Fast Food

Options

Replies

• lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I look at fast food, and it's all the same exact color, I can never ever convince myself that it's okay for me to eat it. I'd rather gorge on something at home that's delicious and full of vibrant colors and tastes. That's just my opinion.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It's funny - I was fat - I ate lots of fast food

Now I'm not fat, I struggle to see why I loved it so much. A burger just tasted like a pile of cheap sugar to me now

A lot of traits I had while I was fat really cause my head to hurt thinking how I was ever like that
  • laurie0507
    laurie0507 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll fully admit that I'm a fast food junkie. No, it's not all healthy but sometime I want a big, fat, juicy cheeseburger. I'm getting better, I know it's not full of nutritional value. It's probably not any worse than a frozen meal. Different strokes for different folks. Some people dont know how to cook, some people dont like it.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Here's the nutritional value for a big mac

big-mac-nutrition.gif&sa=X&ei=MlERUPbtMoaTqQH96IHgCw&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGDM7UpMPYFBZgBeQQ-s4jtgFWIOQ
  • crochetnut
    crochetnut Posts: 35
    Options
    I LOVE fast food.......if I could eat it every single friggen day and not gain weight, I would!!!!! French fries...cheeseburger.....greasy pizza....."drool"..........but that was the old me!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Dorito's and a soda O.o

Pretty sure I could get more nutrition out of a McDonalds Hamburger then a bag of doritos. Where's the protein?

For those of you who eat doritos, don't take this seriously and replace your doritos with a hamburger lol.

Doubtful. It's not meat your eating.

It doesn't matter. You guys eat whatever you want. Sorry again for the post.

Hmm, it's almost as if you're wanting an argument to ensue while you're hiding behind apologies. (I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have said that.)

If you are 'sorry', then stop picking at things and get off the thread. Easy peasy. But you're not really sorry... are ya? Are ya? Are ya?
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

Doubtful. It's not meat your eating.

It doesn't matter. You guys eat whatever you want. Sorry again for the post.

Yeah, it is 100% beef... you still don't need to apologize, opinions are like *kitten*, everybody's got one :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The food is disgusting. No nutritional value, loaded with fat. Tasteless. Soggy. I just don't understand. At the bare minimum, why not just go to a diner instead. At least you'll get real food.

You don't think that McDonald's french fries taste good? You seriously don't think a Big Mac tastes good?

Personally I rarely eat fast food, but it's hard to argue that it doesn't taste good. It's chemically engineered by scientists to taste frickin awesome. If you think about what the food actually is (e.g., "chicken product," not breast, with artificial colors and flavors to make it look grilled) it's pretty disgusting.

IMHO, if you're over the age of 25 you really have no excuse to be eating that stuff more than once per week. Unless you're continually traveling, it's really not that hard to eat healthy. I think people use "convenience" as an excuse to rationalize eating it.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I think that fast food is disgusting too. In August it will be one year since I've had any, but 13 months ago I loved it and enjoyed it frequently. Eleven months ago I was craving it like crazy. Unfortunately, it's convenient, it's cheap, and can be tasty and addictive; therefore, it will always be a mainstay in the American diet.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    Sit down and eat restaurants aren't any better than fast food. If you look up the nutritional value of most of them they are high calorie. That being said sometime you just need some fries and a burger. If you are honestly tracking everything you eat and stying with your calorie goal then who the hell cares what you eat or how you get your nutrition. I think Chick-Fil-A is probably a healther option or maybe I just like the fact that their chicken nuggets actually do resemble real chicken? Who knows. I don't know why anyone is suprised about their stance on gay marriage. They are closed on Sundays, like that wasn't a huge clue that is it is a very Christian company? Either way if you want fast food I say eat it. If you are staying within your goals and happy with your progress then more power to you. I'm not saying go eat it every day but enjoy it every once in a while. Hell you only live once. :drinker:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    What if they made it slower?
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed by threads like this that present a given preference as superior ... what's the purpose of this discussion? Is it really going to convert someone one way or the other when one posts something like, "Yeah, well, I never eat X because it's garbage/disgusting/whatever." And if one does convince everyone else here, what's the payoff for the convincer?
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I think if they elaborated on "chicken product" it would read "*kitten*, eyeballs, beak, some feathers, chicken s**t, intestines" I think think the people who make it even know what is in it. I don't really like processed chicken (ie "chicken" smashed into patties or nuggets) but I do enjoy chicken nuggets that I can tell the breast meat was just cut up and not compacted into the shape of a dinasour :smile:
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Depends on the fast food. I don't do it often, but, when I do go out, it's usually to Dunkin Donuts for a raspberry coffee (black) with a Veggie Egg White Flat Bread. Or a 6-inch wheat sub from Subway with chicken and extra veggies. I wouldn't touch anything at McDonald's or Burger King or Wendy's.

I can understand not understanding why people would go to such places. After learning how unhealthy it is, you'd think that would turn everyone off. Some people are just like that. It's the way they were brought up, and bad habits are incredibly hard to break, as most of us can probably attest to. It's one of those, "To each their own", situations where you can find it disgusting all you want, but it's still going to happen.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    This is for all the holier than thou people in this thread that don't eat fast food

tumblr_m39d6xKWqU1rqfhi2o1_400.gif&sa=X&ei=MlQRUOPVNomfrAGlq4GwDA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNG8EnR2dwUUPR3H45PrBAcZgxCvWA

<sarcasm font loading>
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What if they made it slower?

Genius.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    1. of course this thread was a terrible idea. people get upset when you tell them they are gross, or their habits are gross.
    2. still your right to say it, but you got to take the heat
    3. i completely agree that fast food is super disgusting and i don't know how people can eat it. but, i also don't understand how anyone could eat paleo or vegan. however, i try not to judge people for their diets. to each his (or her) own.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I just can't wrap my head around it. Why do you eat it? I haven't had fast food in so many years, I don't even know how long. And, I see people still talking about it all he time in MFP and logging it. With the whole Chik-Fil-A thing, I just keep thinking, 'who gives a crap what that guy thinks. Just stop eating there, and they'll go away.'

The food is disgusting. No nutritional value, loaded with fat. Tasteless. Soggy. I just don't understand. At the bare minimum, why not just go to a diner instead. At least you'll get real food.

This isn't a rant, I just don't get it.

2hztu2q.jpg
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Chill. We're not saying eating fast food is good. It's just that some people enjoy it. And in moderation that is alright.
    Not every single morsel of food you ingest has to be healthy.

^^ Agree!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    mm Now I am craving a Whopper