Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Milk
    fast food
    m&m's
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Soda. I gave that up before I started eating healthy though. Red meat, havent given it up completely, but I've only eaten it once or twice in the past 2 years. Other than that, nothing. I don't like to restrict myself anything or I want it even more. Everything in moderation.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Chocolate for me.. and soda/fizzy sugar solutions. And Greggs, that was the hard one lol
  • headoverhills
    Options
    Limited, certainly ... some very limited. Giving up entirely? Nothin'

Same here.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Soda, chocolate, icecreams, cookies, sugar in any form i can control, white flour, fat cheese, deep fried anything.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Somethings I just have once in a while now.

But the only thing i have FULLY given up is Juice, for me it's not worth the calories
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nothing! My husband and I both love to cook (although we cannot be in the kitchen at the same time!), so we make lighter versions of pizza, tacos, etc. that are much better tasting than the greasy, full fat version!

We don't eat out much because there is too much junk in most restaurant food. Have you read the book "Eat This, Not That?"
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    nothing completely
    there are somethings now i just look at and see the calories and fat dripping off them... but there not banned always.... :D
    x
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Meat. Three years now and I'm so glad I've given it up entirely. I'm NEVER going back to eating meat! I never was a huge meat eater in the first place, so it wasn't too hard TBH. Vegetarian options are so much more yummy anyway. (Not to be preachy about it, it's just my opinion haha.)

Soda of any kind, even diet.

Fast food, for the most part. I dunno--I'm sure I'll still eat it occasionally, but I haven't eaten it since school let out in May. When school starts again I don't plan on going back to my bad habits, though (nearly every day!!). I will pack my lunches instead--there's no reason that I should buy fast food for lunch. It's costly and it sure as hell isn't good for me.

Anything else, though, I still allow myself to eat, but in moderation--I'll have one mini Reese cup, for instance, instead of a whole pack. There's no reason to give up things I love--this journey is not about depriving myself entirely of those things, it's about learning to eat the things I love in moderation. That is an attitude that is sustainable long term--I'm not going to go a lifetime without eating chocolate, y'know? But I can go a lifetime eating one bite of chocolate instead of a whole pack to satisfy that need for something sweet. It's all about moderation for me, which I'm still learning because previously I had NO self-control, and I'm trying to rein that in.
  • annadolezalova
    annadolezalova Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Meat and fast food
  • bpoolann
    Options
    i have gave up chocolate and fizzy juice.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. Im not giving up food or drinks that I love.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Nothing because of my fitness goals. however, after a nasty run in with an H.Pylori ulcer i cant eat fried foods or bananas very often. one KFC 3 piece chicken strip meal makes me want to die. And bananas in small amounts mixed with oatmeal, peanut butter or in smoothies is all i can handle.
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Cooking in butter
    fried mozzarella :(

mmmm butter
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nothing :)
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Cookies...can't eat just one!
  • abadaba
    abadaba Posts: 44
    Options
    Nothing! When I limit myself, it feels like a diet. I just allow one "splurge" meal a week, and everything else in moderation with lots of exercise!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    -
  • Yarasil
    Yarasil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ice cold Coke and hot french fries from McD.

Pasta

Chocolate/Candy (will have dark chocolate every now and then but only a square instead of the whole bar).
    :happy:
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    bread, mayo, sodas, nutella.