10 in 9

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend... mine just wasn't quite long enough. As a teacher, January and Febuary are the longest months... NO BREAKS!LOL Anyway, my weekend workouts did not happen :( I have had a terrible time with motivation. However, today I am back on the bandwagon...eating great and continuing with my 30 day shred ( level 2) dvd with Juliane Michaels!

Hope everyone has a great day and week ... keep in touch!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll I had a great weekend! Got in enough exercise and tried to stay within my cals. I am using my HRM now which I love, it's a real eye opener. At work now so will try to check in again later tonight. But I have logged everything for today and looks like I'm right on track!

aam_84, were u able to fix ur ticker?

Have a great day everyone!
  • aam_84
    Options
    Yes, I finally got my tracker to work.. I had it set up wrong :(

Anyway, I have tracked all my food for today as well and have 600 calories left! YAHOO!!!!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Morning ladies! today I got up for my morning workout, was really exhausted from not getting enough sleep lately plus I think I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday cuz it kinda hurts. But I went to the gym anyway and burned only about 300 cals, had to take it easy plus ran out of time. The good news is I finally got on the scale and am down 1lb which isnt much but after having slacked off for so long, I'm just happy I didnt gain anything back and have to start all over again. Thnx for the push Choco. Plus I'm hoping my numbers are better when I weigh in again this weekend since I haven't been drinking my water and this weekend I was way over on sodium and carbs, etc. Last night I had a nice tuna sandwich with spinach, who would have ever thunk I'd be eating a healthy dinner like that. My idea of dinner used to be pizza, burger n fries, etc. But not anymore!

So I'm feeling confident, glad to be back on track!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I tell you the past few days I have not been motivated to workout at all BUT have dragged myself out of the bed and committed to it. Since I had a slow start this morning I could only do 35 minutes of cardio b/c I had to get to work. I decided to spend that time on the spinning bike (I like that bike so much better than the other stationary bikes). Since I've taken a couple of spinning classes I tried to increase my intensity by doing a few of the moves the instructor does during the class. All in all the workout is done. I don't really know how many calories I burned since I still haven't figured out how to work my hrm and the spinning bikes to calculate the calories for you. I know I worked up a sweat and my heart rate was up so I'm pleased.

Congratulations to my girl NOLACHICK for not only facing the music by getting on the scale BUT because she has lossed 1 lb. Nola, use this 1 lb loss as momentum to kick everything into high gear. We are at the end of January so you know spring is knocking on our back door. You don't want to look back in March and think "what if". Btw, 300 calories burned is not bad at all, so, don't sell yourself short.

How's momma Nola enjoying her vacation thus far?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies..sorry I haven't been updating ya'll...but I HAVE been stalking this thread..haha. I get all of your updates and then I go back to work. So, I figured I'd better give ya'll a shout out! I've been doing great & feeling great! My workouts have been getting more intense and my endurance is a lot stronger. I've been able to get my runs up to 4 miles, and I do that at least 3 days a week. I also have been increasing my weights during my strength training, ChaLean Extreme exercises and I feel like I'm dropping more weight than I am. Probably because I am a lot more toned, and have replaced muscle for fat. Which is good because having more muscle burns more calories and therefore I will be able to lose more weight. I've noticed a more rapid weightloss and fat loss whlie doing my strength training. Its a great program. But, anyways, I'm hoping to weigh in on Saturday- its been a while since I last weighed in- so I'm hoping for good results! Last week was the TOM and I didn't even want to step on the scale!!!

How are you all doing??

CHOCO- you seem to be doing awesome!! way to go on your goals!! You are doing awesome!
    Nola- you are seriously kicking some butt!! Way to go girl! Hope you are enjoying your time with your momma! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
    aam- glad you got your ticker working.... i like it because it helps me look at my progress and goals. great little tool for motivation!

Have a great day ladies!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Thnx for the support ladies. I'm so happy to have this support group and yes I stalk it too while I'm at work. hahaha
    But I love hearing from you all and I love getting ur advice and tough love sometimes, cuz it pushes me to keep going.

Choco: you are so right, when March comes around I wanna look back and feel confident about looking good for spring break or summer. Would love to go to the beach one day and not worry about my body, just the sand and the sun!

Dawna: you are one tough chick. And I agree, weight training really does help! I think I sweat more and burn more after I've done Turbo Sculpt. The movements are slow but boy are my legs and arms shaking when I'm done. So glad I get to do it tho! I might add that to my routine 3x a week instead of only 1. Will definately try.

I'm not sure what my dinner plans are for tonight as yet, but I got all of 700+ cals left, and only planning on using about 300 -400 of them. I'm really craving sushi :)
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    hi ladies, i'm glad everyone is doing great on there weight lose journey. i've doing good, yesterday and today i've been doing carpentry work. the travel trailer,we are staying in was terrible. so i workedon it around 9:00 yesterday morning and didn't get done around 9 something. i finished it today.i took a few breaks yesterday. our dog had to go for a walk, so i took him. plus fix something to eat. i have to some exercises with the tapes today yet, to get some of this sorness out of me.
  • aam_84
    Options
    I am really having a hard time getting back on track with working out! Does anyone have an suggestions? I hardly worked out over the weekend and last night I had cheerleading practice until 7:30...by the time i get home I just want to do NOTHING!

