Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options

Replies

• laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My maternal grandmother was a great-great niece of Daniel Webster-yes the dictionary Webster (her maiden name was Webster)
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Jesse James, the outlaw. On my dad's side. I'd have to ask my grandma for the exact relation, but she did the genealogy for our family tree a few years ago.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    The Sager orphans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sager_orphans )from Seven Alone movie/book - first cousins to my mother's dad and the Sullivan brothers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_brothers) - second cousins to my father.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Margret Mitchell (author of Gone with the Wind). My maternal Grandmothers 2nd cousin.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    The ravenous bugblatter beast of traal
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mayflower descendant: John Alden and Priscilla Mullins. Her father apparently brought crates of shoes for himself but not a single useful tool. I believe that I inherited the family mannerisms for packing for a trip.

I'm also related to the inventor of the Ferris wheel. By way of my father's mother. Her mother was Julia Ferris and married a Campbell.

I am also a Mayflower descendant, of William Brewster, elder of the colony and religous leader.
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Jon Beason of the Carolina Panthers is my 2nd cousin :smile:
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Sandra Bullock - a distant cousin on my fathers side (supposedly)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Vikings
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Been told that the family tree on grandmother's side tracks back to Daniel Boone.
  • fatima147
    fatima147 Posts: 85
    Options
    have no idea and couldnt care less! ;)
  • jessmoore_84
    Options
    I'm related to Frank & Jesse James and Pocahontas.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My fiance is a descendant of Ponce de Leon. :) I'm nothing too special though :p
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    John Vallandingham was my father.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Related to Laura Secord through my great, great grandparents...
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My maiden name is Mitchum, and supposedly Robert Mitchum is a distant cousin. But I haven't been interested enough to research it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, I'm a descendant of Henry the VIII's sister on one family line and a descendant to Henry the VIII's cousin in another family line... neither have been proven with documentation.

At one point, it was reported that I was related to Daniel Boone, but I've completely ruled that one out.

It was also rumored of a potential shared heritage with Kirk Cameron, but I'm pretty doubtful about that one as well.

Sadly, it would seem no famous relations, but I encourage people to explore their genealogy. Just because you aren't related to someone famous doesn't mean that there isn't anything interesting about your family. I learned that my ancestors were literally the first family to live in what eventually became the city of Atlanta. Not famous, but interesting.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I have discovered through Ancestry.com some very interesting ancestors of mine. My 8th GGrandfather was on the jury for the Salem Witch Trials, my 10th GGrandparents and their son, my 9th GGrandfather with the name Fuller came over on the Mayflower and signed the Mayflower Compact, then I have 2 grandparents whose lineage takes me back to King Edward and his brother, Edmund, who were the sons of King Henry. This line leads back to Charlegmane. Great thread. It's so interesting.

Hi! Please don't waste your money on Ancestry.com. Do some real research for yourself. There will come a point that you hit a wall and can't go any further back without travelling, but Ancestry.com just pieces together histories from other users. People make stuff up without relying on documentation. There are better sources for genealogical information.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It was also rumored of a potential shared heritage with Kirk Cameron, but I'm pretty doubtful about that one as well.
    I don't know, I see a pretty strong resemblance to a different former teen star. :happy:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I don't know, I see a pretty strong resemblance to a different former teen star. :happy:

LOL! No, the animal personality test said I was a Fox!