Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options

Replies

• KrisThomas1964
    Options
    My mother once told me we are related to ( Virginia Wade ) the tennis player from the 1960's
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Im related to Richard Dawkins, the famous atheist or whatever.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    My grandmother is really big on tracing our family tree back all of the way to the Prince of Wales but I know for sure that I am related to the members of the country music group - Alabama -I am related to both Randy Owen (Lead singer) & Teddy Gentry (Lead Guitarist) & they are related by marriage and they are from Shepherdsville, where the Owen & Gentry families are from which is also my last name and where my family is from...It's pretty cool - When I saw the way that we are related and how closely related we are...It was a pretty big deal when I was younger that is for sure....That is all I got though...lol

Love this topic....Very fun to read!! :)

ETA: Pictures - In case anyone didn't know who they were....They are still around too.. :)

Alabamacover.jpg

Alabamatheband.jpg
  • Rystmom
    Rystmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My great (unsure how many) grandfather Stephen Chandlier is a documented medal of valor recipient from the civil war!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Naomi, Wynonna, & Ashley Judd are my cousins. My mom brags about it all the time, no I've never met them in person.
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    John Wilkes Booth. The murderer of our 16th President, Abe Lincoln.
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    The mafia.

I've already said too much.

My husband's mom side of the family is Italian Mafia. Even told him, if we ever need anyone taken care of :wink: just let them know. Yea....we haven't took them up on the offer.
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    Lol. I actually am related to the Queen of England. On my Dad's side, our family tree goes back to the time of Henry VIII etc. :laugh:

Not related to the royal family, but my husbands father's side were body guards to the royal family.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh man - my dads side (scandinavian/eastern european) are descended from a few E.European royal familes, including the Transylvanian Royals (probably on the wrong side of the sheets, but hey) which lands me in the bloodline of Vlad the Impaler. And Elizabeth Bathory. As in, bathes in the blood of a thousand virgins Elizabeth Bathory. Woot.

Mums side is a big melting pot of welsh witches, coal miners and communists.

My favorite celeb relation is one of my close friends - she's a grandneice of the actress who plays Mrs Slowcombe on Are You Being Served? The friend in question is a standup, so all is right with the world.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Considering every generation you go back has double the people of the subsequent one (obviously) it doesn't take that long before your number of direct ancestors is greater than the human poulation at the time. So really, you're related to most people who were alive at a certain time, as well as the same people several times over.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Brother of Hercules :)

I definately believe that.

I am the cousin of Athena.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Lol. I actually am related to the Queen of England. On my Dad's side, our family tree goes back to the time of Henry VIII etc. :laugh:

Hi cousin :happy: My gran's mother or grandmother always insisted she was descended from Anne Boleyn, according to my gran.

I agree with psychopiglet though about the number of ancestors and the size of the population so probably the entire population of Britain and anyone with British descent is related to the royal family of Britain. And the whole human population is descended from (Adam and Eve/a group of about 600 breeding pairs of early Homo sapiens)* anyway, so everyone's related to everyone else if you go back far enough.

*delete according to your religious preference
  • mirandamayhem
    Options

Hi cousin :happy: My gran's mother or grandmother always insisted she was descended from Anne Boleyn, according to my gran.

I agree with psychopiglet though about the number of ancestors and the size of the population so probably the entire population of Britain and anyone with British descent is related to the royal family of Britain. And the whole human population is descended from (Adam and Eve/a group of about 600 breeding pairs of early Homo sapiens)* anyway, so everyone's related to everyone else if you go back far enough.

*delete according to your religious preference

This may be true, may be we should ask "Who were you in a past life?" for an equally fun thread (should the reader's religion allow for reincarnation:wink: )
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Errr... No.

Anne Boleyn had one child, Elizabeth I, and she had no children.
  • JAAD
    JAAD Posts: 21
    Options
    My third cousin is George Harrison from the beatles! (We are both the poor and tone deaf side of the family lol). WE share a common great great Grandma and no, we have never met!

I work in Branson, Mo and met his sister Louise. I still have her business card she gave me.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I like to tell people that Amy Poehler and Will Arnett are my parents.

Sadly, this is a lie...:cry:
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Pocahontas. Proven via family tree lines and birth certificates... (my mom's into this stuff)... :)
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    lol. sam houtson. and thats there area i live in. apparently hes a far off distant counsin. but houston was my grandmothers maiden name on my dads side. :P
  • sadiebear2
    Options
    My Great Grandpa (and great uncle) was Rudd & Asa Weatherwax. The owner and trainer of the original Lassie Dog. He also trained Toto of the Wizard of Oz. Guess the dogs were famous, though, not him =)
    WOOF.
    =)
  • khavers
    khavers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Father Moses Coady, my grandmother's uncle on my father's side.

A big deal if you are from Maritime Canada. Nova Scotia in particular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Coady