Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Geoffrey Rush!
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Distant cousin of Andrew Johnson, Vice President under Abraham Lincoln and then the first President of the United States to be impeached.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have traced my direct ancestory back to the Mayflower to Edward Doty. Also in my lineage is Richard Stockton who signed the Declaration of Independence.
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My grandfather knew the person who invented kool-aid .... :)
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    My mother's side is absolutely certain that we are related to Buffalo Bill Cody ( wild wild west show). I also had a set of great great grandparents who wanted to book passage on the Titanic for her maiden voyage but tickets were sold out and they had to book for the next cruise liner.
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm related to Glen Campbell the singer, he is my grandfather's cousin. (My maiden name is Campbell fyi and if you look at my grandfather and uncles they all have the same chin and the same shaped face.)

More interestingly Bonnie Parker, as in Bonnie and Clyde. She was my grandmother's cousin.

Also, I have a direct link to Charles Darwin through my Grandmother's side as well. His daughter married one of my greatgreatgreatgreat uncles or something. We recently did a family tree. lol I think it's more interesting that I'm related to a man who was 7'11 who lived in the 1800's. There are several newspaper clippings and family accounts comfirming it. lol Can you imagine how people thought he must have been a giant?
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone I know swears they are related to someone famous in history. I know people who think they are related to the Queen of England, Adolph Hitler, Jessie James(the outlaw) etc...

So, who do you THINK you are related to as it pertains to famous people in history?

Dr Leonard Poe, Personal Physician to King James I
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Anyone from the Conquistadores :grumble:
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Madge Sinclair (RIP) -- actual cousin, she moved to America and died when I was really young and still in Jamaica so I never met her.
    Featured in The Lion King, Coming to America ect
    Coming_To_AmericaGO012578U19X24X50B1.jpg
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Not historical so much but the late John Ritter was a distant cousin.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My husband's family lineage supposedly traces back to a famous pirate, Captain Blood, of England.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Cuauhtémoc. :smile:
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    David Sol is my distant cousin.. Also, a NYC detective that worked on the Jack the Ripper case for over 10 years called us a few years back and is about 100% positive my great, great, great grandfather was the mass murderer. There's a lot of mental illness in my family, plus the time line matches up along with other evidence. Sounds insane and people often debate to me about it, but I have nothing to prove. : )
  • trail_turtle
    trail_turtle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have discovered through Ancestry.com some very interesting ancestors of mine. My 8th GGrandfather was on the jury for the Salem Witch Trials, my 10th GGrandparents and their son, my 9th GGrandfather with the name Fuller came over on the Mayflower and signed the Mayflower Compact, then I have 2 grandparents whose lineage takes me back to King Edward and his brother, Edmund, who were the sons of King Henry. This line leads back to Charlegmane. Great thread. It's so interesting.

I'm a direct descendent of Edward Fuller (and son Samuel) of the Mayflower, as well :)

Also descended from William the Conqueror, and 'Bad King John' Lackland of England...the one nobody liked ;)
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Obama. Okay just kidding... but we have the same birthday so that's got to count for something.

I know for a fact I'm related to my mom. True story. :ohwell:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Yay for house of York AND Lancaster! But really, royalty back then were inter-married or had out of wedlock kids.. lots of 'em.

However, I like that many of my relatives on both side of my family settled New Kent and Nansemond, VA. and surrounding areas in the early 1600s One from each side actually grew up a county apart at the same time. The families migrated West to KS and MO and then approx. the same time from KS/MO to the same small town in southern cali just south of S.D.
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was told by my mom I am distantly related to drew barrymore. Could be true, idk. It'd be cool though.
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    im realted to davey crockett on my dads side. i didnt believe it untill i saw proof.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Geoffrey Rush!

I LOVE Geoffrey Rush!

My dad's cousin is Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac fame.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    William Butler Yeats

Ooh that's a good one. I loved studying his poetry