Fast Food

Options

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have posted this sorry.

If you like fast food, eat it. I guess you might as well have a bag of doritos and a soda for lunch. It's just disgusting nutrition less food. It does nothing for you at all except make you feel full.

I get that people think its easy. And, that doing something else is hard. I get it. I guess when you stop doing it, and look at it, it's weird. That's all. There are many many alternatives these days. My grocery store, as an example, has a deli. I can go there instead of pulling into a mcD's or taco bell or whatever. There are diners. Almost all restaurants have take away. I just can't fathom why anyone would chose fast food over the alternatives.

But, again, whateves.. Do what you want. I don't think the post has the right finesse behind it to say what I was trying to really say, so it's a fail.

Why apologize and then continue to bash? And I think that you can get much more nutrition from fast food places that you get in a soda and chips... that's sillly.

It's not silly. But, keep eating it. I don't care.

It is silly to say a soda and a bag of chips will give you the same nutrition as fast food. Just look at the nutritional values on things.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Did you ever eat fast food in the past? Why did you do that? Because you liked it, maybe?

Because I was an idiot kid that didn't know anything about nutrition.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people eat? If you don't want to eat junk food that's up to you but not everyone has to live by your standards.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people eat? If you don't want to eat junk food that's up to you but not everyone has to live by your standards.

I don't care. Have at it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    My, my aren't we judgey.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have posted this sorry.

If you like fast food, eat it. I guess you might as well have a bag of doritos and a soda for lunch. It's just disgusting nutrition less food. It does nothing for you at all except make you feel full.

I get that people think its easy. And, that doing something else is hard. I get it. I guess when you stop doing it, and look at it, it's weird. That's all. There are many many alternatives these days. My grocery store, as an example, has a deli. I can go there instead of pulling into a mcD's or taco bell or whatever. There are diners. Almost all restaurants have take away. I just can't fathom why anyone would chose fast food over the alternatives.

But, again, whateves.. Do what you want. I don't think the post has the right finesse behind it to say what I was trying to really say, so it's a fail.

Why apologize and then continue to bash? And I think that you can get much more nutrition from fast food places that you get in a soda and chips... that's sillly.

It's not silly. But, keep eating it. I don't care.

Don't worry, I will.. And I think you kind of do.. based on the fact you posted this.
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    LOL at the anger in the forums today. HOW dare you say anything at all! Relax people th OP was just making an observation and you can are running her through the strainer. If this post upset you maybe there are some deeper issues there that you need to address instead of forwarding your anger towards the OP. Besides everyone in here knows they have made fun of some type of stupid fast food product out there or the people that eat it. Even when we were or ARE eating it ourselves. I have never seen so many soapboxes and high horses in one place in my life LOL!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    For most people, I'd probably say it's convenience. Sometimes you don't have time to cook a fully nutritious meal, and fast food is the quickest/easiest route to take. Then again, others may simply just enjoy the taste. Whatever the case, there's no need to get worked up over what other people are putting in their bodies. Different strokes for different folks.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options

^this
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    One thing I don't understand is how hypocritical some people on here are. They talk about how fast food is bad, processed food is bad, carbs are bad, aspartame is bad, saturated fat is bad, sugar is bad, sodium is bad, yet there must be a reason they are on here in the first place.

Wasn't it because you were or still are consuming foods that contain a lot of bad ingredients, sugar, salt, bad fats, etc.

I already know it's not meat, but I would rather get something that has balanced macro's, than fill up on carbs and fat with a can of sugar that will rot my teeth. Yeh, it's not the best choice, I don't go out of my way to find the nearest fast food place, one it costs more money to do that then it would to just make my own versions, which I enjoy more and two I'm not addicted to those kinds of food.

Having one meal that is probably unhealthy for you isn't going to make you put on weight or make you drop dead on the spot after eating it. It might not contain all the nutrition that vegetables have or the same amount of protein as turkey or chicken, but it's better than going hungry for however long.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    yummm, Taco Bell for breakfast!!! I like to think I'm a champion
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was just saying yesterday that I eat what I want....Fast Food and slow food or deli food....if you dont have a farm and a garden you really dont know what is in the food you are eating....casual dining has processed foods and poor choices too. Most fast food places have a decent choice...My choice at McD is usually a side salad with a grilled chiken patty added to it...Let people eat what they want and dont let it ruffle ur feathers....Turn ur nose up fast food eaters! Im sure there is a person who prepares all their meals who is turning their nose up at all of us!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    LOL at the anger in the forums today. HOW dare you say anything at all! Relax people th OP was just making an observation and you can are running her through the strainer. If this post upset you maybe there are some deeper issues there that you need to address instead of forwarding your anger towards the OP. Besides everyone in here knows they have made fun of some type of stupid fast food product out there or the people that eat it. Even when we were or ARE eating it ourselves. I have never seen so many soapboxes and high horses in one place in my life LOL!

I don't think anyone is upset becuase the OP doesn't like fast food, but rather the judgemental tone that was used.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's disgusting once you find out what's in it, HOWEVER, it doesn't taste bad to all of us. I've eaten fast food since I was a child. When I decided to become healthy last year and learned about how awful fast food was, that didn't necessarily make me stop wanting it because I've had it my whole life, and to me it tastes good.

I have SEVERELY cut down my intake of fast food - I only get it a few times a month now, and I try to make healthy choices. But if I'm in a rush to get somewhere and don't have time to make a proper meal, I'll stop and get fast food. It's easy, it's cheap, it tastes good, and in moderation it's not going to kill me.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    At the bare minimum, why not just go to a diner instead. At least you'll get real food.

Depends on the diner...(says the girl who lives in the diner state). ;)
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You're annoying.

I don't care for it myself, but whatever. And FYI, your grocers deli isn't a good choice, I can almost guarantee that. Ooooh, a turkey and cheese sandwich loaded with 1000s of mg of sodium is so healthy and awesome. I'd rather eat a mcd hamburger.
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I used to eat far too much fast food. Not necessarily for convenience, just because I liked it. Pizza Hut, KFC, Burger King, Mac D's, you name it I ate it. But let's be honest, it's not good to overindulge in anything. Just because I am now eating healthy, doesn't mean I've stopped liking fast food. So once in a while I still indulge and it's GREAT!
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    We all know it isn't exactly the healthiest food on the planet, but sometimes I just cannot resist the taste of McDonald's fries. It's the smell of it, I think. Plus, for me, it goes back to early childhood when fast food was considered a treat to be enjoyed once in a while. Now I'm an independent adult, the lure of being able to choose what I want to eat every day can be over-powering. It doesn't satisfy me, no, and ten minutes later I feel bloated and fat. I've not had any for months now and, although I don't miss it, the smell of McDonald's still makes my tummy rumble.
  • tubaman58
    tubaman58 Posts: 151
    Options
    Chill. We're not saying eating fast food is good. It's just that some people enjoy it. And in moderation that is alright.
    Not every single morsel of food you ingest has to be healthy.

Amen
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I guess when some people are eating it quite often, they are used to the taste. Not all fast foods taste bad, but in the last few years or so, McDonalds food has become quite dry... It used to be really juicy, but it's really dry now. I haven't had a McDonalds in probably over a year or something.

I agree with McDonald's foods. I usually eat the chicken nuggets or spicy chicken rather than the hamburgers. I eat fast food every once in a while, but I try to find the healthier choices. Also, I agree with another comment about it's convenient for busy people. If I didnt work I would be cooking myself healthier meals, but I work 8-5 in an office then go spend time with my boyfriend and work out at his house. By that time I'm too exhausted to cook. There just aren't enough hours in the day.