Fast Food

Options

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I guess when some people are eating it quite often, they are used to the taste. Not all fast foods taste bad, but in the last few years or so, McDonalds food has become quite dry... It used to be really juicy, but it's really dry now. I haven't had a McDonalds in probably over a year or something.

I agree with this as well about McD's - It used to taste pretty good not so much now...It's that and also, I know for me, my tastebuds have changed and I really enjoy healthier food now...To each his/her own though..
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    What if they made it slower?
    Again....bahahahahahaha...it has been proven time and time again how unhealthy this stuff is and this debate continues. Great stuff!!!! I too indulge in take out from time to time but I am not believing in anyway that it is getting me to my goal any faster. Love some of these comments, funny stuff!
  • bubmaster
    bubmaster Posts: 90
    Options
    ppl like different foods..good or bad..each to their own.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I almost never, ever, eat fast food. But when I'm suffering from an epic hangover, sometimes McDonald's #2 meal (2 cheeseburgers, fries & Coke) with no meat, or an egg & cheese biscuit, is the best cure. Fortunately my hangovers have become fewer and farther between now that I'm so committed to fitness.
  • gladpants
    gladpants Posts: 26
    Options
    chick fil a grilled chicken salad with fat free honey mustard dressing. no toppings added. Fast, from a fast food joint and definitely not a bad choice. When I reach my weight goal and work out regimen goal, I will allow myself to eat some of the "crap" there because I think it tastes good. Until then i won't
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    I shouldn't have posted this sorry.

If you like fast food, eat it. I guess you might as well have a bag of doritos and a soda for lunch. It's just disgusting nutrition less food. It does nothing for you at all except make you feel full.

I get that people think its easy. And, that doing something else is hard. I get it. I guess when you stop doing it, and look at it, it's weird. That's all. There are many many alternatives these days. My grocery store, as an example, has a deli. I can go there instead of pulling into a mcD's or taco bell or whatever. There are diners. Almost all restaurants have take away. I just can't fathom why anyone would chose fast food over the alternatives.

But, again, whateves.. Do what you want. I don't think the post has the right finesse behind it to say what I was trying to really say, so it's a fail.

You should be glad they missed the point....I won't encourage what "that guy thinks" and won't give them any of my hard earned cash!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    A chicken is still a chicken, a cow is still a cow and you don't really know what they did to it before you bought it at the store lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    People eat fast food for many reasons. I don't care for most fast food and rarely eat it, but there are occasions when I do, such as traveling or out shopping and don't want to the time or expense of a real restaurant.

Sometimes stopping for a quick taco or burger just makes more sense than driving home to cook a meal.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The OP's food diary is private! Now how can I judge him :sad:
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Another day and another post of someone getting on their high horse.

I hate it. Through being healthy I have lost the taste and craving for fast food, but I'm not going to voice my opinion on a forum like this. Let people eat what they want. If they enjoy it, then what's the harm in them eating it?
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    taco bell is delicious. come at me, bro.
  • PrettyGrit
    PrettyGrit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I havent eaten it for years either... even the smell driving past makes me want to spew.... its so gross
    Not worth the food hangover at all
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    this thread is SO full of win. :flowerforyou:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get a chicken wrap at Mickey D's. 290 cals for grilled, 350 for crispy. Decent size. Sometimes if I am going food shopping from work and I'm starved I grab one so I won't buy junk at the store.
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    People like smoking too. Stopping in at a fast food establishment is a choice that people often make in order to
    A) Save money (it is cheaper than most diner or grocery store alternatives,
    B) Save time
    C) satisfy a craving.

What he is trying to say is that it is typically a poor nutritional choice which could be easily replaced given enough willpower and planning.
    I use to smoke, and now when I watch poeple smoking I think "how did I ever do that?".
    If you don't think fast food is almost as bad for you as smoking, you should do a little research.
    Plan snacks, exhibit willpower, read into how bad most fast food really is for you.
    If you're getting the fruit cup and oatmea, that's not really "fast food". We are generalizing fast food as greasy meat, fried potatoes, and sugary drinks for the sake of argument.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes *delicious* ! It's been hard for me to give it up. I still have it a couple times a month.
  • weekoldcoffee
    weekoldcoffee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I go to get fast food, it's Chick-fil-a for breakfast (oatmeal and a fruit cup). I don't agree with their stance on gay marriage, but I respect them for being open with their opinion. I don't go anywhere else (except Chipotle. Chipotle is awesome. And one of the only chains that can truly accomodate vegans).

I'm a vegan and I heard that Chipotle uses dairy in their Guacamole...There's none in my area anymore, so I go to Qdoba. Soooo good.
  • HotAndSpicy10
    Options
    I LOVE McDonald's and other fast food places! I just don't go very often anymore....:(
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I almost never, ever, eat fast food. But when I'm suffering from an epic hangover, sometimes McDonald's #2 meal (2 cheeseburgers, fries & Coke) with no meat, or an egg & cheese biscuit, is the best cure. Fortunately my hangovers have become fewer and farther between now that I'm so committed to fitness.

Ha ha,...the number 2 with no meat is what I use to eat all the time!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have posted this sorry.

If you like fast food, eat it. I guess you might as well have a bag of doritos and a soda for lunch. It's just disgusting nutrition less food. It does nothing for you at all except make you feel full.

I get that people think its easy. And, that doing something else is hard. I get it. I guess when you stop doing it, and look at it, it's weird. That's all. There are many many alternatives these days. My grocery store, as an example, has a deli. I can go there instead of pulling into a mcD's or taco bell or whatever. There are diners. Almost all restaurants have take away. I just can't fathom why anyone would chose fast food over the alternatives.

But, again, whateves.. Do what you want. I don't think the post has the right finesse behind it to say what I was trying to really say, so it's a fail.

Man, been there done that (recently...see "Everything in Moderation? Really?", if it hasn't been mod-locked and nuked yet). Looking forward to reading through the inevitable hate you're going to receive for daring to sit in judgment of all who would choose to work their calorie choices around fast food. =P

(Oh, and I agree.)