Stop saying great job when it's not!!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• callmebryntax
    Options
    The reason my diary is public is because people keep asking me what I'm eating to lose weight. Some of them might be shocked by some of the crap in there. But it is the most honest way I can answer it. Do I eat clean? Nope. Do I eat a lot better then I used to? Yup! Is it working for me? So freaking far.

Also, seriously. I was promised nachos. WTF

This. Right now, just adjusting my calories and exercising more is the only thing I can handle. If I push trying to eat clean or never have treats, then I won't do it. So yeah, maybe one of these days my calories will be 1400 and my food will be oreos and bacon, but not eating any more than that will be a success in my book. I encourage people when I know what THEIR goals are - one of my friends is trying to gain weight, so I congratulate her when she does. Not everyone needs the same sort of encouragement. When I DO go over, however, I love when people can tell me "don't let those poptarts in the house again!"
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I agree. I actually think it's weird to comment on some one's food choices. In fact, I removed my diary notifications and the ability for others to view it. I also remove my exercise information on most days. Telling me "Nice burn" when I only logged in 10 minutes of exercise when I usually do much more makes me think that people feel compelled to say something even when they have no idea what's going on.

Edited to add: Nachos are awesome.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If i know that it is someone that has been struggling to eat healthy and exercise then I will congratulate them when there diet is 50% clean. If i see someone that is mostly inactive walk for 10 minutes you better be damn sure i'm going to tell them that its a good walk. Would you like to know why? It's because they are trying! Not everyone has an easy time going cold turkey and jumping into a super healthy lifestyle. It takes time and there will be upsets...but every time i see them a step closer to their goal I am going to applause their effort.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Its the same with exercise. Someone put '10 min walking at 2.5' and its like really? there were prob 15 comments saying 'wow way to go!' I'm mean seriously its under 30 calories :/

I just had surgery 2 months ago. there are days that is about all I can walk at once. 10 minutes walking is better than none for someof us.

Amen. Not everyone is on the same level with exercise and some are disabled (me) & have days where any exercise is an achievement.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I agree. I actually think it's weird to comment on some one's food choices. In fact, I removed my diary notifications and the ability for others to view it. I also remove my exercise information on most days. Telling me "Nice burn" when I only logged in 10 minutes of exercise when I usually do much more makes me think that people feel compelled to say something even when they have no idea what's going on.

Edited to add: Nachos are awesome.

Off topic but I love your profile pic. Congrats on your loss and all your hard work.
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If I see they are eating too low I tell them please eat more and if they are over on sodium I tell them to watch the sodium if they do really bad Im like just start over tomorrow but you do have to praise them for at least logging it instead of pretending they didnt eat it :bigsmile:

I completely agree!!
  • corgihugger
    Options
    Whats wrong with congratulating someone on killing a plate of nachos?

Maybe it was impressive.

this.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Good job on the message. :smile:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Maybe some people are not looking at their diary and just see that they were under for the day.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Most people (me included) cant be arsed to read through the diary. If I see "under calorie goal" I'll say well done, they could have eaten 1/2 a lions brain and I wouldn't know :laugh: