NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,773 Member
    No sweets for me either.

I'm with Marla, except mine seems to be pre TOM bloating. If there was a switch to just get it started already I would have flipped it two days ago! Between hormones and being crampy for 3 days straight I could really eat that whole freaking bucket of Halloween candy right now. Ugh! The joys of womanhood.

On a positive, not so grumpy note....... Giving a shout out to all my sweet free peeps! Proud of ya!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    no sweets-- yeeeee haaaaaaaaaa--
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    I didn't do so well over the weekend....fell off the wagon with one of my fav desserts. Back on track today though doing well so far.

Way to go ladies...you are definitely motivation for me to do better!!

Have an awesome sweet-free week. :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Good day today!

I passed up cake at work...not just regular birthday cake, but the one they get to celebrate 25th anniversaries with the company. I've had it before, so I knew I wasn't really missing out. I just went back upstairs and ate my apple with the yummy Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter for snack. It was heavenly.

Yep, I'm back on track. Yay me!
  • 72lori
    Today was rough. Really rough.

I ate a sugar free pudding with a little spoonful of cool whip for dinner. I don't really consider that a cheat, it was necessary to not kill anyone and I didn't eat cookies, cakes or donuts. 21 days with none of that crap!
  • Marla64

I ate a sugar free pudding with a little spoonful of cool whip for dinner. I don't really consider that a cheat, it was necessary to not kill anyone and I didn't eat cookies, cakes or donuts. 21 days with none of that crap!

Nope-- it's all good, Lori --

it's not like you indulged in pumpkin spice bars with homemade cream cheese frosting or anything--

you're still the reigning champ, I do believe.
  • 72lori

Nope-- it's all good, Lori --

it's not like you indulged in pumpkin spice bars with homemade cream cheese frosting or anything--

you're still the reigning champ, I do believe.

Champ. Funny. I don't look at it as a competition with anybody but myself. I've never gone this long and I hate to blow it now. I set out to make it to Thanksgiving and I've made it further and done better than I thought I could. When I post how many days it's been, it's not to say 'I've done better than you', I don't think of it that way. I post how many days it's been because I can't figgin believe I made it that far.

I think if we all do the best we can for ourselves, it's all good. Marla, so what, you had a spice bar with homemade cream cheese frosting. You also jumped right back on and have stayed away from sweets since then. That's something to be proud of too!
  • Marla64
    well, you're sweet-- I'm competing against myself, too--

But, there's always a bit of "Hey, if she can, I can-- " I never knew I had a competitive edge to me. But, my neighbor told me she went 4.4 miles, so I set out to try 5-- not to shove it in her face, for I haven't even told her, but just to push myself--

So, compete against me or you-- it's all good-- bottom line, we're taking these sweets captive.

Woot!!!!!

:heart: :heart: to you all--
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 169 Member
    Please don't talk about pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting! lol! I got 6 of them as a "gift" and ate two last nite before i ran them out to the garbage can. lol! I had to throw them away or i would have ate them all! My monthly visitor isnt being kind to me either! :frown:
  • 72lori
    well, you're sweet-- I'm competing against myself, too--

But, there's always a bit of "Hey, if she can, I can-- " I never knew I had a competitive edge to me. But, my neighbor told me she went 4.4 miles, so I set out to try 5-- not to shove it in her face, for I haven't even told her, but just to push myself--

So, compete against me or you-- it's all good-- bottom line, we're taking these sweets captive.

Woot!!!!!

:heart: :heart: to you all--

I see where you are coming from. I look at this site as a place to encourage and help one another. If me saying "Hey, I'm on day 22 sweets free" pushes others, then cool.

I guess it's the same when we were posting caloires burned. I never cared if I had the highest, but seeing what others could burn was an inspiration and push to do more.
  • Marla64
    hey, my friends....

no sweets today....woot woot woot .

and I opened a package of mini M&M's for Josh, too....wow.
  • 72lori
    None for me either. I'm hanging strong but trying to figure out how to do this after Thanksgiving. Maybe once a week. I think I need to have something to look forward to. What I can't let happen is to get out of control with it and have sweets daily.

Right now I'm still riding the excitement of the challenge. I'm not 100% sure it's realistic to keep this up forever. I miss sweets and it's possible to eat them in moderation on occasion, at least I hope so.

Gotta find what works.
  • Marla64
    None for me either. I'm hanging strong but trying to figure out how to do this after Thanksgiving. Maybe once a week. I think I need to have something to look forward to. What I can't let happen is to get out of control with it and have sweets daily.

Right now I'm still riding the excitement of the challenge. I'm not 100% sure it's realistic to keep this up forever. I miss sweets and it's possible to eat them in moderation on occasion, at least I hope so.

