Stop saying great job when it's not!!!

Options

Replies

• kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Do you ever mistake excellent burn for excellent bum?? I do it all the time!
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The best thing about this whole thread is how offended everyone got about the whole Nachos thing lol It was just the first thing that popped into my head! I'm SORRY!!! lol I didn't realize how much everyone loved nachos!!!

nachos.jpg

Look, its nachos. Everyone be happy now.

Oh, that is so unfair.. I am SO craving nachos now!! With extra jalapanos.. mmmm..

You could have posted any food. Big Mac's lets say...that person ate two that day, but the old them would have had 3 or 4 with a couple sides of fries and several refills of pop. This is them backing off. To you it looks horrible but to them it's progress. Why discourage them so that they quit all together? Maybe if they are here long enough they will see what others are doing and follow them. You've just got to keep in mind that you don't know their story so don't be so quick to judge them.

You are so awesome... for some people bantered is what it takes to get started... I still eat crap food...but I am loosing...sometimes I am way under on my calories and sometimes I eat my exercise calories back to the point that I almost go over...but this is my journey and the support I receive on this site keeps me going more than hearing everyday how bad I'm doing...I get to hear that at home...so for all of you that think. Saying great job or WTG without looking is a bad thing don't for it but for me I'm glad to have friends that are supporting me on this journey of mine...you make my day
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first part of your rant, the second part.. not so much.

Just because you don't see a difference doesn't mean others don't.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought...put this on your page and not in the forums. Reaching out the the thousands that are not on FL will achieve nothing.

As for your rant...take it with salt. You know the effort you put forth. And you either want it or you dont. Chastising those for trying to give you support based on what they can read shows you have a lot of negativity. Be grateful you have them,
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Why bother having friends on here then. My diary is private for a reason. I don't want people judging me if I decide to have a cookie or two. We are on here to motivate each other, not to judge or condemn. To be honest, I never look at anyones food diary. I've had a few friends dump me because my diary is not public. I figure if thats the only thing you are interested in...take a hike.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The reason my diary is public is because people keep asking me what I'm eating to lose weight. Some of them might be shocked by some of the crap in there. But it is the most honest way I can answer it. Do I eat clean? Nope. Do I eat a lot better then I used to? Yup! Is it working for me? So freaking far.

Also, seriously. I was promised nachos. WTF
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just showing up is a success
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Do you ever mistake excellent burn for excellent bum?? I do it all the time!
    Me Too! all the time~
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It makes me laugh that SO MANY people missed the point of what I was trying to say. LOL some of you seriously don't know how to read!!! It had nothing to do with caring what the people on my friend's list eat. I don't have the perfect diary. Sometimes I eat things that are unhealthy too. I don't care about that. My point was just that people say Good Job regardless of what the person has done and I think that's silly. That's IT. Damn, you guys are feisty!! hahahaha.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    It makes me laugh that SO MANY people missed the point of what I was trying to say. LOL some of you seriously don't know how to read!!! It had nothing to do with caring what the people on my friend's list eat. I don't have the perfect diary. Sometimes I eat things that are unhealthy too. I don't care about that. My point was just that people say Good Job regardless of what the person has done and I think that's silly. That's IT. Damn, you guys are feisty!! hahahaha.

I got it...And you are right.
    I just wanted to screw with you....
  • v3x1m2
    v3x1m2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I find it irritating that other people find the habits of other people irritating…but then one could find me irritating for complaining about other people who complain about other people's habits…So this is a like a meta-rant. Oh ****, I think i just figured out inception :/
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    My very first MFP rant. Feel free to get angry at me and have an entertaining internet battle.

I'm sorry but it irritates the heck out of me when I see someone finished their diary for the day and all they ate was a plate of 800 calorie nachos and everyone comments "Great job!!" and "Way to go!!". Seriously?!?!?! I see this crap EVERYDAY!!! I'm down for giving people moral support but I refuse to tell you good job if all you did was eat cookies all day. I am the person that will say "Don't worry, tomorrow is another day!!" Am I a meanie pants for that? Also, tell me why when people post progress pictures where you OBVIOUSLY can't see a difference at all everyone lies and says they can? You guys know you've seen that before on here lol. WHY?!?!?!?! It bugs me!!!!!

i had people WTG'ing me when i binge ate a half jar of peanut butter one day.

really.. annoying. i want people to yell at me :P
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Its the same with exercise. Someone put '10 min walking at 2.5' and its like really? there were prob 15 comments saying 'wow way to go!' I'm mean seriously its under 30 calories :/
  • daking639
    daking639 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My very first MFP rant. Feel free to get angry at me and have an entertaining internet battle.

I'm sorry but it irritates the heck out of me when I see someone finished their diary for the day and all they ate was a plate of 800 calorie nachos and everyone comments "Great job!!" and "Way to go!!". Seriously?!?!?! I see this crap EVERYDAY!!! I'm down for giving people moral support but I refuse to tell you good job if all you did was eat cookies all day. I am the person that will say "Don't worry, tomorrow is another day!!" Am I a meanie pants for that? Also, tell me why when people post progress pictures where you OBVIOUSLY can't see a difference at all everyone lies and says they can? You guys know you've seen that before on here lol. WHY?!?!?!?! It bugs me!!!!!

What if they fell off the wagon at lunch and ate the nachos but recovered with a healthy dinner and stayed under goal for the day.?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Its the same with exercise. Someone put '10 min walking at 2.5' and its like really? there were prob 15 comments saying 'wow way to go!' I'm mean seriously its under 30 calories :/

I just had surgery 2 months ago. there are days that is about all I can walk at once. 10 minutes walking is better than none for someof us.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that

People = suck
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    OP, I cant believe you care if someone eats nachos. Who are you to judge someone for eating nachos? Why do you care soo much about nachos anyway?
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My broccoli and squash surprise that I am making for dinner tomorrow suddenly is very unappealing. I think I am going to have nachos.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I know that being someone who mainly logs from the app, it wasn't always possible to see diaries that way. It has been for some time, but maybe people don't realize this. I've always stopped commenting on people's diaries at all unless it just says "completed" in which case I MIGHT say way to stay honest. But I don't commend anyone on eating under their calories because it just started to feel like I was enabling people who judge whether they are good or bad as human beings based on their eating for the day...If I look at someone's diary it is out of curiosity ONLY.