Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options

Replies

• jleWings
    jleWings Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another Mayflower descendant here.... of Myles Standish. Not just family lore... verified.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Erik the Red, Leif Erikson and BECK
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Im Channin Tatums less famous twin brother and Gerard Butlers cousin and Jessica Albas future Husband #2

*she just doesnt know it yet haha
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am related to Ma Barker's boys. Not to her though, she married into our family, but her boys (including the one who was killed trying to escapre from Alcatraz) are blood relations.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My great grandfather was Joey Bazzone, a (famous?) boxer in the 30's.

My distant cousin is Mike Zolecki, who played with the Colorado Rockies.

That's all I got so far...

I have a girlfriend who is in the bloodline for the Hatfields (and McCoys). I'm pretty impressed by that. :laugh:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My great granfather:
    http://exoticcars.about.com/od/imagegalleries/ig/Bentley-History/Gallery_WOBentley.htm

And no, the family has no rights to the company or fortune.
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    Julia Ward Howe who wrote the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Thomas Mckean, who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. :)
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    On my mother's mother's side: Queen Isabella of Spain (who along with King Ferdinand) gave Columbus his 3 ships.

On my father's side: Corbin Bleu Reivers aka Corbin Bleu of High School Musical. Yes, I realize I am not black, but Corbin is 1/2 Italian.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Oh, Im also directly related to Agnes Moorehead (actress, Grandmother on Bewitched). GGG Grandmother...something like that. lol

Now thats cool!

As for me, one of my cousins has a wiki page, he's a big cheese in one of the UK Uni's. Other than that no one.

Edit cause I've just remembered. Back in the 80's there was a notorious Dominatrix called 'Miss Whiplash' in the news, real name Lindy StClare. I discovered she was a cousin 3 times removed on my Mums side. My Gran just LOVED that bit of info. NOT!:laugh:
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    We have traced our family back to the 13th century to Francisco Petrarca, an Italian poet. It was so neat to learn all about his inspiration for his poems and also get to read them. He also has a museum dedicated to him in Italy.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Alexander Graham Bell, apparently.
  • ShelleyStev
    Options
    I have discovered through Ancestry.com some very interesting ancestors of mine. My 8th GGrandfather was on the jury for the Salem Witch Trials, my 10th GGrandparents and their son, my 9th GGrandfather with the name Fuller came over on the Mayflower and signed the Mayflower Compact, then I have 2 grandparents whose lineage takes me back to King Edward and his brother, Edmund, who were the sons of King Henry. This line leads back to Charlegmane. Great thread. It's so interesting.

Hi! Please don't waste your money on Ancestry.com. Do some real research for yourself. There will come a point that you hit a wall and can't go any further back without travelling, but Ancestry.com just pieces together histories from other users. People make stuff up without relying on documentation. There are better sources for genealogical information.

I have verified every generation by other sources. I don't ever trust Ancestry alone because I want to make sure that every post is correct.
  • ShelleyStev
    Options
    Another Mayflower descendant here.... of Myles Standish. Not just family lore... verified.

Myles Standish married my 9th GGrandfather and Grandmother. Lol
  • lewist90
    lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Brother of Hercules :)
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    William the Conqueror so I'm told...
  • j3nlcarpenter
    j3nlcarpenter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my cousin is Ronny O'Sullivan :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    We can't trace it back further than the late 1800s. Makes me sad. But I do have at least one rabble rousing United Mine Workers union leader in my family tree, though, and I'm quite proud of that. Even though maybe it's silly to be proud of something I had nothing to do with. But workers rights and rabble rousing are definitely in my blood.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    no one famous...but on my dads side I am scottish.

instead of being able to tell people I descended from pilgrims on the Mayflower...I get to tell people my first European ancestor to the Americas was sent on a prison ship and was an indentured servant.(My Scottish ancestor and his brothers killed English soldiers. His brothers were hung, and he was sent to the Americas as punishment. Afterwards he became fruifful and multiplied..and here I am. The product of a murderous convict from Scotland! )

Of course I realize i don't look Scottish because I am half white(but take my word, my maiden name is VERY scottish! It doesn't go with my face at all. But it's mine and I might not be descended from royalty or anyone famous..but my not so proud history is pretty darn interesting!)
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    I'm a descendant of Shakespeare's attorney and of the first English appointed ambassador to Spain. My family tree has been researched back to about 1100 ad. There no money in it for me tho :)
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Has anyone realized that if you trace your ancestry back far enough, you are related to essentially everyone at some point?

You have 2 parents
    You have 4 grandparents
    You have 8 great-grandparents
    You have 16 great-great grandparents

Assuming an average 25 years or so for each generation, there were approximately 512 people alive at the time of the American Revolution that were your direct ancestor. Go back 400 years and you had 65,536 direct ancestors. One doesn't have to be a math genius to see that eventually everyone's family tree will converge. In fact, it's a guarantee that some of your ancestors appear in more than one part of your tree. So, everyone is related to someone famous if you go back far enough.

I think we all realize this, since this is the exact point of this thread.

I'm a direct descendant to the English explorer Henry Hudson. I don't know how many great's it would be, but my Grandmother was a Hudson and it's a direct line. I was searching for my Civil War ancestors when I discovered this much to my shock.