He/She USED to be hot

Options

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You know, everyone ages. If they're lucky.

this.

there's only one way to stay young forever. no thanks.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some of you have your panties in a wad. This is a thread about who you think used to be hot, but no longer find attractive. It's really not that big of a deal, it's chit chat. Which, last time I checked, is what this category is for. If all you have to do with your time is flame people on forums, you seriously need to get a life. Nobody is hurting anyone else, and nobody is doing anything wrong.

here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune is just in good fun-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!

Sharing an opinion of who you think is less attractive now is not demeaning. It's an opinion.

There are some pics for instance of people even when they were "hot" that people don't think were hot at all then or now. I certainly have never liked David Bowie or Leo DiCaprio for that matter and Leo is my generations heart throb. Same goes for Justin Timberlake or any of those other band boy lackies. I think RDJ is hot and Chris Hemsworth but don't really care for Chris Evans or Jeremy Renner. Everyone has their own taste in guys or girls. I think the guys from Supernatural are cute but don't like the guys from 90210 or Gossip Girl. To each their own, especially when it comes to attraction.
  • beachplumkat
    beachplumkat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Re: Kathleen Turner -- She has severe rheumatoid arthritis and has been on serious steroid therapy for years.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Wow, does this thread ever need a Midol... It's one thread, on an entire forum. Lighten the eff UP. I don't agree with faulting celebrities for "ageing badly" just because they have aged, period... but there are some who have really, really let themselves go for their current age, or they have done horrible things to themselves under the knife... and in an image-based industry, no less. It's the loss of what could have been, had they taken better care of themselves. It doesn't mean that we don't acknowledge that we have let ourselves go, too. Why aren't the lot of you hysterically screeching at the other half of the internet, which is composed of innumerable celebrity gossip sites that are far more critical?

again-what's the point of bringing up the misfortune of other people? It's not positive in ANY way and this is a site to help motivate and encourage people. Even if it's in Chit Chat-it would have been much nicer to see people take the high road an applaud those that have managed to age well, and become healthy and fit later in their life. I'm done-you obviously can't understand this point of view. So enjoy yourself if you will..........
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some of you have your panties in a wad. This is a thread about who you think used to be hot, but no longer find attractive. It's really not that big of a deal, it's chit chat. Which, last time I checked, is what this category is for. If all you have to do with your time is flame people on forums, you seriously need to get a life. Nobody is hurting anyone else, and nobody is doing anything wrong.
    here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!
    Wait...these rich and famous (or at least formerly rich and famous) people are less fortunate than us? Now THAT is hilarious.

No panties on to get in a wad.:P You're the ones flaming people, we weren't. I have a life. A very good one, and I've always looked fantastic, so..maybe I'm more generous towards others, or celebrities that are aging because I've never needed the boost in self esteem that comes from tearing down someone else's appearance. Once again, I appreciate the joy they brought to my life no matter what they look like now, or then. Behaviors and actions. ;)
    Have at it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Re: Kathleen Turner -- She has severe rheumatoid arthritis and has been on serious steroid therapy for years.
    Wow that sucks...she was so beautiful back in the day.

In the last season of Friends, she poked some fun at herself by playing Chandler's "Dad" who dressed in drag. She clearly has a sense of humor at least!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    How about everyone post their hot young HS pictures then post your current pics :smile:

I'm sure everyone used to be hot

I'm game.

Me in August of 1990. I was 17 years old. A bit of photo shopping to hide the pimples. :wink:

me3.jpg

Me 1 month ago. I am 39 years old. This picture was taken almost 22 years later to the date. Taken by my 9 year old daughter with my Canon Rebel. No photo shopping.

ME2.jpg

There. Now...I dare you all!!! :wink:
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options

here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune is just in good fun-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!

Sharing an opinion of who you think is less attractive now is not demeaning. It's an opinion.

There are some pics for instance of people even when they were "hot" that people don't think were hot at all then or now. I certainly have never liked David Bowie or Leo DiCaprio for that matter and Leo is my generations heart throb. Same goes for Justin Timberlake or any of those other band boy lackies. I think RDJ is hot and Chris Hemsworth but don't really care for Chris Evans or Jeremy Renner. Everyone has their own taste in guys or girls. I think the guys from Supernatural are cute but don't like the guys from 90210 or Gossip Girl. To each their own, especially when it comes to attraction.

