Men: Best way to approach YOU at the gym.....

Options

Replies

• benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If I were available I would not want a lady to approach me at the gym. I smell horribly when I sweat and I sweat profusely. I wonder how my wife puts up with it sometimes. I would not want ot be talking and my breath be firing sweat pellets at an attractive lady. Probably would not be a good way to get a date or make a good first impression. Besides, I am not at the gym to pick up ladies. I am at the gym to be able to pick up ladies everywhere else I go (if I was not married, of course). So I guess I am the gym now so I can keep the lady I already have. Dating is hard LOL.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Now I know the other day this was asked to the women. Well, I'd like to flip it. First off I want to say this is NOT to hit on you. There are regulars I see at my gym all the time for the past 2 years and would like to talk to them. I'm really shy until the ice is broken. haha I'm not good at this. After reading the thread on that previous post I mentioned above, I'm probably viewed as one of those "b!ch faces" and that bothers me. :ohwell: I want to change that. So, here's the scenario:
    If I approached you, (of course at an appropriate time), how would you react if I asked the following:

A. I'm curious about your tattoos, what is their meaning? (if not self explanatory)
    B. You seem to know lots of lifting exercises and have great form, how long have you been working out?
    C. Would you be able to spot me sometime?
    D. You are the best looking man in this gym and if we lived in Hollywood, you'd be on TV (not hitting on, just paying a compliment :wink: )

Go!

It's a coverup of my ex wife name, Patron shots on Bourbon st. Will have you doing stupid ish.

Since Dec 2010

No maam I don't loan people I don't know money, but if you want me too help you with the weights just ask.

Thank-you, I here that often.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Saving to read later...
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    There is no wrong way. Just talk to me. If you're attractive, I probably wont even care what you're actually saying.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was aweswome.
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You ask him if the two of you can spot each other squatting...mission accomplished.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    There is no wrong way. Just talk to me. If you're attractive, I probably wont even care what you're actually saying.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was aweswome.

haha, it is true though!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think my intensity at the gym sometimes scares women off..so I try to give the occasional smile haha. The best way to approach me would definetley be asking for a spot or ask if you are doing a certain exercise right. Men like to have their egos boosted and making them seem like a pro will be a great way to start a conversation

Me too.

You have to look around and find SOMEONE to smile at, just so people don't think you are crazy.......
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    [/quote}.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "but I'm doing bench press"
    "so spot me maybe?"
    [/quote]

So Funny!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "so spot me maybe?"

This might be my second big smile of the day. Hysterical.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    . I also wear my wedding ring to the gym, so me being married and my true intentions will always be put out there.

ha ha

you say to some guy you dont know "you are the best looking guy in the gym"? the wedding ring only makes you "safe" and your pick up line are your true intentions...come on

Agreed!
    And.... to ask a guy for a spot? I would not ask someone to stop their workout to come over and spot me unless i am strong enough to do the same for them. In my mind, it's simply proper gym etiquette.
    I would love to increase my db bench press but i would need a spotter to do it. So, I moved onto bb bench presses for now and will figure something else out when the time comes. I would never just ask a guy to spot me, who, like me, probably wants to get his workout done and get home.
    My advice...... have your husband come to the gym and spot you or hire a trainer.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    haha! you are funny. . . "not hitting on". . Every one of those is a LINE! Probably used on YOU by dudes!

This
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options

.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "so spot me maybe?"

LOL. Win.
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    Strangely enough -when I'm at the gym and working hard - my ummmmm.... well, I am easily aroused. Please don't talk to me - it will be completely awkward and eye opening. :bigsmile:

lol this exactly.

Even the mere sight of a female in the gym makes me walk awkwardly.

Really? Is this common for guys? I am gonna have an interesting time next trip to the gym! LOL
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough -when I'm at the gym and working hard - my ummmmm.... well, I am easily aroused. Please don't talk to me - it will be completely awkward and eye opening. :bigsmile:

lol this exactly.

Really? Is this common for guys? I am gonna have an interesting time next trip to the gym! LOL

what gym would that be? ooops...I didnt really just hit on you in a dont hit on me thread did I? uhhh..nope! :wink:
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options

.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "so spot me maybe?"

Hehehe.
  • cPT_Helice
    Options

lol this exactly.

what gym would that be? ooops...I didnt really just hit on you in a dont hit on me thread did I? uhhh..nope! :wink:

Naaaaaaah..... hitting on me would have been saying that I should be on television...... no, wait. I'm getting all confused. What approach WOULD constitute hitting on someone? - if I was to be holding my breast when I said that - or maybe yours?

Nevermind, could you just stop what you're doing and spot me please?
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing.....Keeps it all tight, warm, and cradled. I find it's much better to wear loose shorts.

WTF?! at least it's cradled...im beyond self conscious if it's loose

So those really work?? I used to wonder if that was why my ex wore compression briefs when he wasn't working out
  • 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options

lol this exactly.

No, this is not common.
  • 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    Sounds to me that the OP is not happy for some reason in her marriage and wants attention from another male.
  • SeanSilk
    SeanSilk Posts: 12
    Options
    It makes me shake my head and laugh to myself when I see posts like this. There are so many posts out there of women complaining to men that they don't like to be approached that it's engrained in most mens minds not to approach a woman at the gym.

My best advice: Don't. You'll be seen as desperate and make any man who has morals and self-respect wonder if you like him because he's in shape, or if you like him for him as a person.