Please help!?
  • nolachick
    Options
    cheerleading practice? are u the coach or the cheerleader? just making sure. Hmmm I am getting up early now to get atleast 30mins on the treadmil or walks. If you have time I'd say consider an A.M. workout.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I am really having a hard time getting back on track with working out! Does anyone have an suggestions? I hardly worked out over the weekend and last night I had cheerleading practice until 7:30...by the time i get home I just want to do NOTHING!

Please help!?

What do you currently do for exercise and at what time of the day? I prefer morning workouts b/c I know no matter how bad or hectic my day is the workout is complete. I know everyone is different so you have to really think about what time of day you can truly commit to and just do it. I have found that if I stick w/a certain routine for at least a week it becomes easier.

Keep us posted.
  • aam_84
    Options
    Ladies thank for your input! I am currently working out after work but am tired and sometimes work late ( yes im a cheerleading sponsor!). Right now I am just doing my 20 minute circuit workout with the 30 day shred dvd. I am going to start incorporating the eliptical by next week hopefully so I an get a good 30-45minute workout in. I weigh in tomorrow and am kinda scared I haven't lost or even worse gained. Wish me luck!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I would like to announce that I completed the entire 58 minutes of the Plyometrics dvd of the P90X series and I AM VERY PROUD of myself. I was a bit intimidated about taking on the task b/c I have a bad right knee BUT I did what I could and modified anything that I thought was going to be to strenuous on the knee and I feel great. While I'm sure my quads will be mad at me tomorrow I feel absolutely great at the moment.

I will continue reviewing all the dvds but I think I'm going to begin the entire P90X series next week. I'll start slow and w/lighter weights so that I don't overdo it and gradually build. When I think about it like that the program seems totally doable. Between my bad knee and arthritic lower back I'm sure I'll have to modify but I think i'm ready for the challenge.
  • aam_84
    Options
    I didn't lose or gain this week... I know its good to maintain but I wanted to see a loss in my weight. Guess I will need to step it up a notch!

Chocklickkyss-Way to go on the p90x... I hear its tough. Do you like it?
  • nolachick
    Options
    aam - don't worry sometimes ur body takes a minute to catch up. just make sure that rather than giving up next week u focus on ways to improve. also drink plenty of water to flush out ur body.

Choco - way to go on plyo! I hated that stupid dvd but it makes ur burn. I :heart: KENPO! I think u will love it too.

Stuck to my cals last night. Overslept this morning but will go home early to get my workout in this afternoon. I woke up refreshed tho, so it was totally worth it!.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Choco - way to go on plyo! I hated that stupid dvd but it makes ur burn. I :heart: KENPO! I think u will love it too.

Nola, I felt great after completing Plyo BUT I know my legs are going to be screaming tomorrow. I loved Kenpo X too which is why I plan on rocking that out tomorrow.

What's your workout going to be tonight? You must of been sleeping real well to oversleep. I can't recall the last time I awoke w/the use of the alarm clock. Since I struggle w/sleeping so much I'm usually up well before the clock. I can't wait for the day when I can actually sleep 6-8 hours a night. I'm LUCKY if I can get a solid 5 hrs.

Hope your day is going well.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Girl, we heard the alarm, my mom got up and turned it off. haha I think she realized I was really tired and needed to catch up on sleep. I cannot function with less than 6 - 8 hours of sleep. on the weekends I get atleast 8 to sometimes 12, only on weekends tho. I think sleeping is good, especially since my best workouts are in the morning. I wanna have all the energy in the world to put that much more into my workout.
    I think we will go for a walk today, if it was as long as Saturday's then I will be able to burn anywhere from 400 - 500 cals. Too bad u haven't figured out ur HRM. it really opens ur eyes to what ur doing and how much u're getting out of it. Have u tried google?
    just type in the name of the HRM and model# and I'm sure there will be an online manual, or tips for using it online.

Good luck girl, enjoy ur Kenpo X.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Nola, I totally hear you about not functioning without at least 6-8 hours of sleep. Although for me it has to be at least 7 hours. 6 hours will not cut it, and I will be a crabby girl, haha. I've been out cold during my sleeps lately, its nice. I don't hardly wake up and I am just zonked. I feel so much more refreshed, and I know its because of the exercise.

Choco, hope you start sleeping better! And hope that knee gets better. I hate when I tweek my knee because it makes exercise so much more difficult and its harder for me to burn more calories because I'm so focused on not doing more damage.

Today I am ravished. I can't stop eating. Last night I did Turbo Kick for 45 minutes and ChaLean Extreme for 35 minutes, and I burned about 850 calories. I was super full after dinner so I didn't each much after...but today I am like a bottomless pit! It feels good, and all the food going into my body is healthy food so I don't feel guilty at all. Tonight I'm planning on a run so that I can eat even more! My husband is going to make me a yummy homemade healthy stir-fry with brown rice. I'm hoping the brown rice will fill me up so I don't go too overboard. But, I'm kind of excited that my body is this hungry because it must mean my metabolism is in overdrive. And, I'm hoping for good results on the scale this week!!

Edited to say: Nola, we better start another thread.... this one is going to lock up after the next post!! :)
  • nolachick
    Options
    Thanks for noticing Dawna,

below is the link to the new thread, hope everyone joins us again and continues to post!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78722-10-in-9-part-2