Online Cheating

Options

Replies

• amrita0286
    Options
    I don't really understand the question. Mainly because being friends with either sex on an online forum does not mean that you are or will cheat on your spouse. If someone wanted to cheat, they would whether it be online or in real life.

So I guess I am saying I will be friends with anyone as I am happily married and plan to stay that way. <3

Agree :)
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Hmmm,
    U said on here, well, on here I add both as friends, but naturally get on better with the ladies,
    thats just part of who I am, am the same in real life,
    I did have a female stalker once on another site, that was crazy she had like 10 accounts to keep talking to me as different people, it was a real shock when it all came out,
    there r some real crazies out there.
    When after some 17 years my marriage failed, I was at the time talking to a lady on the net,
    we were both free to meet up and see if there was more to the friendship than just online flirting,
    We met up and got married 2 years later, we have been together now for a further 2 years.
    What I will say is,
    I fell in love with the person b4 I had physically seen her, b4 we had even swapped pictures I was hooked by our connection.
    One of the reasons she kept on talking to me at the beginning was that I never asked her for a photo, be it a rude one or normal, not like all those other blokes.
    We laugh when the subject of online relationships comes up, or even if someone asks how we met.
    I have a few girls on here that I share comments with but we do not flirt.
  • SPARTA1013
    SPARTA1013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For me its a women only rule as any of the guys I've come across so far usually have ulterior motives even being on a site like MFP!

Also out of respect for my husband as well as I wouldn't be happy about him having women friends - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

WOW, just wow. Men and women can't be friends without sex coming into it? Maybe you can't have males friends without wanting to jump them, but not everyone is like that.

I do not WANT to jump any male friends, the only man I'm interested in 'jumping' is my husband.
    I'll repeat again that I was just saying what I had experienced in the past, 3 out of 4 guys who have wanted to add me as a friend were pretty suggestive - FACT! I have no desire to be friends with any guys even to help aid them on the weight loss, if they want female friends there will be plenty of other women out there to support them.

This seems incredibly closed minded. You won't even consider helping an individual who may need your support??? Think about this for a second, you're fearful tat there MAY be an innuendo so you shut off all support systems to anyone with a penis. That's as closed minded as you can possibly get if you ask me, and very selfish.
  • SPARTA1013
    SPARTA1013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I've always had guy friends in HS and college and at the workplace. I act more like a guy, I joke around like a guy. I feel more comfortable with guy friends. I have a couple of female friends (inclduing my sister). I don't like the cattiness of most women!

I am happily married to my husband of 24 yrs and NEVER cheated on him! We have a best friend relationship and he knew that I am more of a guys type of woman.

MFP is probably the first place that I've had as many female friends as I do and they all are cool and super supportive.
  • ReallyConfused
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all - it's not like it's real life... it's all in fun - why not flirt a little... personally, I wouldn't consider it cheating... it's totally harmless, right?

That's what I thought too. I started chatting online about two years ago. I have been married many years and would have never thought once of cheating. My husband is considerate, supportive, and a really nice guy. He was my first love. I went head over heels and never even noticed another man until I started doing the online thing.

Very quickly though things got out of control online. I have six different serious relationships online. They all started as flirting and innuendo, but now I care about these other men. :( And I hate myself for craving the excitement and attention. I have shared pics with all of them and they have shared back. Some shared WAY too much, but it was so interesting. They all know I am married.

I dont want to lose my sweet husband, but these relationships are so exciting. They say and do things I have never experienced. I tried to secretly introduce some of it back to my real life bedroom, but my husband is traditional/restrained and put the kabosh on different positions and stuff. I don't know how to describe what we have other than routinely adequate.

Chatting online is feeling like an addiction. I can't tell my husband that I want to play and flirt online because it would kill him. I'm trying to go back to how I was before, but i'm struggling since now that I see all the things available, the routine isnt getting it done. I never say no to my husband, but it is so incredibly routine that I sneak glances at the clock to see how much longer before he is done. He is definitely picking up on my increased computer time. He has even joked that he is a little jealous of the computer.

I wish I had known how bad and trapped I feel now when I started flirting online. I am in trouble, guilty and scared. It doesn't feel so harmless to me right now.
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all - it's not like it's real life... it's all in fun - why not flirt a little... personally, I wouldn't consider it cheating... it's totally harmless, right?

That's what I thought too. I started chatting online about two years ago. I have been married many years and would have never thought once of cheating. My husband is considerate, supportive, and a really nice guy. He was my first love. I went head over heels and never even noticed another man until I started doing the online thing.

Very quickly though things got out of control online. I have six different serious relationships online. They all started as flirting and innuendo, but now I care about these other men. :( And I hate myself for craving the excitement and attention. I have shared pics with all of them and they have shared back. Some shared WAY too much, but it was so interesting. They all know I am married.

I dont want to lose my sweet husband, but these relationships are so exciting. They say and do things I have never experienced. I tried to secretly introduce some of it back to my real life bedroom, but my husband is traditional/restrained and put the kabosh on different positions and stuff. I don't know how to describe what we have other than routinely adequate.

Chatting online is feeling like an addiction. I can't tell my husband that I want to play and flirt online because it would kill him. I'm trying to go back to how I was before, but i'm struggling since now that I see all the things available, the routine isnt getting it done. I never say no to my husband, but it is so incredibly routine that I sneak glances at the clock to see how much longer before he is done. He is definitely picking up on my increased computer time. He has even joked that he is a little jealous of the computer.

I wish I had known how bad and trapped I feel now when I started flirting online. I am in trouble, guilty and scared. It doesn't feel so harmless to me right now.

This is what happens when you blur the line between reality and excuses. Cheating is cheating it doesnt matter if its on the other end of a keyboard just like it doesnt matter if its on the other end of a phone call or text, personally all of you who are saying "its harmless" are giving yourself excuses to cheat.

Talking about sex, sending pictures, sexting, flirting, they are all the beginning of cheating as they WILL escalate. You FLIRTED with your husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend before you were engaged in a relationship. Its the beginning of a sexual relationship, goodluck to you and your husband but you nee to tell him its not fair of you to keep this hidden especially when your sending pictures...
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    Now if you have a very open sexual relationship and you both like to indulge in the pleasures of sexual experiences with other people by all means continue not to cheat as its not cheating if your SO is ok with it.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    People hide behind the fact its online like behind the computer there isnt a person they can in fact meet. Above all else, It shows a complete lack of respect for the relationship
  • frankensteinsbride28
    Options
    Having friends of the opposite sex is fine (I've lots of them). i would never cheat. If I wanted to I would leave my partner beforehand. I have however removed people from my FL who got overly flirtatious in the past. I think its the Pirate brings out the worst in people ;)

Really depends on you. If you know you can resist temptation / are not interested and you know your SO is not the insanely jealous type then its all good.

I completely agree! My two best friends in this whole world are males, so I have no problem finding male friends on this site and keeping it strictly friendly.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For me its a women only rule as any of the guys I've come across so far usually have ulterior motives even being on a site like MFP!

Also out of respect for my husband as well as I wouldn't be happy about him having women friends - men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

WOW, just wow. Men and women can't be friends without sex coming into it? Maybe you can't have males friends without wanting to jump them, but not everyone is like that.

haha, well said(:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I log all my calories....

oh wait...wrong cheating...
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of guys on my friend list. But if they get out of line, off they go. I wasn't so forceful about this before, but I am all business with it now.
    I like to joke around, who doesn't? But once I feel a line is being crossed, they get a warning and then it's over if it's crossed again.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My motivation on MFP is to find support and support others on similar journeys.

While there are many beautiful people on this site, the only cookie I want is in the jar at home.

I don't have hangups if my fiancee has male friends and don't hesitate to have female friends... if that's who I get along with, then fine. If you have a reason to be suspicious and spying on your loved one, then you already have enough reason to not be in that relationship.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it happens. You get comfortable and find support with someone. It's easy when you've been unhappy and sad for a long time. Most times...these relationships end.

Othertimes...the person cheating is just a piece of *kitten* who will do it over and over again..online...in person. They just think they're God's gift. Some people's motivation to be on mfp has nothing to do with fitness.

**** happens...but there are plenty of friendships I've developed on here with the opposite sex that absolutely have no issues. So it really is a person to person thing and everyone just has to do what is right for them. Frankly, I couldn't have all women on my FL....I'm too much like "one of the guys" in many ways lol
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    men and women cannot be friends without sex or innuendoes coming into the equation!

SO NOT TRUE. My roommate (and best guy friend) is a straight male, just as I am a straight female. He is like a brother to me! I have many guy friends and we are completely platonic. The whole myth of men and women not being able to be friends is just an excuse for being possessive and jealous IMO....If you can't trust your SO with someone of the opposite sex, why can't you just admit that there is another issue going on there?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It's only cheating if there is penetration...
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sounds like bull**** to me... If your in a good committed 50/50 relationship there is no problem with having friends of the opposite sex on MFP....

Its not cheating, most of the time the people you are talking to are states or even countries away. The ultimate goal of this site is FITNESS. If having supportive friends of the opposite sex is what helps you get there then GO FOR IT!

A little flirtation never hurts anyone, and in fact can help make a relationship stronger. As long as it isnt strained to begin with.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I love to flirt and I love to dance. This doesn't mean I want to get in your pants!
    I may say your cute or looking hot, but my commitment to my spouse is what I've got!
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    It's only cheating if there is penetration...

Kissing isnt cheating? Or touching? Rubbing? Licking? Squeezing?