Anyone here take vitamins on a daily basis?

Options

Replies

• KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was taking a multi-vitamin for women over 50, but actually stopped few weeks ago but need to get back to taking.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I take my prenatal, Hair/skin/nails, and cranberry pills every day.
  • chip305
    chip305 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I take GNC Ultra Mega Active and for my joints I take Glucosamine, Condroitin with added D3.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I take:

A multi

B-100

Astaxanthin (an antioxidant from green algae that you get in your diet from fish (what makes salmon pink!))

Aloe Vera
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I take a good mutli 2x day, 1800mg calcium citrate, 60mg iron, a good omega-3 x3 day, 5000 iu vitamin D, B-12, Biotin, a probiotic, a b-complex, cinnamon, chromium picolonate and of course the two I could not live without -- estrogen and progesterone! LOL

Never take iron with calcium -- if you have to take iron ;)

Also, if you're a Dr. Oz fanatic, please be very careful what you add to your regimen. I bought something he suggested once that had a known interaction with another very common medicine and ended up with seratonin syndrome which can be life threatening.

Even over the counter supplements can have interactions with each other --- most people rarely think of this or research.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Currently taking GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active. I chose them because they seemed pretty well-balanced and they were a great price at Sam's Club. They are flavored though (vanilla, with sucralose added). And I find that part of the vitamin-taking experience pretty awful. I like vitamins. I like vanilla just fine. I don't really give a crap about sucralose either way, but I'd just go without it if given the option. But seriously, WHY do you need to flavor vitamins that aren't chewable? Who licks their vitamins? (Don't answer that :huh:) But the, um, aroma is a little overwhelming to me, even if I don't let it hit my taste buds before throwing it back. Thank goodness it's only once a day and I'm not usually very awake when I take them. :tongue:

Anyway... I think as soon as I finish out the supply I have, I will be shopping again. I get nervous about shopping for multivitamins, because it's so difficult to separate the useful ingredients from the ones that are pure hype, even within one pill. I don't want to have to pay for something that I really wouldn't choose to take if it wasn't included in the pill, except everything else I want IS in there. But I don't really have the cabinet space to use each and every supplement individually (I was starting to amass a collection, but realized to get everything I want and need through individual supplements, I would also have to buy a Caboodles to carry them all).

I do want to start back up on fish oil, as I remember that I felt better overall when I was taking it regularly (although that's kind of anecdotal/possibly placebo - but it's still on my medical chart, and I just kind of nod & say "mmhmm" while avoiding eye contact as the nurse runs down my list of supplements), and I have Citracal +D which I was taking by itself before I started on the multivitamin.

GNC also makes Women's Ultra Mega in capsules. They're not flavored, and I find I'm able to take them easier.
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    Might sound sort of kid-like but I take Vitafusion Multivitamin Gummy Vitamins. I hate the after taste of the green tea pill in other multivitamin packs have. I find this works a lot better for me and it doesn't make me feel sick to my stomach either. And you get twice the daily amount of Vitamin D. The only thing it doesn't give you is calcium but I love dairy so I don't really worry too much about that.
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I take 1 multi vitamin, fish oil, & biotin (hair, skin, * nails)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin twice a day, 1000 UI of Vitamin D, 1000 mg of calcium, broken down into 250 mg tablets that I take four times a day, and Silica with Biotin added (twice a day)
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :happy: I just take a prenatal vitamin. it has everything i need in it. all my levels are great, i had a load of blood work done before my dr put me on Orlistat (Xenical-weight loss aid) and suggested I take one to replace any lost vitamins or nutrients that would be taken away by the Orlistat. I have prescription Iron pills, but don't take them anymore as I dont need them :smile:
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I take a Multi-vitamin daily and pro-biotic drink every morning. I personally feel I suffer with less colds through taking them.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I take B complex. I saw it on here and my pharmacist says its great for your metabolism.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I take the Kirkland Signature Daily Multipack deal from Costco. I always feel like I'm going to puke right after I take them, but if I take them consistently for a few days I get tons of energy.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Centrum and just switched to Centrum women's because I had a coupon. I also have some One A Day Weight Control that I intend to take when I start to plateau.
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    i forget to take mine :frown:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I never took vitamins before. But, since I started this journey on 02/24/12, I have started taking a few and I feel much better than I have in years. Plus, a couple I take now really seem to be helping my skin, hair and nails. Maybe, it's just actually that I'm eating now. Who knows?

I take...
    Centrum Silver for Women - 50+ Multi-Vitamin
    Natural Vitamin D3 - 400 IU
    Glucosamine Supplements
    Biotin - 1000 mcg
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    There are so many Multi vitamins out there that it is so hard to know what to take :(
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Vita-Fusion Multi-Vite Gummies
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, calcium (with vitamin D), probiotics, and B-12.
  • Jessicaarceneaux
    Jessicaarceneaux Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Alive! ultra max,B complex, & Vegan flaxseed oil