Fast Food

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I don't eat fast food a lot, and when I do it is usually Chipotle which uses higher quality ingredients. However, I grew up eating all the regular fast food often, so I developed a taste for it. . Even though I know it's bad and I usually cringe at the thought of it, I will still crave it sometimes. I rarely get a burger and I refuse to ever chicken nuggets again, but, it's just not so simple as "oh it's bad for me" to undo the way I have eaten for more than half my life.
  • keenster
    keenster Posts: 16
    Options
    This isn't a rant, I just don't get it.

Hate to see what a rant is.
  • CrueChix
    CrueChix Posts: 47
    Options
    You're right. I don't know why I do it sometimes. I had a Del Taco burrito last night (I did work out after I ate it), but as soon as it hit my stomach I was asking myself "why did I eat that?" It made me feel yucky, and sorry for the TMI, but gassy too. It's crap food.
  • Kerikins76
    Kerikins76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What's the view like up there?

YES!
  • joannecando
    Options
    You shouldn't feel you have to retract your statement; we all know that fast food is bad for us. Yet I am probably one of the worst about eating it. I don't generally eat it at home, but I have not been home except for a few days in the last month. When faced with the fast food option or not eating at all, I will usually choose the fast food - Not for pleasure, but for convenience. You are right, the deli at the grocery store is much better, but a slice of greasy pizza or fat-laden egg salad is not much better than the fast food options, and it is 45 minutes away from me. So, know that you are right, but sometimes we all make bad choices for one reason or another.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Dude, you are (I mean WERE...I have no need for judgemental "friends" on MFP so buhbye) on my friends list but this was awfully judgemental and unnecessary. Why ask people why they eat fast food and then bash them and insult them for it? Very rude.

For what it's worth, the only "fast food" I have is Chipotles or Noodles & Co. on very rare occasions...but...my choice. Why is it your job to tell me it tastes bad and it's bad for me?

/it'swaytooearlyforjudgementalpostsfacepalm
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    LOL at the anger in the forums today. HOW dare you say anything at all! Relax people th OP was just making an observation and you can are running her through the strainer. If this post upset you maybe there are some deeper issues there that you need to address instead of forwarding your anger towards the OP. Besides everyone in here knows they have made fun of some type of stupid fast food product out there or the people that eat it. Even when we were or ARE eating it ourselves. I have never seen so many soapboxes and high horses in one place in my life LOL!

I don't think anyone is upset becuase the OP doesn't like fast food, but rather the judgemental tone that was used.

Maybe, but either way this humors me. As long as you follow the plan you have set for yourself who cares what anyone else thinks or says. I like to see the humor and good in life. Fast food is humorous and disturbing to me because of the complete disregard for health. I am not above anyone....I used to eat the stuff all the time. But I don't condone people who do but sometimes the extremes I find funny like the tripple whopper and baconator. To each his own.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Chik-fil-a today.

Waffle fries. Yummy yummy.

But seriously one can certainly fit many items colloquially termed "fast food" into what many would call a reasonable MFP diet,

Subway - 6 inch chicken breast on honey oat, no cheese
    Moes - Joey Bags - Steak or chicken, beans, no rice no cheese. . or streaker with rice; fish tacos (yum yum yum)
    Fazolis - has a couple things (I forget which Just don't eat the breadsticks.)
    CiCi's - Veggie italiano no cheese (that's the really thin crust one)
    Taco Bell - Side steak + side flour + side pico
    Chik fil a - either of the chargrilled
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Did you ever eat fast food in the past? Why did you do that? Because you liked it, maybe?
    Because I was an idiot kid that didn't know anything about nutrition.
    See this is the problem. You rant on and on about how it tastes terrible, and then you admit you ate it because it tasted good. If you can't understand this simple concept... people eat food because they like the taste... I don't know what to tell you.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I don't like fast food - mainly because the drive-thru service sucks & false advertising:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: , but I do eat it once-in-a- blue-moon. However, I can't say that the Mexican Food & beer that I had last night at a "real" restaurant was any better for me. But it sure did taste good! :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Since I've started to eat less processed foods, I've noticed that if I try to eat at say Wendy's or Zaxby's (only while driving long distances, very rare occasion) I'm left disappointed because it's not as appealing to me anymore. The food is just blah. I would eat at Subway while traveling, but you never know if that particular Subway uses quality ingredients or not. If I happen upon one that doesn't use good quality veggies, I always pay for it later.

I wish there were more Moe's and the like in the areas that I have to travel.
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you why.....there's not many places I can feed my whole family of 5 for $17. (as low as $12 with coupons)

You can say good food doesn't have to cost much, but that is just simply not true for many parts of the country, unfortunately.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    What's the view like up there?

Exactly!
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I dont cook, I work far from home, I workout when I get home.. cooking dinner at 8pm just don't sound appealing to me nor does it after traveling 50+ miles to/from work each day. Do i get fries? NO, do i get fruit and salads and grilled chicken, yes. If i had children I would hope to work closer to home in order to prepare food for them, more because it is cost efficient to do so. Cost is another issue, for 2 people it is cheaper in many cases to grab food on the go (not meals, like sandwich or salads) then it is to make it at home (we did an experiment for a couple weeks to test that theory and that was our finding)... most recipes call for 4 servings and we aren't a fan of reheated meals and don't want to have same meal for few days in a row. Many times I can't even eat a full serving of a what people call a "meal" because it's just too much food to handle. I'd rather have a plain grilled chicken sandwich with half the bun using lettuce as other half for 205 calories that fills me up then a huge meal with meat and 2 sides, that's just too much for me to consume!
    I am on maintenance and have been for almost a year, i track all my food, track my sodium intake, etc and i keep my diary private so people can't judge me for eating my mcdonalds chickie nuggets with apple slices for dinner last night. Those are my reasons. :-)
  • MrsSpace
    MrsSpace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm thinkin' Arbys.
    ;)
    Yum.
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    I hate to say this.... but bahahahahahahahahahahahaha....this is hilarious. I have been giggling the whole time I have been reading. Everybody coming to the defense of these poor helpless million dollar fast food chains.
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to be a realy big fan of fast food. But since I have started eating better and working out, I feel that it is a waste of my time. I don't want to eat anything that is that bad for me. Don't get me wrong I will work out for as long as I need to for a gourmet burger from The Works. But McFood, is not even a little tempting to me. Also my old friend KD and Romen noodles. I still have some in my cubpord in case I ever feel like having some, but I havent really gone back to those options much in the last 2 months. I think that I have had one box of KD and that was the whole wheat, with skim ilk and olive oil margerine.
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OMG Arby's is sooooo worth the extra work out!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    different strokes for different folks, darling.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this.... but bahahahahahahahahahahahaha....this is hilarious. I have been giggling the whole time I have been reading. Everybody coming to the defense of these poor helpless million dollar fast food chains.

I don't think anyone is coming to the defense of fast food chains - I think people are just being honest about when and why they eat it and how they don't want to be judged for it. People have their reasons.