Stop Begging For Friends!

Options

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hijacking this thread is working, got a request already, keep em coming! :drinker:

It was from me, teehee!

True story! Love ur glasses!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is Congratulations on losing 200lbs.. WOW
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    but if i dont beg they wont know how serious i am :sad: and then i will die alone with lots of cats and no friends on MFP.

Wait, who doesn't want lots of cats?

i think the real question here is, how many cats are to many cats?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=12&gs_id=1m&xhr=t&q=too+many+cats&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=too+many+cat&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=21d0e4627d49dd68&biw=1024&bih=325

Google will show usthe way

i just saw my future and i think its time to post thread begging for some friends, preferable males.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yay! Yet another rager on the MFP forums and FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLY, I got a post in on the first page!! WOOT woot!

So, what the hell...PuhLEASE, please, pleaseeeeeeeeee friend meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • ashesannes
    ashesannes Posts: 11
    Options
    I guess the real question is... Why does it bother YOU so much? You posting about what other people do makes you just as guilty, does it not?
  • casiefer
    casiefer Posts: 10
    Options
    This made me laugh out loud. I'm tracking calories to lose weight... not beg for friends! I agree with you!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    That's mostly what the introductions forum is for. Some people, because they aren't *kitten*, venture in there and look at these threads to see if they'd be a good fit for the newbies on this site. Other people who want to be *kitten* can do the simple thing and avoid that forum.

It's quite simple, really, and frankly there are SO many other recurring themes on the message boards to get annoyed by than some people trying to build up a base for their friends list. Having lost 201 lbs, mikemontana19, I would think that you would understand how intimidating it can be to start the process, and how important it is to build a support system. Introducing yourself and asking for like-minded people to reply so that you can add them to your friends list is probably an easier way to do that than scouring for individuals by using the "Find Members" option.

Ah Ha. Never been called a *kitten* before but I do understand how you would consider this post douchebaggish. I was just griping like I see many other people do on here. Its ok though, I have been caelled worse. Doesnt bother me. I am however laughing at how much traffic this is getting. Wasnt my intention. Then again I never have clear intentions. I just do what feels good.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hijacking this thread is working, got a request already, keep em coming! :drinker:

It was from me, teehee!

True story! Love ur glasses!

Spanks for noticing! They are my new love :-)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with begging? in the right situation...

i beg for cookies!
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Google will show us the way

I always knew my future was going to be the crazy lady with no MFP friends and a zillion cats. However I haven't gotten around to adopting any cats and now Mr 1914 is my MFP friend. I have circumvented my future! Yay!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Wow, so some guys really do experience that "time of the month". Who knew?

Of course we do. We just dont bleed. LOL.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    narko-meme-generator-if-she-wants-to-be-my-friend-i-m-ok-with-that-b02f68.jpg?1321657773.jpg

No further comment
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    what's wrong with begging? in the right situation...

Good point. LOL.
  • emhornshh
    emhornshh Posts: 2
    Options
    has anyone been having success with this app?! i'm not sure how i'm going to be able to stay away from steak and dark chocolate....help!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Um.... you do know this is the "introduce yourself" section right? AKA where people should go to find others similar to them, to ADD FRIENDS?

Don't like it, go to other areas of the forums. It's realllll simple.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I just say live and let live. When you see a topic that is begging for friends---just don't click on it...pretty simple solution! Sorry to be brut but I'm into SOLUTIONS not complaining about problems.

Very Well said Ill take that advice. Thanks.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    On this particular message board "Introduce Yourself" you will find more people asking if anyone wants to be their friend. This message board is for new members to introduce themselves and meet members. (At least that's what I got from the topic). Check out the other message boards for encouragement, new ideas, advice, or whatever else besides friends you are looking for.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I have extra tampons if you need them.

Thanks. I use them whenever I have a runny nose.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    but if i dont beg they wont know how serious i am :sad: and then i will die alone with lots of cats and no friends on MFP.

Wait, who doesn't want lots of cats?

My cats ARE my friends.
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Were you this mean when you were 200 pounds heavier? No man is an island and everyone needs help at some point. It takes courage to ask. I would hope you would share the story of your success instead of making people feel bad. I am sure people would like to know how you did it. I wouldn't dare ask... I will ask someone else... Have a nice evening :glasses:
This discussion has been closed.