Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options
Drenched_N_Motivation
Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
Seems like everyone I know swears they are related to someone famous in history. I know people who think they are related to the Queen of England, Adolph Hitler, Jessie James(the outlaw) etc...

So, who do you THINK you are related to as it pertains to famous people in history?

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    My momma. She's famous! She made the front page of the newspaper once! =) lol
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I was told by my grandfather Horatio Alger, Jr.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, I'm related to George Washington on my father's side
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options
    I believe someone in my family said that our great (I don't know how many greats though) uncle was the Prince of Scotland. Whether that's true or not is beyond me. Never did a history check to see if it's true.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im a direct decendent of the Mccoys (Hatfield & Mccoys).
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    Your mom! HAHAHAHAHAHA, still funny after all these years.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    :) WIll Ferrel by way of my Grandmother.
  • alex88carolina
    Options
    My dads side is supposed to go way back to the founders of Barcelona Spain.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Charles Goodnight. Yeah, that's all I've got... but at least he has a wiki.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lol. I actually am related to the Queen of England. On my Dad's side, our family tree goes back to the time of Henry VIII etc. :laugh:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    On my dad's side, I'm related to Clement Clarke Moore, the guy who wrote Twas the Night Before Christmas. Also, supposedly, Oliver Cromwell. On my mom's side, Aaron, Moses's brother.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Barrack Obama.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    Chief Oshkosh, from which Oshkosh, WI was named. Home of the EAA Convention. Also, Alexander Robinson, my great x5 grandfather. He was chief of three tribes.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm adopted so I don't really count it but my mom says she tracked back to Andrew jackson. Apparently that's a massive deal.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    1. More infamous than famous, but Warren G. Harding.
    2. Notable but not extremely famous: Dr Francis Julius LeMoyne - built the first crematorium in the US. His family was also part of the underground railway.
    3. Famous, but not historical: Dorothy Hart - movie actress from the 1940's. She played Jane in "Tarzan's Savage Fury" with Lex Barker as Tarzan.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Robert E Lee and I have a common ancestor. His gg grandfather, and my gggggg...grandfather. I'm also related to Daniel Boone's first wife.
    My ancestors had their land surveyed by George Washington when he was a teen age boy. I've seen the document with his signature. And we owned land at Mount Vernon before George purchased it.
    Thanks for posting this - so much fun to read!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mayflower descendant: John Alden and Priscilla Mullins. Her father apparently brought crates of shoes for himself but not a single useful tool. I believe that I inherited the family mannerisms for packing for a trip.

I'm also related to the inventor of the Ferris wheel. By way of my father's mother. Her mother was Julia Ferris and married a Campbell.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    According to my dad, I'm related to Uncle Kracker.. :laugh: But who knows if that's true.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Jackie Chan.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    Dean McDermott is my Cousin ...