Men: Best way to approach YOU at the gym.....

Options
123457»

Replies

• cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Strong thread bump. Anyway.... Sit on my lap while I'm benching.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Bring me cold water and a clean towel, or offer to spot my squats and I would probably fall in love. :love:
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    No way in hell I want some hot girl spotting me squatting. Under a heavy load there's too much risk of a booster rocket firing as I start the lift off. Having to concentrate to keep the ol' sphincter throttled for fear of blasting an olfactory destroyer, I would probably end up dumping the bar on her.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Tell me I dont need to do legs anymore and Im yours!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    you *me love you long time
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Just saying "hello" works for me.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Even saying your "not good at this"..... You have to see, these do sound like lines.

I am married and talk to a few regulars often and have no problem speaking to any guy at the gym. They are people, it doesn't have to be all thought out. Don't interrupt them and just speak up if you need something or have a question/comment. Most the guys at my gym, are very friendly, helpful and love showing off what they know. Whether you mean to or not, stating repeatedly you are married does not make the lines you suggested any less " lines". Most people would assume you were flirty, and not the harmless stuff you do when already on speaking terms with someone.

If I have ever needed help, I just ask who is nearby and resting (adjustable cable, is out of my reach when set at its highest)

Questions about form, I watch and if I like someone's form I ask them about it when they are in an extended rest or leaving.

New exercise, I ask when they have a moment.

As long as you are friendly, make sure they are not busy and polite......I have yet to meet anyone that won't respond.

Most times my husband is with me, if I have a question he's not sure of.....I will ask someone if the opportunity arises.

If you truly have no interest in flirting, then you really wouldn't have the thought in your mind.....it is just talking to people.

OP one of the most helpful people at my gym and nicest is a female who lifts and always has a b¡tch face on during working out....I would have missed out on a great asset and person to chat with, if I had never approached her when I first started :drinker:

The chit-chating comes after you have already spoken or at least acknowledge each other for a while first.
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just walk up to me and ask for some tickets... To the GUN SHOW (kisses biceps)
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Go up to them and ask if they need a spotter? LOL and see where that leads you.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Now I know the other day this was asked to the women. Well, I'd like to flip it. First off I want to say this is NOT to hit on you. There are regulars I see at my gym all the time for the past 2 years and would like to talk to them. I'm really shy until the ice is broken. haha I'm not good at this. After reading the thread on that previous post I mentioned above, I'm probably viewed as one of those "b!ch faces" and that bothers me. :ohwell: I want to change that. So, here's the scenario:
    If I approached you, (of course at an appropriate time), how would you react if I asked the following:

A. I'm curious about your tattoos, what is their meaning? (if not self explanatory)
    B. You seem to know lots of lifting exercises and have great form, how long have you been working out?
    C. Would you be able to spot me sometime?
    D. You are the best looking man in this gym and if we lived in Hollywood, you'd be on TV (not hitting on, just paying a compliment :wink: )

Go!

I've gotten A, B and C only...........no D, dammit. I like to keep to myself at the gym but I will always make a little time for someone (male or female) who has questions about equipment, form, muscle groups, spotting etc..........
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Strong thread bump. Anyway.... Sit on my lap while I'm benching.

I wanna see if that actually works in lifting heavier. Any takers ladies???