NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,773 Member
    I am new in this group but I am so in this!!!! I am a huge sweet eater and trying hard to avoid them, that and soda!!! I haven't had a soda in 4 days which is huge for me, so proud. But I got up this morning and my tummy looks like it is flatter :happy: !!! Could I be doing this right after all these years ?!?

Wooo Hoooo! Way to go. It gets easier and I DO think it makes a difference in belly size.

I am still hanging strong. Day 18 for me. I've been dabbling with the idea of not eating any at Thanksgiving either. Hmmm, we'll see how it goes between now and then.
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    I did good yesterday and had no sweets! I was eye-balling the Halloween candy, but I kept walking and had cheerios with skim milk instead. I'm trying to stay good today too but I have a party to go to tonight. I already saw 3 people said they would bring dessert. Yikes!! Hopefully it won't be anything chocolate, will be store bought, unappetizing and easy to resist!!!

Wish me luck!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I am new in this group but I am so in this!!!! I am a huge sweet eater and trying hard to avoid them, that and soda!!! I haven't had a soda in 4 days which is huge for me, so proud. But I got up this morning and my tummy looks like it is flatter :happy: !!! Could I be doing this right after all these years ?!?

Wooo Hoooo! Way to go. It gets easier and I DO think it makes a difference in belly size.

I am still hanging strong. Day 18 for me. I've been dabbling with the idea of not eating any at Thanksgiving either. Hmmm, we'll see how it goes between now and then.

You know, Lori-- I struggle with that, too--

'Cause when we let 'em back in our system again, they'll take hold once again--

But, a life with no desserts? Hmmm-- I'm never really an extremist like that--

So-- I don't know-- as it is, I can't have any until the Saturday after because of my two days of slips-- hopefully by then, the pecan pie will be gone.
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Lost a couple of pounds and have not even been tempted since my slip. I am going to need extra support when my husband leaves the country for 10 days and I get to play single parent!
  • 72lori

You know, Lori-- I struggle with that, too--

'Cause when we let 'em back in our system again, they'll take hold once again--

But, a life with no desserts? Hmmm-- I'm never really an extremist like that--

So-- I don't know-- as it is, I can't have any until the Saturday after because of my two days of slips-- hopefully by then, the pecan pie will be gone.

Yep, a life with no desserts. Imagine. I LOVE desserts. I am afraid once I start I will spiral out of control. One is never enough.

When I first started this new life, sweets were an occasional treat. As I lost the weight and got closer to goal, they started entering my daily life more and more, til before you know it you NEED it every day.

I still eat sweet stuff- my fruit, my yogurt, my occasional sugar free pudding. I drink a fruit and yogurt smoothie almost every day and it's yummy and sweet. It's enough to keep me in check.

I have family on both sides who struggle with high sugar levels, both my maternal grandmother and my dad. Both are/were able to control it with diet. Why test the waters to continue to let sweets in my life?

Thanksgiving will be here at our house. I can refrain if I want. Just hubs, me and the kids. Christmas. Whew. Already dreading the trip home. Home to Pennsylvania for me equals gaining 5-8 pounds. At least it did both trips this summer. I don't want to do it again. Last year over the holidays this was all pretty new and I actually came back from my trip down a few pounds.

Anyway, I'm hoping if I can keep this up, by Christmas it won't even bother me to not eat all the goodies.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Day 3 in the bag! And, today I had homemade chocolate chip cookies, which are one of my favorite things on earth, staring me in the face. Just kept passing right on by them. Whoo hoo!
  • Marla64
    Day 3 in the bag! And, today I had homemade chocolate chip cookies, which are one of my favorite things on earth, staring me in the face. Just kept passing right on by them. Whoo hoo!

Good job, Shuntae!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80

Thanks, lady! See, it's not so bad once I am not eating them...and even if I control it enough to be an *occasional* treat. It's just being able to keep it at occasional that is tough sometimes. I'm not willing to go through the rest of my life without a cookie or other such yummy thing, so I just have to always have that control.

(Love the new pic!)
  • Marla64

Thanks, lady! See, it's not so bad once I am not eating them...and even if I control it enough to be an *occasional* treat. It's just being able to keep it at occasional that is tough sometimes. I'm not willing to go through the rest of my life without a cookie or other such yummy thing, so I just have to always have that control.

