Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    YUP! I am too addicted!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.. I like how there's like no one at my gym on the weekends. I can use whatever equipment I want :D
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I work out MORE on the weekends. Sunday is my long run day (10+ miles)

1. I have more time
    2. I can eat more
    Ditto on this! It's hard for me to squeeze in exercise during the week. I can throw myself completely into it on the weekend.
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    Yes on Saturday and only on Sunday if I missed one of my 5 days.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Cardio and cardio.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Well, I usually work Saturday and Sundays and Monday is my only day off most weeks. I still work out on Mondays though. Mondays are actually my long run days, because I try to use Mondays as a rest day, so I go run 7-9 miles and then just lay around the rest of the day. I typically take 1-2 rest days from exercise, depending on how I'm feeling. Sunday is almost always one so I can be fresh for my long run, and usually I end up taking Wednesday or Thursday off as well.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't do a routine but we have a blended family and all the kiddos on the weekends so I'm running around like CRAZY usually moving more than I would during a workout but stretched out over a longer time during the weekend days. I kid you not, my family is lazy and they make me exercise more than I want to! Sometimes I'll go on an hour long walk just to get out of doing yet 1 more thing that my handi-capable family is able to do for themselves but won't...just because MOMS here to do it.
  • sirisaac87
    sirisaac87 Posts: 33
    Options
    I usually rest on the weekends after a punishing week, but if I miss a workout during the week then I will use a saturday or sunday to make it up ... But I always try to atleast take either sat or sun off to just relax.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have been doing our second run through 30DS and we've been doing it Monday - Friday and then on the weekends we either get a great hike in or mountain biking depending on our work schedules. We try to get some rest for our muscles during the week.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah. Do you gain weight on Saturday or Sunday? Case closed.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    EVERY Saturday - my favorite day because I don't need to rush out to get ready for work.

I do this on Sundays :) Every Sunday!
    Saturdays are up in the air...depends on what's going on.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    both Saturday and Sunday
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Depends on my mood, but I don't do both days.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i work out just about every day(not super intense every day) but I do what I feel like doing, I find that I usually do more with this method and I plan my days off the day before(so that I can't just say eh.. I don't feel like it)
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Saturday and Sunday are usually my best days to get exercise, but I usually miss a day or two during the week because of time conflicts so I have 'floating' rest days.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yup both go jogg whenever i have time. During the week i jogg in the evening and on weekends I jog in the mornings, sometimes I only jog two miles instead of my usual 4-6
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love to workout on weekends!!!!gym is empty!!!
    I go 7 days a week:)Sometimes 6
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my long run. The only day I take off is Sunday.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I work out both days on the weekends, I found when I had my rest day on sundays I couldn't get out of the weekend without a slight gain (even if it was just water) so I switched to Mondays and it has helped me stay so much more honest on the weekends.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I work out every day, and more on the weekends. I find it impossible to sleep in, and the gym is quiet early weekend mornings. After that, at least one of the days I'll go for a long walk, a bike ride, or a hike. One bonus is that I eat very well on the weekends, lol.