking about getting started on either the clean and jerk or the snatch.

It definately has me more interested in olympic lifts too.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I have such a mental block or something with snatches. I think the most I ever did was 75lb power snatch at the gym, but today I could barely do 63 (I have a 15kg bar at home so the numbers are always odd). I was trying to do some overhead squats for reps so I have to snatch the bar to get it up. I just ended up doing my metcon with 53lbs since I know I can get that up easily.

Something about getting under the bar just scares me with the snatch i think. When I do the c&j its more controlled so it isn't so tough to get it up.

Another funny thing to add is that one time 75lb snatch was my only 1rm over head squat. I can't get the bar over my head to do any more :(