Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Same here! Everything in moderation!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    soda, fast food, and candy
  • DMZH78
    DMZH78 Posts: 42
    Options
    Nothing (just portion control).
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Bread
    Potatoes
    Pasta
    Red meat
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Artificial Sweeteners. There MIGHT be some in my protein powder, I'd have to check, but as a rule I avoid them like the plague. OH.. and while not 'artificial' - I also gave up Truvia/Stevia recently due to a possible side effect.

I have my sugar, just in moderation.

Everything else - I eat if I reallly want it, just in moderation, and if it's really high calorie, I save it for my high calorie days so It's easier to fit in.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Still trying to fully cut out soda and other drinks with sugar....so far Ive drank nothing but water and coffee for 3 days :)
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've not given up anything really. The food I like is the food I like and I doubt I can live the rest of my life avoiding those. I do try to eat them in moderation.

I have however given up on food that is really processed and has lots of additives. I prefer to make things at home.
  • MonicaT1972
    Options
    None! It is a lifestyle change, everything in moderation. If I have a day I want fries and chocolate I have them, I count them and I exercise harder to burn them off!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Soda.

But, that's basically it. Everything else I enjoy in life I have every now and again. And 9 times outta 10 within my calorie allotment for the day.

^This.
  • JenLeffelman
    Options
    Anything fastfood
    Anything thats preserved
    And regular soda or beer
  • Dohrnl
    Dohrnl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've gone totally vegan. This means no animal products at all (eggs, cheese, milk, etc). I am developing a plant based diet. I would recommend everyone to read Eat to Live by Dr.Furhman or watch Forks over Knives (available instant streaming on netflix).

I had originally hit a huge plateau and now the weight seems to be coming off quicker, I have more energy, and my skin even feels different! It's quite the change, but honestly one of the best I have ever made!
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Soda. Fast food. They're just garbage and there's no reason for me to eat them, even if I can work them in or am having a cheat day.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sweets, but just temporarily until I break the addiction. I'm a firm believer that you can have whatever you want in moderation. For me, life isn't worth it if I have to deny myself things constantly.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    None.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fruit juices
    Processed fast food products
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    pop and juice with HFCS or artificial sweeteneres. i continue to have everything else in moderation.
  • goingforexcellence
    Options
    Milk chocolate (mainly bc I am breastfeeding and makes the baby gassy!) So, milk chocolate and sodas. The only soda I drink on occasion is Sierra Mist Natural.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've never been a real drinker, but I don't touch alcohol now, can think of better things to use the calories on!

Pizza - can't remember the last time I had a piece, but it was always a treat anyway as hubby can't bear cheese so it's not something we ate often, only if I was out without him

Other than that, I haven't really given up anything, I just have it in moderation and include it into my daily allowance.
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sodas and any "Fruit Cocktails"
    Alcohol (unless a rare occasion)
    Caffeine (unless from green tea)
    Meat
    Fried foods
    White Sugar
    Ice cream
    Cake
    Chocolate (unless 70% or more pure cocoa, or raw cocoa)
    Reduced cheese intake dramatically (unless we're talking cottage cheese)
    Anything processed (almost all the middle isles of the grocery store are mysteries to me)

The key is really to just walk in the grocery store and go through the produce section and fridge area... then leave. lol
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    NONE! I am a happy vegetarian who has modified when and how much I eat. I don't sacrifice on anything... I just eat it less frequently or in lesser amounts :)