Fast Food

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I just can't wrap my head around it. Why do you eat it? I haven't had fast food in so many years, I don't even know how long. And, I see people still talking about it all he time in MFP and logging it. With the whole Chik-Fil-A thing, I just keep thinking, 'who gives a crap what that guy thinks. Just stop eating there, and they'll go away.'

The food is disgusting. No nutritional value, loaded with fat. Tasteless. Soggy. I just don't understand. At the bare minimum, why not just go to a diner instead. At least you'll get real food.

This isn't a rant, I just don't get it.

Replies

• invisiblemonster
    invisiblemonster Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    different people, different tastes.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Some people like the taste, and it's convenient for busy people.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I guess when some people are eating it quite often, they are used to the taste. Not all fast foods taste bad, but in the last few years or so, McDonalds food has become quite dry... It used to be really juicy, but it's really dry now. I haven't had a McDonalds in probably over a year or something.
  • neverstray
    Options
    I shouldn't have posted this sorry.

If you like fast food, eat it. I guess you might as well have a bag of doritos and a soda for lunch. It's just disgusting nutrition less food. It does nothing for you at all except make you feel full.

I get that people think its easy. And, that doing something else is hard. I get it. I guess when you stop doing it, and look at it, it's weird. That's all. There are many many alternatives these days. My grocery store, as an example, has a deli. I can go there instead of pulling into a mcD's or taco bell or whatever. There are diners. Almost all restaurants have take away. I just can't fathom why anyone would chose fast food over the alternatives.

But, again, whateves.. Do what you want. I don't think the post has the right finesse behind it to say what I was trying to really say, so it's a fail.
  • keyjewel
    keyjewel Posts: 1
    Options
    When I go to get fast food, it's Chick-fil-a for breakfast (oatmeal and a fruit cup). I don't agree with their stance on gay marriage, but I respect them for being open with their opinion. I don't go anywhere else (except Chipotle. Chipotle is awesome. And one of the only chains that can truly accomodate vegans).
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Chill. We're not saying eating fast food is good. It's just that some people enjoy it. And in moderation that is alright.
    Not every single morsel of food you ingest has to be healthy.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It does nothing for you at all except make you feel full.

That's a dirty, dirty lie.
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    You mean you can resist the alloure of a BACONATOR! I mean come on 2 greasy "mystery meat" patties, 6 strips of extra greasy bacon, 8 tbsp of mayo and ketchup, but hey at least you can have lettuce and tomato on it if you want, BUT who the hell wants that healthy stuff anymore. I used to live off of fast food as well and now that I have changed my eating habits the grease alone gets me nauseous. I may do a taco or a grilled chicken meal from KFC every once in a great while but limit the entir meal to 400 calories. My biggest vice is pizza...I can eat myself sick on it so when we have pizza night (have 4 kids) I get the thin crust chicken variety to limit calorie and fat as much as possible.

Nothing like watching someone order a tripple whopper with cheese combo LARGE size with a DIET coke. They always emphasize DIET on the coke when they order lol!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I actually like fast food.. I stay away as much as possible because I know its not a great choice.. but as far as taste.. I enjoy it, even the "really bad" places that everyone likes to bash.

Sometimes when we are on the road, pressed for time, we'll go through a drive through.. it's not the end of the world, and I can still fit it into my calories.. its not an everyday thing.. but it happens.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You're right, fast food is gross, but it can also be addictive, that's why people eat it a lot. Once you've been eating healthily for a while, you lose the cravings for carb-fat-sugar loaded food, but it takes some time to get there. These days I very very rarely eat fast food, except for one occasion and one occasion only...I swear a Big Mac, salt-loaded fries and a strawberry milkshake is the best cure for a hangover!!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Dorito's and a soda O.o

Pretty sure I could get more nutrition out of a McDonalds Hamburger then a bag of doritos. Where's the protein?

For those of you who eat doritos, don't take this seriously and replace your doritos with a hamburger lol.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What's the view like up there?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I think it tastes good. It does have nutritional value, maybe it's not always the best choice, but sometimes it's the most convenient. Generally, it's much healthier than diner food.

I've gone for over a year without eating processed foods. Fast food still tasted good to me the first time I had it. It never slowed down my weight loss. It never made any of my blood work bad, so I'm going to continue to eat it.
  • neverstray
    Options
    Dorito's and a soda O.o

Pretty sure I could get more nutrition out of a McDonalds Hamburger then a bag of doritos. Where's the protein?

For those of you who eat doritos, don't take this seriously and replace your doritos with a hamburger lol.

Doubtful. It's not meat your eating.

It doesn't matter. You guys eat whatever you want. Sorry again for the post.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

If you like fast food, eat it. I guess you might as well have a bag of doritos and a soda for lunch. It's just disgusting nutrition less food. It does nothing for you at all except make you feel full.

I get that people think its easy. And, that doing something else is hard. I get it. I guess when you stop doing it, and look at it, it's weird. That's all. There are many many alternatives these days. My grocery store, as an example, has a deli. I can go there instead of pulling into a mcD's or taco bell or whatever. There are diners. Almost all restaurants have take away. I just can't fathom why anyone would chose fast food over the alternatives.

But, again, whateves.. Do what you want. I don't think the post has the right finesse behind it to say what I was trying to really say, so it's a fail.

Why apologize and then continue to bash? And I think that you can get much more nutrition from fast food places that you get in a soda and chips... that's sillly.
  • neverstray
    Options
    What's the view like up there?

Nice.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Did you ever eat fast food in the past? Why did you do that? Because you liked it, maybe?
  • neverstray
    Options

Why apologize and then continue to bash? And I think that you can get much more nutrition from fast food places that you get in a soda and chips... that's sillly.

It's not silly. But, keep eating it. I don't care.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Apology accepted
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It's delicious and is crucial to the composition of outstanding physiques worldwide. It's helped me reach some of my goals...although I realize I still have a ways to go.