Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options

Replies

• Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My great grandfather was the U.S. Olympic coach for the fencing team. Not sure the year though. But that is cool! :)
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, I'm related to a mob/mafia leader from the 30's. I wish I knew the name....my dad knows.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am related to no one. I am alone in the world.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Tom Bergeron (From Dancing with the Stars)... his uncle married into my father's side of the family. His Uncle became my Grandfather many moons ago...
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would have to call my grandmother, but from the show Laurel & Hardy, I believe Laurel married into my mother's side of the family.

But it was either Laurel or Hardy for sure.

Also, my great grandfather was the U.S. Olympic coach for the fencing team. Not sure the year though. But that is cool! :)
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mary Nichols - First victim of Jack the Ripper.
  • daffy77
    daffy77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Some interesting people and such a variety!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Charles Manson...(he was adopted), so we don't share the same blood.:indifferent:
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My Great Grandfather (my mother's-mother's-dad) was Elmer Lacy. He's not famous, but he is to me. He was a blacksmith. He had his own shop at his house, and at a foundry (before machines replaced men). That man WORKED for his living. He also hand made a pair of "vice-grips"....forged and formed...all by hand, and they are about 18 inches long....and they are in the bottom drawer of my toolbox. The most awesome tool that I own!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Another Mayflower descendant here.... of Myles Standish. Not just family lore... verified.

Hey there cousin!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We were able to trace my grandmother's (father's mother's) ancestry back to disgraced French royalty, and thereby, all the way back to Rome. I found out that I'm the 79th great grandchild of Charlemagne.
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cant think of anyone famous however my distant uncle built the company express.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm adopted so I don't really count it but my mom says she tracked back to Andrew jackson. Apparently that's a massive deal.

Hey me too. He's a cousin. Freddy Jackson was my great uncle. He never had kids and he killed the direct bloodline from Andrew Jackson.
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Francis Scott Key
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't know because no one in my family has really traced our lineage far back enough. I'm really interested though. The only thing that I kind of have is that my father told me that his grandmother was a cousin or something to Alfred Hitchcock. I don't know how much credit that has, and I'm not sure if they were first cousins or distant cousins.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Adam and Eve?
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    According to my mother (the family genealogist its almost an obsession for her) we're descendants of Prince John of the Plantagenet Dynasty. It would explain why we are so bossy ! :laugh: If there was anyone else famous I have forgotten who they were. One branch of the family's sir name was Lee but she traced it back and we're no relation to Robert E. We do still pass the name Lee down as a middle name though.
  • davidsgirl145
    Options
    Mary Nichols - First victim of Jack the Ripper.

Holy tea and strumpets! That is interesting and a little sad! Poor Mary!
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    I was a mermaid before... I want to be a part of your world :wink:
  • davidsgirl145
    Options
    I was a mermaid before... I want to be a part of your world :wink:

cuz we've got whozits and whutzits galore!!! that's why! :laugh: