Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Olivia Newton-John. She is my cousin ...but not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Back when she was hot YES. But now.... she looks more like the Joker from Batman than the woman I grew up idolizing. Pity.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm a descendant on my maternal grandmother's side of Myles Standish from the Mayflower. His second son, Alexander, is one of my greats. Funny that some of you mention John Alden. Alexander was married to John Alden's daughter Sarah first and then to Desire, my ancestor.

My maiden name is the same as one of the ladies-in-waiting to one of the major English queens but we haven't really traced my father's side much.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of everyone. I asked my dad if we were related to anyone famous or of historical significance. Turns out a had an ancestor that was in the Civil War, until he ran away. He then re-enlisted under a false name because he needed the money. I also had an ancestor that built bridges.

THAT is my family's legacy... god we're boring...
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    **** Whittington is the most famous on my dad's side.
    Yes the guy with the cat.
    Mum's side have a castle in Scotland but I'm being private here so that's all I'm sayin'.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    **** Whittington is the most famous on my dad's side.
    Yes the guy with the cat.
    Mum's side have a castle in Scotland but I'm being private here so that's all I'm sayin'.

Haha! I live in Gloucester, near where **** Whittington was born!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My kids are related to Edgar Allan Poe on their dads side :/
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I have discovered through Ancestry.com some very interesting ancestors of mine. My 8th GGrandfather was on the jury for the Salem Witch Trials, my 10th GGrandparents and their son, my 9th GGrandfather with the name Fuller came over on the Mayflower and signed the Mayflower Compact, then I have 2 grandparents whose lineage takes me back to King Edward and his brother, Edmund, who were the sons of King Henry. This line leads back to Charlegmane. Great thread. It's so interesting.

I'm a direct descendent of Edward Fuller (and son Samuel) of the Mayflower, as well :)

Also descended from William the Conqueror, and 'Bad King John' Lackland of England...the one nobody liked ;)

I'm also a Mayflower descendant: John Howland, 13th signer of the Mayflower Compact (he's the one that is better known for having fallen overboard) and also a descendant of the original Sherwoods that were given Sherwood forest by William the Conqueror
  • JessigirlJb
    JessigirlJb Posts: 656
    Options
    Mary Lincoln Todd.. I am her niece. I get invited to the Todd family reunion every year. Mary Lincoln Todd was the wife of Abraham Lincoln so that makes him my uncle.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I am related by marriage to both Thomas Hardy's. The writer, and the sailor.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Supposedly Rob Roy.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Through tracing back of the family trees, I'm related to Benjamin Franklin and Robert the Bruce (who did not actually betray William Wallace, that was all Hollywood crap thankyouverymuch).
  • rondom41
    rondom41 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey, me too! :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Since I'm Italian, clearly I'm descended from Columbus.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm not related to anyone, I decend from grunts and slaves.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    Amelia Earhart. And I have proof. :wink:
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Not in history, but Daisy Fuentes is a cousin through marriage.
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chad Pennington, the football player! He's a cousin of mine.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, I am a distant cousin to June Carter, so related to Johnny Cash through marriage. I have no proof.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    A chicken thief who was run out of his home state. True story.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Boxing champ "Gentleman Jim" Corbett, the last bare-fisted heavy-weight campion of the world. My grandmother's uncle.