NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Just popping in on your thread to ask if there is a "no sweets til Christmas" group started somewhere? If not, will any of you be starting one? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Hi kelynn--

Yes, Ma'am-- there will be a new thread after Thanksgiving-- so far Leckel and I plan to carry on through Christmas--

Count me in... luckily my birthday is the day BEFORE Thanksgiving so I can have that Reese's ice cream cake I've been dreaming about since I saw it in the store in August without failing at the challenge... :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    great-- !!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Just popping in on your thread to ask if there is a "no sweets til Christmas" group started somewhere? If not, will any of you be starting one? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Hi kelynn--

Yes, Ma'am-- there will be a new thread after Thanksgiving-- so far Leckel and I plan to carry on through Christmas--

Me too, me too! Well, after my piece of pumpkin cheesecake on Turkey Day, anyhow. :laugh:
  • Marla64

Hi kelynn--

Me too, me too! Well, after my piece of pumpkin cheesecake on Turkey Day, anyhow. :laugh:

Yepper-- and my pecan pie. It's been in my freezer staring at me for 2 weeks.
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Wish I could say that but I just had inlaws visiting and have been pigging out on junk and good stuff. Maybe I can join now until Turkey day. Wish I could be stronger around the sweet stuff...:cry:

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/theheismanvote/2009/index?aff_code=espn_contests
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126

Hi kelynn--

Yepper-- and my pecan pie. It's been in my freezer staring at me for 2 weeks.

I just had to go and purchase myself some gluten free peanut butter cookies to take to my boyfriend's Mom's for Thanksgiving since anything with gluten is a no-no for me. I wish I could have pie and cake with everyone else, but I can't. It's ok... maybe it will help with the weight loss :laugh:
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 169 Member
    Hi everyone! It's been a while, thought I would stop by to say I've been doing ok... with no sweets. I slipped up a couple times, but I really need to get back to exercise, SLACKING. Hope all is well with everyone. Your all in my prayers. Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,773 Member
    I had a bad day, won't even get into telling all I ate that I shouldn't have- sweets included. :noway: The last few days have been out of routine, throws me everytime. I hate that it throws me, but it does.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    14 days down, 5 to go...I got this! But then, I did buy some sugar free dark chocolate pudding on our shopping trip today so I don't know how long that will last.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    I had a bad day, won't even get into telling all I ate that I shouldn't have- sweets included. :noway: The last few days have been out of routine, throws me everytime. I hate that it throws me, but it does.

Life happens to us, and we just have to roll with it and just pick right back up. You know how to do this because you have been doing it for months. You'll get there!
  • Marla64
    Yep-- back on the horse, Lori--
  • 72lori
    Yep-- back on the horse, Lori--

Um, ur, tomorrow. :grumble:
  • Marla64
    eeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr keessshhhhhhhhhh whooooooooffffffffff--

that's the sound of me crashing and burning on the sweets yesterday-- went to the banquet-- key lime tart for dessert, plus they gave all parents a box of Swiss chocolates-- they were gone by nights end.

Yummy, though--
  • 72lori
    eeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr keessshhhhhhhhhh whooooooooffffffffff--

that's the sound of me crashing and burning on the sweets yesterday-- went to the banquet-- key lime tart for dessert, plus they gave all parents a box of Swiss chocolates-- they were gone by nights end.

Yummy, though--

Yeah well. Glad it's not just me. :tongue: Truly though, it's very hard when you are out of your element and confronted with tempation.

I guess that's where the moderation part enters. Stay away most of the time, enjoy when you treat yourself on occasion and don't feel bad about it. That's why some people won't call it a 'cheat'. To cheat seems bad. To allow yourself a treat every now and then is ok.
  • Marla64
    hard part is getting it back outta your system-- just had a doughnut-- wth?

Idiot!

No more tonight-- start fresh in the morning.
  • Marla64
    Swiss chocolates captured on film-- by my brat daughter.
    100_7764.jpg
    Whoops!

100_7765.jpg
    Eh-- what the hell?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Glad you enjoyed your trip...and the Swiss chocolates, Marla!

I had some sugar free dark chocolate pudding with my lunch yesterday...and it was really good. Proud that I savored it and stopped there. Didn't have any of the pumpkin cake today at work, though. I'm feeling good and in control of it again, and I like that.
  • 72lori
    hard part is getting it back outta your system-- just had a doughnut-- wth?

Idiot!

No more tonight-- start fresh in the morning.

Yup. I went a month, blew it Saturday, Sunday and just had apple crisp, so add Monday to the list. It's evil and it's taken over again! I am stuffed. I am so full. Yet, all I can think about is that still warm apple crisp with the crunchy goodness sitting on my stove. I have enough kids, can't one of them just finish it off already?
  • 72lori
    Swiss chocolates captured on film-- by my brat daughter.
    100_7764.jpg
    Whoops!

100_7765.jpg
    Eh-- what the hell?

I love that first picture. It's so much better to blow it when nobody is looking.
  • Marla64
    seriously-- stinkin' brat.

Can't imagine where she gets her brattiness-- obviously her father's side.:wink:
This discussion has been closed.