Anyone here take vitamins on a daily basis?

Options

Replies

• KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I take a prenatal vit. (nope not expecting) Vit C, Vit D (script) and Mega b 12 with some other b's mixed in.. I am looking at getting some minerals.. Because I have been very sick and many of my symptoms could be from lack of magnesium or magnesa.

so if anyone knows where I can get a bucket load of minerals in one shot, let me know.. other wise Im looking at Dead Dr.s Dont lie, com to get them.. ive taken them in the past. they work great. but are spendy.

which brings up another ??? should you count your vitamen spending as grocery money?
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    )I take a multi(one a day meno formula) and estroven (husband keeps me supplied out of self preservation :blushing:)
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    One a day Active for her
    Calcium
    Glucosamine Chondroiton to help lubricate joints (post-op requirement per my ortho)
    Lysine for skin (supposed to help reduce frequency of cold sores due to stress)
    I'll also use Vitamin E oil on my face after I exfoliate
    B-Complex
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, a fish oil gel tab and calcium with vitamin D
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Currently taking GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active. I chose them because they seemed pretty well-balanced and they were a great price at Sam's Club. They are flavored though (vanilla, with sucralose added). And I find that part of the vitamin-taking experience pretty awful. I like vitamins. I like vanilla just fine. I don't really give a crap about sucralose either way, but I'd just go without it if given the option. But seriously, WHY do you need to flavor vitamins that aren't chewable? Who licks their vitamins? (Don't answer that :huh:) But the, um, aroma is a little overwhelming to me, even if I don't let it hit my taste buds before throwing it back. Thank goodness it's only once a day and I'm not usually very awake when I take them. :tongue:

Anyway... I think as soon as I finish out the supply I have, I will be shopping again. I get nervous about shopping for multivitamins, because it's so difficult to separate the useful ingredients from the ones that are pure hype, even within one pill. I don't want to have to pay for something that I really wouldn't choose to take if it wasn't included in the pill, except everything else I want IS in there. But I don't really have the cabinet space to use each and every supplement individually (I was starting to amass a collection, but realized to get everything I want and need through individual supplements, I would also have to buy a Caboodles to carry them all).

I do want to start back up on fish oil, as I remember that I felt better overall when I was taking it regularly (although that's kind of anecdotal/possibly placebo - but it's still on my medical chart, and I just kind of nod & say "mmhmm" while avoiding eye contact as the nurse runs down my list of supplements), and I have Citracal +D which I was taking by itself before I started on the multivitamin.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I take a two gummie multis, 2 fishoil, 2 caltrate chews, 1 b complex, 1 5000 biotin, and 1 Iron. The caltrate and fishoil second doses I take with lunch, so they are split up a bit.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I take too many supplements to list! LOL I'm a bit OCD. :ohwell:
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I take One a Day Womens, generic version. My son takes a kids multi vitamin as well every morning! :)
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I take 50,000 of prescription Vitamin D once a week, other than that I don't take any other vitamins. I take a vitamin c when I get a sore throat.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I take Omega 2-6-9(Flax, Fish, Borage combo) twice a day, a multivitamin( no iodine formula), plus one Vitamin D (1000 IU) and Vitamin E (200 IU) daily. I'm feeling more energy, less stress and general feel goodness!
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I take a chewable calcium w. D and a multi-vitamin. I was taking omega fish oil but it gave me a belly ache all the time :/
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    vitacraves!
  • Samstudent88
    Options
    I take flintstones......others make my stomach so sick that I feel like I'm gonna die. =)
  • dajn44
    dajn44 Posts: 13
    Options
    I take a once a day multi vitamine seems to work for me..... that is all I take have been reading too much about taking a lot of vitamines together.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One a day Active for her
    Calcium
    Glucosamine Chondroiton to help lubricate joints (post-op requirement per my ortho)
    Lysine for skin (supposed to help reduce frequency of cold sores due to stress)
    I'll also use Vitamin E oil on my face after I exfoliate
    B-Complex

I did the lysine for the cold sores. Didn't work for me. I have a standing prescription for acyclovir. I have a sun allergy so I get cold sores frequently if I go out in the sun and haven't doused myself down with sunscreen first :)
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Fish oil, womens daily vitamin and L-Carnitine
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    GNC Mega Man Sport multivtamin
    Fish Oil
    L-Glutamine
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    Options
    Multi Vitamin
    Occassional Flax Seed Oil
    Zinc-During cold season
    Vitamin C- during cold season
    Apple cider vinegar-Digestion and overall health
    green coffee extract-metabolism
    cinnamon-reduce insulin resistence
    Curcumin-anti inflammatory anti cancer
    Milk thistle-protect liver function
    IP-6-Anti Cancer
    Forskolin-Metabolism
    Apricot kernels-anti cancer
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    multivit, 1000mg Vit C and 5000mg Vit D and potassium daily. During winter months Vit C is about 2000-3000 daily.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yup. Everyday.

GNC Women's Ultra Mega Multivitamin
    GNC Liquid B Complex
    GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil

And in addition, because I find they help with my PCOS:

Nature's Bounty Cinnamon plus Chrominum
    Nature's Way Vitex Herbal Supplement

I also take Culturelle Probiotic every morning.