Gotta find what works.

After Thanksgiving, I'm going to try and go again til Christmas eve-- we bake tons of goodies that I need to stay away from. Fudge, cookies, pumpkin crud-- all sorts of goodies.

Wow-- did I just say "try" yipes--

Try this again--

After Thanksgiving, I'm going to go sweet free til Christmas eve--

after that, I'll regroup and see how it goes.

Good job, Lori and everybody--
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Hey Ladies...just checking in. I've been sweet-free Mon-Wed this week! I saw a Snickers last night and remembered the chocolate truffles in my freezer, but I refrained!

Keep up the good work ladies..sounds like everyone is doing well!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Doing awesome now that I'm back at it after the weekend. :bigsmile:

Last night, the BF pulled out the leftover pumpkin spice cupcakes I made (and the cream cheese icing)...I almost caved and had one with him, but I just decided to go to bed instead. Yay me!
  • Marla64

Last night, the BF pulled out the leftover pumpkin spice cupcakes I made (and the cream cheese icing)...I almost caved and had one with him, but I just decided to go to bed instead. Yay me!

Good job, Shuntae....

I'm doing well with the sweets. Doing well with exercise and calories...and you'd never freakin' know it. Freakin' hormones and water. I'm up 5 pounds and no signs of it going away.

I'll wake up one day this week and poof, it'll be gone. Womanhood....I really hate it sometimes.
  • 72lori

Good job, Shuntae....

I'm doing well with the sweets. Doing well with exercise and calories...and you'd never freakin' know it. Freakin' hormones and water. I'm up 5 pounds and no signs of it going away.

I'll wake up one day this week and poof, it'll be gone. Womanhood....I really hate it sometimes.

Marla and I are singing the same tune this week. Mine was more like 2.5 today, but close enough.

I have been eating well, I have not eaten any sweets. There is no reason, other than hormones for that stupid scale to be up.

I'm a patient woman, I don't expect too much. I'll give it until tomorrow to go back down! :tongue: Just kidding. I've finally accepted scale fluctuation as part of life and I don't really stress over it so much.
  • Marla64

Good job, Shuntae....

Marla and I are singing the same tune this week. Mine was more like 2.5 today, but close enough.

I have been eating well, I have not eaten any sweets. There is no reason, other than hormones for that stupid scale to be up.

I'm a patient woman, I don't expect too much. I'll give it until tomorrow to go back down! :tongue: Just kidding. I've finally accepted scale fluctuation as part of life and I don't really stress over it so much.

Nah-- it's not so much the number that bugs the crap out of me, it's the freakin muffin top that I never have-- and all of a sudden I'm spilling over my jeans. My husband made some comment today about the jeans being too tight-- I'm surprised he's still standing.

"What-- are you a freakin' two year old? You can't censor yourself ever? Every stupid thought that pops into your head must come vomiting out of your face? Why don't you just shut the hell up?"

Whaddyagonnado?

Just had a 1/4 cup of raisins-- yummy substitute for sweets.

Later-- this too shall pass-- or else. :grumble:
  • Marla64
    awful quiet in here--

No sweets for me-- but I feel like crap. Bloating beyond belief, and TOM gone already-- hot flashes, short of breath

Grand to be a woman-- :grumble:

Whaddyagonnado?
  • i am somewhat apprehensive about this thread.
    Perhaps this isn't true for all, but research has show that depriving yourself of the foods you love, including the occasional piece of dark chocolate or scoop of ice cream, can lead to overindulgence...
    Part of the cycle of unhealthy relationships with food stems from telling yourself you "can't have" certain things, including sugar in moderation.
    I applaud all of you for pulling together to test your will power if it something you feel you need to better your weight loss journey.
    But as I see it, it is an unsustainable plan...and if it were me, man, would I binge once thanksgiving came and I could finally eat sugar again!
    Please take my advice as simply another opinion.
    This is simply how I feel, and I would never want anyone to have to go through the mental and physical anguish of overindulging with something you've told yourself you can't have.
    In truth, it is all about balance. There will ALWAYS be candy, cookies, cakes, sugar around weather it be at the office, a party, a family gathering, etc. I just really feel it is important to teach yourself good habits
    that can extend past Thanksgiving and on through your entire life! And you can still eat what you want!
    That you for allowing me to express my opinion.
    I know I could have just as easily not said anything, but if anyone feels as I do or someone can recognize this may happen to them, then I think it is important.
    There is no one-size-fits-all plan to weightloss. Everyone needs to do what is best for them!
    I commend all of you!
    Best of luck, all!
    Sincerely, -OB:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.