Exactly my point. Everyone has their own opinion of who they think is attractive/isn't. & just because someone thinks a person used to be attractive, but no longer finds them to be (or vice versa) doesn't make them judgemental. It's their opinion. For example...I didn't find Ryan Seacrest attractive when he was younger, but I find him attractive now. Does that make me judgemental or demeaning? I don't believe so. I think Charlie Sheen used to be smokin', but I don't find him good looking now. Judgemental? I think not. Just my opinion.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    she didn't need all that surgery... and it's starting to turn on her in 2012 lol

heidimontagbeforeandaft.jpg

heidi-montag-bday-1-281x211.jpg?height=211&quality=0.91
  • Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    How do you post pics in the threads?
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    How about everyone post their hot young HS pictures then post your current pics :smile:

I'm sure everyone used to be hot

If I did that, you would see that I look way better now. Weight loss does that to you I guess, that and only being 22. I still get mistaken for a 14-16 year old sometimes :(
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pammy
    pamyoung.jpg

pamold-1.jpg

I think she would look fine, older, but fine if she just took that stupid makeup off her face and let the botox in her lips die down ..... she would look so much younger without all of that, she is trying too hard

I was thinking the opposite... She needs some serious filler around her lips and forehead and a chemical peel wouldnt hurt her... She looks rode hard and hung up wet... And she is my age... Thank God for good genes...
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Celebrities are people who have put themselves out there to be judged by the world, and I'm sure none of them under any delusions that they look fantastic still...

EXACTLY.

to be judged by the world are you kidding me! LMAO

Yes, I'm an actress. I should know. You do get judge by directors, fellow actors, the audience. That's life. Deal with it.

.....so how come we never heard of you?

Anyway...did you ever think that actors just want to act? Maybe some of them aren't out there for judgement and celebrity status, they just wanna do what they're good at.

Just because I act doesn't mean I'm famous, honey. And if that's the case, they shouldn't be actors. Take a journalism class and learn about libel laws and how they apply to private individuals vs. public officials and you well get what I'm saying.

Of course I knew that, honey. I acted in the 4th grade play so I'm an actress too.

And I'll pass on the journalism classes. I'm done with college and made sure I went to a school that didn't make me waste time in a class like that. Maybe you should take an acting class and you might make it big :smile:

Wow!! Just wow!!! I looked at this thread because I was curious to see what some of the people I grew up with watching looked like now, because I don't really look at celebrity news type stories. I haven't posted any pics good or bad and the only comments I have made on any pics are how hot RDJ is. The reason I'm replying to you however is that you talk about people being mean and making fun of celebrities because of how they look now or how they let themselves go but here you are bashing someone on a forum for their profession and insulting their college career and what classes people may or may not have taken. Seriously??? How are you any better then any of the people bashing the celebrities, and that makes you a nice person?

I just got readmitted into college after being out of school for 7-8 years raising my children. I am a physics major and I already had an AA degree so the University of Utah isn't going to make me take any general classes except for maybe American History, but any new incoming students have to take 2 courses minimum in each of the different areas of study that aren't for their major. So me being a science major that means I would have had to take 2 fine arts courses, 2 humanities types, and 2 social science types. If someone picks journalism as one of their "rounding out their education" courses or electives or just something to mark of a gen ed requirement then that's their prerogative and just because a college offers journalism doesn't mean its a crappy university either. Not to mention that I don't think anyone in the media gets by without some kind of journalism course of some sort. You don't see me going around insulting people who work in psychology or sociology or something saying they didn't get a real education because their science isn't "real" science or because they never took calc or quantum mechanics or diff equations. Jeesh.

And really? Maybe she is young and fairly new at acting. Maybe she has been acting in local theater or in smaller movies or commercials or trying to get into a tv show. Everyone has to start somewhere. My biggest thing is just how hypocritical you are from just one post to the next on the same thread.

