Anyone here take vitamins on a daily basis?

Options
Every morning i take one multi-vitamin and one fish oil gel tab. I make sure my kids get their daily vitamins as well.

Anyone else here take them, and which ones?

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I have to take something with iron as I tend to be quite anemic and being a woman it gets worse at certain times. It's One a Day Performance I think.
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    I take Vitamin C / Zinc. One per day, every day after I realised I was getting 0% every day!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't take vitamins, but I probably should take some sort of vitamin.

Posting so I can see what everyone takes, to maybe give myself an idea of what I should take.
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i take one multi-vitamin a day, 3 green tea formula a day, and 2 omega-3 a day :)
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Not really a vitamin, but I take Acai supp. every day.

Now and again, I also take zinc, because I have terrible skin.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, Coq10, flaxseed oil, D, E, Pearls Elite [probiotic].
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Mulivitamin, vitamin D (for my MS), omega 3, & green tea extract., & zinc....Faithfully every day!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I take a lot more than that.

I take 3 a day of Optimens Multi with each meal
    2x3 fish oil
    2 vitamin C
    1 Magnesium
    2 Zinc
    1 Iron

I also drink several green teas a day and have a whey protein isolate shake after gym.

It has defiantly had a huge impact on my health, between quitting smoking, losing weight and getting exercise and trying to eat healthy, physically I've never felt better.

But I got divorced within the last year and mentally I'm still not fully with it.
  • Leo_Joy_HG
    Leo_Joy_HG Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to hate the idea of taking vitamins as if you eat a balance diet you should not need them as you would get everything from your food!

But then became bulimic or a few years, then became vegan. I found out i was low on iron and B12. So now i take a vegan multi-vit, iron and B12 tablets. I except i will take B12 or the rest o my life (due to veganism) but i plan on living without any other supplements when my health is sorted.
  • MRJ717
    MRJ717 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i take womans ultra mega from gnc and also krill oil.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I take a one a day, calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin C, and I am searching for a good fish oil to help my cholesterol , any suggestions on a good one?
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    yup. women's multi, calcium and iron. Each only contain 50% DV so I do rely on a good diet but that way I can cover any gaps without exceeding the recommended amounts.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Vita-Fusion Multi-Vite Gummies. Tastes like candy, works for me! :bigsmile:
  • jenfidge
    jenfidge Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Zinc
    Cod Liver Oil
    Evening Primrose Oil
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I try to at least get my B12 and D in everyday.
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes, I take a vitamin D and B-complex every morning. My doctor put me on them as my levels are low.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I take One A Day Energy. I really try to stress to people how important it is to have all of the vitamins you need, your body is going to feel and act better. My iron tends to run low, and I was feeling so worn out by the time I got off work, takes a while to really feel the effects when u first start taking them, but it really does help. I have fish oil also, but I don't always take it
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I take vitachews everyday. Regular multivitamins make me sick to my stomach so I can't take them. I also take a viactiv chew every day for added calcium.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    What I (usually...when I remember) take is a multi-vitamin and a calcium chewy in the AM and a calcium chewy in the PM. I have considered adding a fish oil supplement, but I don't know what brand/mix/etc to buy and all I've looked up has proved to be confusing.
  • settoloki
    settoloki Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I take a multibionta 5 days a week, I'm not sure why I do it :)

I've noticed no negative effects and I am actively losing weight, they advertise a metabolism boost, and a healthy release of energy throughout the day.

Perhaps they are having no effect. But I must admit I have no cravings for snacks eating only cereal from breakfast and soup with a roll for lunch and a healthy portion of something I like for dinner with no cravings at all - it could be the vitamins I guess.