Weights Bad??

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You clearly put on 5 pounds of muscle (or more, if you burned fat!). Just don't overdo it, or you'll look like Ronnie Coleman in about two months.

Wrong, women do not bulk the way men do. Lift as heavy as you want! The 5 lbs are probably fluid you are holding. Drink water, give your muscles a day or so to recover, and I bet it goes away!

I don't know. SHE looks pretty bulky to me

1670139_702.jpg
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You clearly put on 5 pounds of muscle (or more, if you burned fat!). Just don't overdo it, or you'll look like Ronnie Coleman in about two months.

Wrong, women do not bulk the way men do. Lift as heavy as you want! The 5 lbs are probably fluid you are holding. Drink water, give your muscles a day or so to recover, and I bet it goes away!

I don't know. SHE looks pretty bulky to me

1670139_702.jpg

:drinker:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    That 5 lbs most likely came from that well-developed calf muscle. You clearly don't know what you're doing.
  • AaronG91
    AaronG91 Posts: 20
    Options
    This is a common occurrence when you stretch after weight training, the stretching causes your muscles to move which frees up space for fat to be stored. Next time make sure your muscles feel really tight so the fat can't get in.
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Raspberry ketones. Get some. STAT. They will replace your cardio, WT, and food for that matter. Go buy them at amazon hurry!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvi850AHHB1r5qrimo1_500.gif

LOL I was wondering why that had my name in the url source code!!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    So you lifted weights for 2 days and you gained 5 pounds. How about your body fat percentage? Surely it should have dropped 10% after 48hours of lifting.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvi850AHHB1r5qrimo1_500.gif

LOL I was wondering why that had my name in the url source code!!

It bothers me because that's not what she's saying... :indifferent:
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    WOW, based on that ripped body I'm pretty sure I'll drop the weights and just do cardio!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I recommend 1200 calories maximum and lots of elliptical and zumba. There's also some pink weights that you can use but you should probably get a video at home and use that with the pink weights.

You'll get really tone. Lots of reps.

I have nothing witty to add, I just LMAO here.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    You didn't gain 5 lbs of muscle overnight, sorry! However that doesn't mean it's bad. After working out your muscles become engorged with blood- it's probably just fluid retention. And I'm not saying you havent gained SOME muscle either, just be patient and stay away from the scale for awhile

If this is serious, I cant even tell anymore
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1y2dwuESM1qak28ho1_400.jpg

This is not what women who lift look like, I mean for one, shes not even going parallel :tongue:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

This is not what women who lift look like, I mean for one, shes not even going parallel :tongue:

Sad thing is I had the same thought. She needs to get lower. lol
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Sad thing is I had the same thought. She needs to get lower. lol

Maybe she's on the way back up.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    You did not gain 5 pounds overnight......You didn't even gain 1 whole pound overnight..
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

Because she couldn't POSSIBLY be on the way down or up. The camera man had to have caught that picture at the exact moment she hit her lowest. :P
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    So I lifted weights yesterday and today I was 5 lbs. up. I am trying to lose weight not gain it........Maybe weight training just isn't for me. Should I go back to just doing cardio? I gave it a shot but it doesn't seem to be working out.

You're right, it's not working. Stop, stop now. Save yourself...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    She said "engorged" :blushing:
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    BHAHAHAHAHAHA! There are few words that make me giggle like an 8 year old and that's one of them haha! The other is "Flaccid" :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    BHAHAHAHAHAHA! There are few words that make me giggle like an 8 year old and that's one of them haha! The other is "Flaccid" :laugh:

I had an English teacher say "Pardon the boner" and I busted out laughing...I was the only one laughing. Apparently it also means "mistake". Who knew?! Oops, I'm hijacking. So it must be a boner that Jac gained 5 lbs. :bigsmile: