Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options

Replies

• dkpk1965
    dkpk1965 Posts: 17
    Options
    i am related to mike phipps. he was the quarterback for the cleveland browns in the 70's.
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sir William Alexander, First Earl of Sterling.

on a side note:
    My mom was pissed when I started wearing a kilt, said I wasn't even of Scottish decent. Then one day, I found a link of DAR, and it filled in a hole, and them bam bam bam bam suddenly I had the lineage all the way back.

My family was on this side of the pond early, and my gggg lost count grandfather got his land around here from Jackson after the war. And aside from a jaunt up to Michigan (in two different generations!) we've been here ever since.

Also, there is a road named for my great uncle, and my son thinks its funny when we go past Alexander dr.
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Andrew Jackson, via is mother was my (i forgot how many greats) grandfather's sister. I call him cousin Andy.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Colomb is the Americanize English spelling of Columbus so there is a pretty good chance we are related. Nephews traced the family back into France 1800's so far.
  • Amyaustin90
    Amyaustin90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    stephen f austin
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    I've been told I'm (distantly) related to Justin Timberlake...
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    I'm a descendant of Genghis Khan, Babur and Timur. They are conquerors and stuff.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Some guy who plays Hockey in the NHL - he used to play for the Panthers now I have no idea where he plays lol I don't know his name because i don't talk to that side of the family... apparently his mom is my dad's cousin or something. It was never anything I really cared about honestly.

Oh and the Kesslers whom do the "Kessler Bull's" for Rodeos - don't know if they are really famous.. but it is what it is.
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    Mobster John Gotti.
  • hicksondarius
    Options
    My Grandfather on my mothers side is Meadowlark Lemon. World famous Harlem Globetrotter
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yoda :happy:
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    On my Father's side, the famous Mrs O'Leary who was infamously credited for starting the Great Chicago Fire. (Figures since I am a natural clutz, LOL) Also, apparently cousin to Minnie Pearl of Hee Haw fame. :)

On my Mom's side not sure but definitely Mafia ties way back. Ma's family is well know in Chicago and her Dad was a close friend of Al Capone and hid him alot of times from the cops.

And people wonder why I am such a Chicago chick. :D
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Brad Pitt's mom's maiden name is the same as my rather rare last name, so maybe somewhere down the line...
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    General Custar was a brother to my GGGrandmother.

But I would rather be related to Einstein! LOL
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm a distant cousin of President Andrew Jackson, via my father's mother, whose maiden name was Jackson.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    William Butler Yeats
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    George "Bugs" Moran.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    The Wilson brothers from the Beach Boys
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Donna Reed (actress)
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Welll.... my cousin Darcy was a Toronto Maple Leaf for a few years... (pro-hockey player). We're not close though... to tell the truth, he's kind of an @ss.