What is your number 1 reason to get fit?

Options

Replies

• DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My #1 reason is to get healthy, I have high blood pressure and was told I'll have it the rest of my life. I want to defy that by eating as healthy as I can along with plenty of excercise & water to flush. I'll show em'...
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I want to look good in and out of my clothes... right now I just look good in them!
  • pinkymammaof2boys
    Options
    I have two amazing little boys a 4 yr old and a 7 month old and I want to be healthy and fit for them I want to always be there for my boys and of course keep up with them.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I don't want to end up like my mother, grandmother, great grandmother.. I'm here for me, my fiance, and for our future. I don't want to wake up one morning 100 lbs heavier and know that my husband doesn't appreciate the sight of me. I needed to take control now. Plus I have a lot of cute clothes that stopped looking good on me when I gained weight.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Look good naked.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My reason is this: in my head, I'm still the same person I was in my early 20s. When I look out, those are the eyes I see with. But now when I look in the mirror, I see someone completely different. I want to look in the mirror and see the me that I see in my brain. And she's wearing a size 8. Or a 6. I'm not picky. And the only way you can tell she has kids is because she has them with her; not because she has that "exhausted mom who's let herself go" look.

Uh huh.
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I can't just give one reason because it is a combination of several.

But, when I want to give up the fact that i'm still on high blood pressure meds reminds me that this isn't just about how i look, it is about the quality of my life going forward. So maybe that is my #1 reason. I want to hike with the grandkids whenever that might be. :)
  • jwolff7
    jwolff7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Be a better volleyball player for my team. :)
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1. To look good naked
    2. To be a roll model for my kids and family
    3. To have a better quality of life
    4. To relieve stress
    5. Because I enjoy it!
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    - The way I feel between workouts
    - Eat more healthy food
    - To reduce/eliminate medications for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol...
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    To do a better job loving my beautiful wife with my heart, mind, soul.... AND...body. Over the last few years I think she's been getting a bum deal... I'm working to fix that.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! ** applauds you **
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    #1 So that I am around for my kiddos growing up.:smile:
    #2 To have a better selection of amazing clothes.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    -To take full advantage of the body God has given me

-To love my body NAKED.

-To walk to my closet and be able to wear anything in it
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I met a fantastic man who changed my life. He loves me, completely, no matter what. He thinks I am beautiful and perfect and has since the moment we met. I have never truly loved myself. I looked at myself in photos and in the mirror and thought, "I should love myself that much. I want to feel beautiful, I want to be the best I can be."

^^^^^ AGREED!
  • chay69424
    Options
    So I can better with MMA, kick harder and punch harder... get stamina and endurance, and not gas out... i'm slowly getting there.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    At first it was a cruise, that was last summer. Now simply that I love being fit and lookin hot when I dress like a girl.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    When I stopped recognizing myself in the mirror I knew it was time to change. Other things led me here, like cancer, depression, anxiety, health, but the big tipping point was the mirror.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I HATE the person I see in the mirror.
  • suckerlove
    suckerlove Posts: 198
    Options
    To be healthy enough to conceive a baby and carry to term.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    To stay alive.

If I kept on with the way that I was going, I would eat myself to an early grave.