(Love the new pic!)

Thank you, my friend--

I'm rather with you-- what I think I have to do is truly go monthly-- no sweets til Thanksgiving-- then none til Christmas day-- et cetera-- otherwise, they do tend to take hold. Even working them into my calories doesn't seem to matter--

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    00020403.gif
  • 72lori
    Crashed and burned and caved and went to a Chinese buffet with the family, ate too much, BUT I did not eat sweets, but oh, how I wanted to. I wanted ice cream. I wanted one of those sugar donut things. I wanted a cookie. I wanted a creme puff. I wanted the orange creamsicle popsicle.

I was ready to cave. I dreamed of filling my plate with sugary goodness. I thought of you guys. I thought of coming on here and fessing up to what I had done. I thought how many days I had gone, how much I had already passed by and survived. All those thoughts rolling through my head kept me from doing it.

Thanks sweet free friends.
  • arewethereyet
    Sure all that sodium needs to be squashed by the creamy milkig sweetness. :angry:

It really is a down hill battle in this healthy eating...dang!! :grumble: :grumble:

I had a bowl of frozen candy in front of me and decided to log on here.

I am so thankful I did. I just put it away and did not eat a one!!

WOOT:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Lori and Jeannie-- I am so proud of you both.

I am so thankful for the friends I've made here and at home that motivate me to keep moving.

You raise me up, people--
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 169 Member

I am so thankful for the friends I've made here and at home that motivate me to keep moving.

I second that!:happy:
    I did good again today, I really think this is what i needed to help me get motivated to watch what i eat! I couldn't do it without seeing how good everyone else is doing. Maybe it's just the knowing that im not alone in this weight loss struggle that helps me keep going.
    Shelly
  • Marla64

I second that!:happy:
    I did good again today, I really think this is what i needed to help me get motivated to watch what i eat! I couldn't do it without seeing how good everyone else is doing. Maybe it's just the knowing that im not alone in this weight loss struggle that helps me keep going.
    Shelly

Shelly-- you're not alone, my friend-- :flowerforyou:

So glad you had a good day-- :smile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Hey y'all!

Made it through going out to dinner last night...we took advantage of one of those 2 for $30 deals that a lot of restaurants are doing now. It came with an appetizer and dessert to share, along with 2 entrees. We were both too full after the food last night, so I made it through that...but I confess, I had 3 bites of some heavenly cheesecake this morning. Not proud that I caved, but extremely proud that I didn't eat my full half and that I don't plan on it.

So worth it, though. Back on track the rest of today.
  • 72lori
    Hey y'all!

Made it through going out to dinner last night...we took advantage of one of those 2 for $30 deals that a lot of restaurants are doing now. It came with an appetizer and dessert to share, along with 2 entrees. We were both too full after the food last night, so I made it through that...but I confess, I had 3 bites of some heavenly cheesecake this morning. Not proud that I caved, but extremely proud that I didn't eat my full half and that I don't plan on it.

So worth it, though. Back on track the rest of today.

Good job girl! Really, that's what it's about. It's not about NEVER eating anything sweet again. It's being in control.

Last night I could have had a bite of something at dinner, but I wanted to fill a whole plate with sugar crap, that's why I decided to have none. The fact that I wanted that whole plate made me realize it was better at this point to have none.
  • Marla64
    Well, Joshie and I seem to have a good pact going--

Bought the kids each a donut at the grocery store bakery-- to die for-- he eats the top half with all the gooey, vanilla frosting and then hands me the left over bready part.

No sweets!

Beyond that, doing well-- waiting for TOM bloating to give me a freaking break. I'm Mrs. Puff again today, heck with SpongeMarla-- my body has amped it up a notch. Ugh.

Oh well-- I know with my 5 mile runs this week I'm good on the calories-- when it's all gone this week, I'll be in good shape.

Hope you're all having a good day--
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 169 Member
    Doing good with no sweets, i had a toaster strudel this a.m. I know i shouldnt have, but i gave the frosting to my daughter, so i figured that saved me some calories. Hope everyone is doing well and in good health.:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    no sweets for me!! :glasses:
This discussion has been closed.