Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Haribo jelly babies, gummy bears etc. I just don't stop when I start eating them :love:
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    potato chips (with a rare exception of baked lays single small bag)
    soda pops
    most processed foods.

I try not to look at it as giving it up - I look at it as "I don't eat this garbage anymore" because if I think of it as something I CAN'T have, it makes me want it all the more. If it's seen as something I WON'T eat because it's not good to eat that stuff, then it's so much easier to avoid eating it.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Soda.
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Completely....??? Nothing:)
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    - All fizzy drink / alcohol / primo products.
    - All bread except once a week.
    - Butter, salt, mayonnaise.
    - Fast food.
    - Cheese, except once a week.
    - Ice-creams / frozen yogurt.
    - Candy, except those 'opps' moments. Trying to limit those though.
    - Noodles / some pasta products.
    - Cakes / biscuits / baking UNLESS it's a product from my kitchen and I know exactly what I've put in it.

So basically - everything. Haha.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I gave up all foods that make me feel bad/guilty/fat after I eat them.
    1) Most fast food... sometimes I will have subway if I am stuck in town
    2) Restaurant food that does not have exact calorie counts
    3) Fried foods
    4) Regular syrup
  • peralta855
    Options
    Soda, both regular and diet.

And even though I love cheese I try to stay a way from it as much as possible.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Soda
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing! Thank you EM2WL!

:drinker: :drinker:
  • littlebecc
    Options
    All dairy products
    Wheat
    Fish and chicken ( not for health though)
  • annie_banannie
    annie_banannie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For medical reasons, I've had to completely stop eating soy. Which is incredibly difficult for me, as many of my favorite foods contain soy.

So, no more tofu, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, tofutti, edemame, soy ice cream, hoisin sauce, miso, soy creamer, etc. Most popular brands of veggie burgers are out. No more Luna bars or Clif bars. :cry:

It also means the days of simply picking up a can, bottle or box in the grocery store and throwing it in my shopping basket are over. Now I have to carefully read the labels on each package before I can decide whether or not to buy an item.

It is shocking how many foods contain "hidden" soy in the form of soybean oil, soy lecithin, soy protein, etc. :noway:

Giving up soy has been very challenging, but I'm doing it for the sake of my health.
  • kbirdwell08
    kbirdwell08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    soda and sweet tea... 21 days so far without either one
    :)
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've given up -

Soda................or anything to drink with a lot of calories and/or sugar.

French fries......................fast food....................................lots of cheese (try to eat lower calorie // fat free cheese now)

Chips................. unless they are Special K, Popped Chips, or veggie chips.
  • mrboboman
    Options
    All fast food, Junk food, cakes, desserts, and im working on soda now.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    NOTHING...ANYMORE!
    I've given up various foods/drinks before, but to be honest, it just wasn't a realistic thing to give it up and "never" have it again. So I would EVENTUALLY fai!
    Instead I've taught myself to enjoy my fav foods (french fries, burgers, cakes), and drinks (mainly diet pop/soda), but in (yes here comes the famous word) MODERATION!!!
    Now I'm not preaching perfection here because Lord knows I've 'fallen off' miserably and ate crap for too long, but I've gotten back up, stronger!

My opinion is you shouldn't have to 'give up' your favourite foods/drinks, rather LEARN how much is an 'ok' amount and how much is not.
  • jebreject
    jebreject Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up on anything (other than meat--but that was over a decade ago now!), but I've cut way, way down on soda/pop and dairy. I've tried to give up anything with HFCS, and I've been doing pretty well with that. I'm also trying to cut down on non-whole wheats, but that one's a lot harder!
  • Evax3e
    Evax3e Posts: 1
    Options
    I found that I never really liked these foods much, so it wasn't that hard to give them up.

Soda
    Anything fried
    Sweets every once in a while
    White bread
    Fast food
    Chips
  • Love_2_Shop
    Love_2_Shop Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've given up wine and carby snacks, fast food (other than the occasional salad) and most processed/packaged stuff. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so giving up the candy, cookies etc... was no big deal.
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Pretzels
    Potato anything
    Rice

But added
    72%+ dark chocolate
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Once heard an old man say