I said I tried to avoid those classes for myself. I'm an engineer and I don't enjoy any type of journalism, liberal studies, history, sociology classes, etc etc etc. For my electives I took all the easy ones like opera and art history because I didn't have time to be bothered with those classes. I'm sure many people in those majors may not enjoy electronic power systems classes either. Just like I was forced to take waste of time electives, it would be funny to see the reverse and have liberal arts majors be forced to take some of my beginner core classes.

Anyway, back to the actress. She passed a wild know it all blanket statement about all actors as if she just "knows" actors. My brother happens to be an actor who works in a small theatre company and I can tell you that actors aren't looking to be judged. They truly enjoy their craft and want to work at getting better for themselves. Many actors, if they happen to get famous, its considered a bonus. Another thing too, many actors will say we're all actors technically so how did I insult her?
  • delaney056
    Options
    here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!
    Wait...these rich and famous (or at least formerly rich and famous) people are less fortunate than us? Now THAT is hilarious.

No panties on to get in a wad.:P You're the ones flaming people, we weren't. I have a life. A very good one, and I've always looked fantastic, so..maybe I'm more generous towards others, or celebrities that are aging because I've never needed the boost in self esteem that comes from tearing down someone else's appearance. Once again, I appreciate the joy they brought to my life no matter what they look like now, or then. Behaviors and actions. ;)
    Have at it!

I never tore down anyone's appearance. I simply stated that I don't find Charlie Sheen attractive anymore. How is that tearing him down? It's an opinion.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Have at it!
    OMG...GET OVER YOURSELF! Not everything has some deep psychological roots.

I didn't start this thread to get a boost of self-esteem...because I feel great, and have a great life too! It was simply an afterthought to the 'who other people think is hot that you don't" thread....and was a harmless commentary about people who don't look anything like they once did. The first few pages were light and funny, till the buzzkillers had to move in and hijack it by defending the "poor unfortunate celebrities".

OK, we get it..YOU are a wonderful and kind person, and you can sleep good tonight knowing that you've done your part to defend these 'underdogs"...congratuations,....I'm sure Val Kilmer sends his undying gratitute. Me?...I'm going to sleep good tonight too, because no celebrities were actually hurt in the posting of this thread!
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Chris Cornell... awesome musician of the 90s, esp in Soundgarden.... *the mustache*

scaled.php?server=221&filename=chriscornellearly1990s.jpg&res=landing
    scaled.php?server=513&filename=chriscornell12400.jpg&res=landing

smh

Chris Cornell is so hot!

I second that!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    How do you post pics in the threads?
    go to the properties of the photo by right clicking it, get the address then paste that text it in between "img" "/img" Only put the square brackets in place of the quotation marks
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Some of these people are their own worst enemy, like Lyndsay Lohan or Tara Reid, but people like John Travolta are probably heavier than they need to be, but are in reality just older.

Look at pictures of your parents and grandparents from age 20 to age 60.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Have at it!

I didn't start this thread to get a boost of self-esteem...because I feel great, and have a great life too! It was simply an afterthought to the 'who other people think is hot that you don't" thread....and was a harmless commentary about people who don't look anything like they once did. The first few pages were light and funny, till the buzzkillers had to move in and hijack it by defending the "poor unfortunate celebrities".

OK, we get it..YOU are a wonderful and kind person, and you can sleep good tonight knowing that you've done your part to defend these 'underdogs"...congratuations,....I'm sure Val Kilmer sends his undying gratitute.

Me...I'm going to sleep good tonight too, because no celebrities were actually hurt in the posting of this thread!

...does this mean you're gonna post a pic when you we're 18? I wanna see the before and after with non famous people too.
  • delaney056
    Options
    Have at it!

OK, we get it..YOU are a wonderful and kind person, and you can sleep good tonight knowing that you've done your part to defend these 'underdogs"...congratuations,....I'm sure Val Kilmer sends his undying gratitute.

Me...I'm going to sleep good tonight too, because no celebrities were actually hurt in the posting of this thread!

Well, apparently if you don't find someone attractive it is because you have self-esteem issues.