NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love the pics, Marla! How was the banquet?!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Why I just shouldn't do it..... I made apple crisp last night. I ate some after dinner. A dinner that I was already very full from, yet ate it anyway. It was yummy. How can a stick of butter and a cup and a half of sugar and some flour crunchy goodness on top not taste good?

There was a little left sitting on the stove. The spoon was still there. I kept thinking about it. I finally caved and went and ate a spoonful. Put the spoon in the sink. A little while later got another spoon, another spoonful, spoon in sink. Repeat like 4 times.

I was not hungry, but it was calling so loud, I couldn't resist it. By the time I went to bed I was starving. I went from ridiculously full to starving in the matter of an hour. My stomach was growling. My heart was racing. I was laying in bed feeling my pounding heart from the sugar high relaizing how stupid the choices I just made were.

No good comes from eating spoonfulls of sugar. Just sayin'.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love the pics, Marla! How was the banquet?!

It was incredible-- emotional.
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay-- got a wonderful gift this morning on the scale-- read the same as Sunday morning when I left, which was already kind-- things are creeping back south again--

Back on track today peeps-- no more Swiss chocolates, donuts or apple crisp-- tried and true, my friends.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well, go figure-- I meant to say "No Sweets til Thanksgiving Eve" on this thread--

Just had some chocolate-- 348 calories of it-- that'll be my lunch. Stupid.

but it's done-- :ohwell:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I licked the bowl a tiny bit after I put the filling for my pumpkin pie in the crust this morning. Not good for me, but I really did enjoy those morsels. Can't wait to taste the pie tomorrow...and then get back on track.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Well, go figure-- I meant to say "No Sweets til Thanksgiving Eve" on this thread--

Just had some chocolate-- 348 calories of it-- that'll be my lunch. Stupid.

but it's done-- :ohwell:

I have had a dreadful time of it. One screw up after another. I'm over it, no sense in beating myself up.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Enjoy your pie today, my friends-- guilt free--

We'll regroup in the next couple of days for our Christmas efforts--

God bless us all this day, my friends--
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Happy Thanksgiving all! I am ready to get on track with the no sweets until Christmas!!! I will be watching for it. I'm going to try to recruit a friend too!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I've eaten my share of sweets today. I feel like it too. Bloated, indigestion, blah! As much as I love them, I can't deny the fact that I feel so much better without them. I'm not saying I won't have another slice of pie with ice cream before the night is out, but I am saying I will be happy tomorrow to get back to eating well so I feel good again.
  • Marla64
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/71917-no-sweets-til-christmas

Next sweets challenge-- who's with me?

Hope you all had a great day--
    thanksgiving-1.gif
    God bless us all this day, my friends--